Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

veni veni veni posted:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

i see you don't venture into pyf often

quote:

TLOU also has the best multiplayer of any game ever. It loving rules and I still play it 6 years later.

this could be true (i doubt it unless they somehow shoved a whole different game in there) but i never tried it and i really doubt it's better than titanfall2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lemming posted:

Zooming around as a Vanguard with Charge + Nova combo was some of the most fun I've had in video games, and the multiplayer was also really great

I remember a great setup I had has a engineer where I just loaded up on drones and shot things in the face with a shotgun.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

mario rabbids xcom w/e is p fun and (unpopular part of opinion ahead) idk if it would work without the rabbids despite not really liking them, at all

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
if super mario bros nes was made today there would be an unskippable cutscene between every level detailing exactly what bowser is doing to the princess and how mario gets to the next level

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

jimmyjams posted:

if super mario bros nes was made today there would be an unskippable cutscene between every level detailing exactly what bowser is doing to the princess and how mario gets to the next level

bro this is a thing, that exists, in the game you're talking about, they show you going down a tunnel before any level that starts underground or underwater

this sad m'fer couldn't beat level 1-1 lmao

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

super monday night combat (RIP) and heroes of the storm are the best MOBA-like games

starcraft 2 is better than brood war

halo 5 multiplayer is better than reach and 4

half life deathmatch was more fun than counterstrike

ummm thats all the hot takes i can think of

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

jimmyjams posted:

If SMB were made today it would be some bullshit 8bit-alike indie game with an instant-reaet button like Super Meat Boy and score for your successful run would be based on how quick it was.

In other words, it would own.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Bloodline Champions and Battlerite are better than all MOBAs

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Butter Hole posted:

super monday night combat (RIP) and heroes of the storm are the best MOBA-like games

starcraft 2 is better than brood war

halo 5 multiplayer is better than reach and 4

half life deathmatch was more fun than counterstrike

ummm thats all the hot takes i can think of

HL2 releasing with Counterstrike Source as its multiplayer was bullshit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

food court bailiff posted:

bro this is a thing, that exists, in the game you're talking about, they show you going down a tunnel before any level that starts underground or underwater

this sad m'fer couldn't beat level 1-1 lmao

Holy poo poo jimmyjams got wrecked. I don’t know how I could show my face ever again after something like this.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Holy poo poo jimmyjams got wrecked. I don’t know how I could show my face ever again after something like this.

i knock them down hard, here, in the GBS vidya thread :colbert:

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

jimmyjams posted:

There are so many improvements they could make to Super Mario Bros with the help of modern technology and it's weird to just assume they would do none of that and only bad things off they made it today

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

i see you don't venture into pyf often

this could be true (i doubt it unless they somehow shoved a whole different game in there) but i never tried it and i really doubt it's better than titanfall2

The gameplay in TLOU is way better than people give it credit for. I guarantee anyone that calls it bad has never played it on the highest difficulties which transform the gameplay into something great. Normal mode dumbs it down to the point that it negatively affects really good systems they had set up.

Multiplayer is essentially a hyper violent counter strike with an emphasis on stealth, where you can sneak up on people and cut their throat or prison shank them. It’s amazing.

Titanfall 2 is my second favorite MP game ever if for no other reason TLOU has had more longevity.

And even if you don’t like TLOU, calling it a trash fire is downright ridiculous.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
TLOU is the worst game released in the last 15 years, even worse than mighty number 9.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

TLOU is a fuckin' stupid abbreviation

Making wc3 maps is still fun even if it is a dead, gay game

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

TLOU multiplayer was OK at best. Uncharted style games just aren’t fun.

Heavy Rain is cool and good

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I've never liked naughty dog and find most of the ps1 era platformers people clammer about to be dull

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

ChazTurbo posted:

most of the ps1 era platformers people clammer about to be dull

Yeah, it's crazy that people thought yooka-laylee had any chance of being fun when the games it's trying to evoke don't hold up at all

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

a bone to pick posted:

TLOU is the worst game released in the last 15 years, even worse than mighty number 9.

Jfc dude have you played some of the games released in the last 15 years?

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Travv0 posted:

Yeah, it's crazy that people thought yooka-laylee had any chance of being fun when the games it's trying to evoke don't hold up at all

Banjo holds up fine. Yooka Laylees world’s are too big and barren and not fun to traverse.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Bloodline Champions and Battlerite are better than all MOBAs

Still lolling that people play mobas at all where you have to move using the mouse lmfao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

TLOU was meh. The pacing was solid but everything else gameplay wise was mediocre.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

2house2fly posted:

Jfc dude have you played some of the games released in the last 15 years?

Bro, Knack is better than TLOU

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Travv0 posted:

There are so many improvements they could make to Super Mario Bros with the help of modern technology and it's weird to just assume they would do none of that and only bad things off they made it today

Nintendo tried that many times, they're called "New Super Mario Bros." The original NES game is better than all of them too, even though it has its flaws.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

AutumnDDP posted:

Nintendo tried that many times, they're called "New Super Mario Bros." The original NES game is better than all of them too, even though it has its flaws.

I was more thinking like if the original people made it today

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
NSMB is fun if you have friends that dont take it seriously and every level turns into trying to get to the end while loving over your teammates.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the PS VR is more fun then it has any right to be. Surgeon simulator is fun as gently caress.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Travv0 posted:

I was more thinking like if the original people made it today

Ah OK, gotcha.

Super Mario Maker 3DS, despite being a scaled down version of the WiiU game, actually has 100 excellent stages built in. So there are some guys at Nintendo capable of making great Mario, they just aren't working on these games.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Tomonobu Itagaki is an embarrassment

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Irradiation posted:

NSMB is fun if you have friends that dont take it seriously and every level turns into trying to get to the end while loving over your teammates.

There are other ways?

Reminds me of the only time I ever played Little Big Planet. We got to the very end of the level and just as he was about to cross the finish line, I grabbed my friend and dragged him back for a good 30 seconds until we fell in a pit and died.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Has anyone sOd video games are for children yet haha

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Shadow of the Colossus is overhyped. I’m playing it, it’s fun, it’s cool, I get it. But people made it like this game was the bee’s tits.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Rainbow 6 Siege is a huge cash grab and sucks eggs

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Shadow of the Colossus is overhyped. I’m playing it, it’s fun, it’s cool, I get it. But people made it like this game was the bee’s tits.

I agree. It's basically a boss rush with some puzzle mechanics which works out well. There are so many people that cite it for being a great example of art in video games though and it makes me feel conjugal embarrassment.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

IDONTPOST posted:

Rainbow 6 Siege is a huge cash grab and sucks eggs

How???

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

You can buy their 3 year old game for 15 dollars and have an incredible grind or pay to upgrade or download dlc.

You can buy the 40 dollar version of the game and still have an incredible grind to get the Dlc characters.

The Dlc characters on launch are always the best on the game, if you don’t have the time for the incredible grind or the 30 dollars to buy them you’re handicapping yourself competitively.

Game sucks and so does the moba model of obtaining characters.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Irradiation posted:

Every co-op game should be like this.

I remember having so much fun playing Battletoads & Double Dragon with my friend while kicking each other's asses constantly.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

About halfway through I got fed up with the wonky climbing physics and quit. I think that might be one of the most frustrating games I've played. I'm probably just bad at it but trying to jump up and then something moves and bumps you a tiny bit and you ragdoll all the way down and have to start over and man I hated it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

TLOU also has the best multiplayer of any game ever. It loving rules and I still play it 6 years later.

tlou multiplayer is seriously the most underrated multiplayer mode out there, nothing quite plays like it, the way you dip from cover the cover and something about the viewing angle of the screen really makes it feel so cool and tactical, and the way you can actually sneak up on people is incredible. Such a cool game, I hope the next one has a bit more balance to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

While I would agree even in its heyday it wasn't THAT good, it was made at a time when there was nothing else like it.

For starters giant functioning bosses in 3D games were practically non-existent prior to it. There was also the concept of "every enemy is a boss" which was very neat for the time as boss rush games weren't common then.