Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Shinada owns, actually. Too bad he is absolute 0 fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Finished Kiwami! I did about 50 of the substories before deciding to just move on to the ending. Pretty happy with my experience and even though it kind of felt more like an after note to Yakuza Zero it was cool seeing this part of Kiryu's story, and is probably the best way to do so.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
As the singular weirdo who loves playing as Shinada, holy poo poo I can't wait for Kiwami 2 and then remastered 3, 4, and 5 so I can play this entire drat series again before actually playing 6 finally

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

screaden posted:

Isn't that all the characters though? I love it when a group of people turn around to walk away in absolute perfect unison.

The same animations can be applied to numerous different models, so long as they're built with the same type of skeletal rig (in this case, a biped)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

ALFbrot posted:

The same animations can be applied to numerous different models, so long as they're built with the same type of skeletal rig (in this case, a biped)

This is also the way people were modding Y5 to make Haruka combat videos (by swapping Kiryu’s model out for hers)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm up to chapter...17 of Yakuza 0 and I just want to :qq: every single chapter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah so, I actually beat Yakuza 0 today. Probably my favorite story since 2, though I hope 6 can top that too. Majima....god drat, dude, I'm so sorry.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I just finished Kiwami myself. If you've played 1 or Kiwami already, I am curious: (spoilers for 0 and 1/Kiwami)

How does Kiryu and Nishiki's friendship read if you've already seen how it ends? When I played Yakuza 0, I definitely felt more engaged with Majima's trials than I did with Kiryu's adventure. I was definitely tearing up when he says goodbye to Makoto at the end. But I can imagine seeing Kiryu and Nishiki's bonds being strained to the breaking point, only for them to stick together at the end, would be more emotionally effective if you knew it was going to wind up really badly.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The OG Yakuza was good on its own merits, but I envy those who get to go in fresh from 0 to Kiwami.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah so, I actually beat Yakuza 0 today. Probably my favorite story since 2, though I hope 6 can top that too. Majima....god drat, dude, I'm so sorry.

6 has some really crazy poo poo in it. I loved that game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

nrook posted:

I just finished Kiwami myself. If you've played 1 or Kiwami already, I am curious: (spoilers for 0 and 1/Kiwami)

How does Kiryu and Nishiki's friendship read if you've already seen how it ends? When I played Yakuza 0, I definitely felt more engaged with Majima's trials than I did with Kiryu's adventure. I was definitely tearing up when he says goodbye to Makoto at the end. But I can imagine seeing Kiryu and Nishiki's bonds being strained to the breaking point, only for them to stick together at the end, would be more emotionally effective if you knew it was going to wind up really badly.

Having played the OG a decade ago, and kiwami a couple months prior, I think the Nishiki stuff actually stings more going to 0 afterwards. He...he was a real bro in this one.:qq:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife was yelling at the TV going from 0 to Kiwami, she was so sick of Nishki's poo poo it was unreal

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Going from Kiwami -> 0 just makes their friendship all the more tragic because you know how it all falls out and seeing what they would've done for each other in 0 is just heartwrenching.

Then Nishiki's "Don't cross that line, you'll never come back if you do!" from the ending was just like a kick to the gut.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Buckled down and finished 0 tonight, finally decided to stop worrying about a plat since the legend playthrough by itself is probably way more time than I want to commit. Man the story in the last few chapters really ramps up. Really glad I decided to pick this up.

Not sure when I'll move on to Kiwami, there are so many games to play :supaburn:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 10, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yakuza does best with some time to breathe between games because while they're all great, they're real samey.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/AboveUp/status/1005985003489189888

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They're probably already dead

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Fuuuuuuuuck, still haven't recovered from the DMC5 reveal. If Squeenix or Nintendo show anything even mildly interesting I may have a heart attack.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I was wondering what they would call it since "Yakuza Fist of the North Star" would be nonsense

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I was super disappointed in the Fallout reveal and this has put my day straight back on track.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I was super disappointed in the Fallout reveal and this has put my day straight back on track.

Tell me about it. My favorite video game franchises are Deus Ex, Fallout, Metal Gear, Shin Megami Tensei, and Yakuza. I suspect that if all five have good years at the same time it will trigger a massive solar flare that destroys all life on Earth.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnN-zSuD6jk

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006205211042435072?s=19

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That is gorier than the Japanese version, including giblets.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638970/Yakuza_0/

Kiwami and 0 are coming to PC, 0 is out in August.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

mp5 posted:

18 bucks for yakuza zero pc? Where did my money go?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

mp5 posted:

Today is killing me in the best way

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mp5 posted:

I’m happy for everyone who gets to experience these games now

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
That is a killer price for Y0. I bet that's going to do gangbusters for them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the best.

Surely Sega are going to pull the trigger on Ishin now that Ghosts of Tsushima, Sekiro and Nioh 2 are happening too right?
Samurai is the new thing.

Sega please
Sega please

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Clicked on that preorder button so loving hard. :getin: My PC is getting old, but these aren't super demanding games so I'm not too worried about the performance.

Looks like Zero is already on the top sellers list on Steam as well.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Captain Walker posted:

Tell me about it. My favorite video game franchises are Deus Ex, Fallout, Metal Gear, Shin Megami Tensei, and Yakuza. I suspect that if all five have good years at the same time it will trigger a massive solar flare that destroys all life on Earth.

I know this is the Yakuza thread, but if Shin Megami Tensei V shows up today, I may explode with excitement.

E: I'm also so happy that my PC friendos can play Yakuza 0 and Kiwami.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 12, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gonna be weird playing what is basically a Yakuza game with English VO.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gaz-L posted:

Gonna be weird playing what is basically a Yakuza game with English VO.

It's dual audio so you can listen to the JP VO if you want

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fortunately

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Been wanting Yakuza 0 for a while now, so the Steam release at $20 looks great. I'm also seeing that the PSN store has dropped the game to the same price in response. If I have a PS4 Pro should I just get it now, or is there any reason to wait? The game would be at 1080p / 60fps either way due to my monitor.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I saw the Yakuza Kiwami 2 trailer from E3 and I am curious, how much of the stuff from that trailer wasn't in the original game?

e: for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0pVRkpvtCg

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

FallenGod posted:

Been wanting Yakuza 0 for a while now, so the Steam release at $20 looks great. I'm also seeing that the PSN store has dropped the game to the same price in response. If I have a PS4 Pro should I just get it now, or is there any reason to wait? The game would be at 1080p / 60fps either way due to my monitor.
You might get some better anti-aliasing and that sort of thing on PC, but the PS4 version runs at a near-flawless 60 fps on the Pro and looks really nice so I'd say go ahead and get that one. You can always grab the Steam version later on if you get a 4K monitor or something.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Sounds good, wanted to make sure I wouldn't miss anything.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

IcePhoenix posted:

I saw the Yakuza Kiwami 2 trailer from E3 and I am curious, how much of the stuff from that trailer wasn't in the original game?

e: for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0pVRkpvtCg

Basically the minigames and any playable Majima stuff is new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

You might get some better anti-aliasing and that sort of thing on PC, but the PS4 version runs at a near-flawless 60 fps on the Pro and looks really nice so I'd say go ahead and get that one. You can always grab the Steam version later on if you get a 4K monitor or something.

Yeah, this. Only reason to grab it on PC would also be for any mods.