Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lw in a 4 link actually feels decent for movement. I hate using a 4l for it but oh well I don't need those links anyways. Arc totems own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Slaughter
Sep 3, 2008
Got hit by the latest purge, could use an invite to "Colundi"

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Would really like an invite on Vaalcityhealthinspector

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Should I price this at ~1 ex or more like ~3 ex? Poe.trade is giving me wildly different values when I alternate between searching for 100 res and 110 res, 100 life and 110 life, etc.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
split the difference, sell it for two, move on with life

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Total PoE noob here, I found a 5L Queen of the Forest. What is a fun build to use it on? Preferably something cheap because I'm poor as gently caress.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Traxis posted:

Total PoE noob here, I found a 5L Queen of the Forest. What is a fun build to use it on? Preferably something cheap because I'm poor as gently caress.

You want something that goes fast so probably a wander?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm thinking incinerate.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Traxis posted:

Frost Blades Raider?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm thinking incinerate.

mate he's a noob, he doesn thave the currency to color that

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

It's per trap on the ground, traps don't actually disappear for a second or two after activating.

Thanks for clarifying, guess it would be tough to model for PoB

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I went in blind and started a new duelist dual-wield/cleave toon, but I lost most of interest in the game when I have to choose the between various permanent quest rewards in A2.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They're not actually permanent and how the gently caress does choices in video games make you stop playing lol.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Yeah, that's a bit bizarre. The game barely starts before you finish all ten acts, and while it might cost more or less to change any given choice you made, nothing is permanent except starting class.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Palladium posted:

I went in blind and started a new duelist dual-wield/cleave toon, but I lost most of interest in the game when I have to choose the between various permanent quest rewards in A2.

Maybe video games in general aren’t for you if you don’t like making choices.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Are you crit based? Alira

Are you not? Kill everyone.

EXCEPTION: Alira even if you're not crit but need the resists/mana.

End.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Palladium posted:

:allears:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Palladium posted:

Hey choice anxiety is fine but you should know those kind of choices do not matter much, your first character is not going to be amazing unless you spend a lot of time reading about how the game works and follow a guide to the letter.

I suggest just continuing getting used to the game, getting into the guild so you can ask all kinds of "stupid" questions cause this game is complicated and there is a lot going on, and generally just moving forward through the acts.

As the others said, no choice in this game is permanent due to the way currency works there is a recipe to undo every choice except class, but it's generally not cheap for a newbie.

Focus on progressing through the acts and learning what the defense types are (es, Armour, evasion, Dodge, manually dodging, resistances), the different kind of effects/enemies you'll see and the types of currency as well as what can roll on gear as there are quite a few different mods that may not be straightforward.

In general just ask lots of questions, either in guild or discord and look up stuff on the wiki as well.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Can anyone look at my trapper and quickly tell me what reasonable upgrades I can make? I know there are plenty. I have the lore weave in my bank just trying to color and link it. Wondering if I should just sell it and get a shimmerons tonight when I get home. I think that dps will be fine, because my survivability seems fine as is.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Zotix posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

Can anyone look at my trapper and quickly tell me what reasonable upgrades I can make? I know there are plenty. I have the lore weave in my bank just trying to color and link it. Wondering if I should just sell it and get a shimmerons tonight when I get home. I think that dps will be fine, because my survivability seems fine as is.

Your dagger is absolute garbage and you could get a better one for like a single chaos. A Shimmeron would be such a hilariously massive increase in damage for you. Also I recommend you find something to respec in to those power charge nodes that are each 2 nodes away from your path, and switch Trap and Mine Damage on your arc traps out for Charged Traps.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I was gonna do PP Lightning Warp/Arc but decided I'm too poor to afford the en vogue lightning gear.

I'm gonna do Dark Pact/Skele PP and use Cherubim's. I tried gearing Perfect Form but I'm like 100+ Dex short so I think pathing down to Phase Acro is worth it, paired with MoM. Seems like with a gloomfang for the +1 chain it should be respectable. It's not gonna zoom around like LW or Body Swap in PP, but maybe it will be worth putting in body swap/unearth while clearing and simply weapon swap to another PP with Skellies+Minion life+Empower for bosses?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

Your dagger is absolute garbage and you could get a better one for like a single chaos. A Shimmeron would be such a hilariously massive increase in damage for you. Also I recommend you find something to respec in to those power charge nodes that are each 2 nodes away from your path, and switch Trap and Mine Damage on your arc traps out for Charged Traps.

I'll take a look when I get off of work in a few hours. Thank you for the reply. Do you think that getting a shimmerons without the loreweave will be too much incoming damage for me? Also how vital are 80.max resists on a loreweave? The one I bought is 79,but has solid stats all the way around.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Palladium posted:

The bandit awards aren't permanent. .

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

The bandit awards aren't permanent. .

For a new player they might as well be.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Palladium posted:

Oh god, 'toon'

Also, is there space in the guild? I could use an invite on Clibanaria if so.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Yeah my number one piece of advice for this or any game is to never call your character a "Toon".

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Zotix posted:

I'll take a look when I get off of work in a few hours. Thank you for the reply. Do you think that getting a shimmerons without the loreweave will be too much incoming damage for me? Also how vital are 80.max resists on a loreweave? The one I bought is 79,but has solid stats all the way around.

With 79% max resists you're taking 5% more damage than you would with 80%. You don't need to worry about Shimmeron's damage over time because it doesn't actually apply if you're not the one doing the killing (Traps/Mines/Totems) so it's bullshit overpowered for trappers.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Trap criticals don't actually count as you getting a critical strike? :catstare:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The Shortest Path posted:

Trap criticals don't actually count as you getting a critical strike? :catstare:
No because YOU aren't the one getting the crit. Same for totems and traps.

Attempted to do a half rear end speed run on my new champion build, first three acts went good and fast then got to the end of act 4 way under leveled and slightly under geared. Wasted an hour grinding levels so I wouldn't be getting xp penalty for being so far under. Need to pay more attention to area versus character level next time. Sunder with self found junk was still clearing whites in one hit 10 levels under.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah, traps and totems get to use shimmeron with almost no downside, hence the price of it this league. Fair warning though if you're using flame dash or lightning warp with shimmeron and you crit something with those abilities, shimmeron will start damaging you so watch out for that.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

For a new player they might as well be.

it's not hard to get 20 orbs of regret once you're mapping, which is the point where you might want to rethink your bandit reward.

fyi new dude: there's no permanent decisions for a character at all, except for class - it just might be a bit expensive (in-game currency items, tho, not real money) to redo some decisions. even ascendancy class can be respecced. also you're a bit too concerned with perfection here - none of the bandit rewards are that significant.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

They're not actually permanent and how the gently caress does choices in video games make you stop playing lol.

the example in this case is extreme, but decision paralysis is a real, and loving weird, thing

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It would be cool if they added a auction UI just for maps. I don't mind mind the trade system in general and I understand why they don't wholesale implement an auction house but trying to buy maps is just miserable

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Vasudus posted:

Are you crit based? Alira

Are you not? Kill everyone.

EXCEPTION: Alira even if you're not crit but need the resists/mana.

End.

I help Alira pretty much by default even on noncrit characters because mana regen is nice and gently caress the resists minigame, i've played that long enough tyvm

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I shoulda went traps

Finally got a wurm tho and now me and a bv guy and a double strike guy get haste and hatred. :toot:

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
So I’m in love with his league because of new Arc. I’m playing a Arc mine decay occultist, basically using arc to deliver the decay. All my testing shows that the more % mod applies to the decay.

Vaal arc on the incursion maps is absolute ridiculousness. If the patch makes it chain to things you don’t have sight to without fixing the %more it’s going to be ridiculous. Here’s hoping there’s not a stealth nerf.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I got up to maps on a flicker strike guy, and while it was fun, I've done it three times now. I didn't even get him to yellow maps before I rolled out an Arc Trapper. Holy loving balls. This poo poo is bananas. I'm still in the story, just starting act 10, and and this guy just annihilates rooms at a time.

I was convinced this is broken and would get patched out, and I just saw a banner for the new patch on the login screen. Fearing the worst, I went and had a look.

quote:

Fixed a bug where Arc and Vaal Arc did not chain to monsters that the player did not have line of sight to.

Oh, so a) not broken and b) getting improved.

God drat.

Is my target with arc traps to get a shimmeron? Are there any other must-haves?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So after leveling a few other support gems and testing out the damage in game, added cold damage is great for rain of arrows. Fiddled around a bit with my tree and support gems and my damage has gone way up. Melting my way through red maps with no problems (other than than the fact I can't seem to buy it off poetrade because the site is being dumb right now.) I'm still on a 5L and I really should get my hands on a Wise Oak and/or Taste of Hate so damage can be improved even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5F2sse45xM T13 Malformation

I'll give shaper guardians a try once I get the maps to them.

frankenbeans posted:

I was convinced this is broken and would get patched out, and I just saw a banner for the new patch on the login screen. Fearing the worst, I went and had a look.

GGG doesn't do skill changes in the middle of the league. If its getting nerfed it will be for next league.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
GGG will absolutely nerf unintended interactions though which is why I’m always worried if this patch will be the patch that changes arc to “with hits and ailments” for the chain mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Flavahbeast posted:

It would be cool if they added a auction UI just for maps. I don't mind mind the trade system in general and I understand why they don't wholesale implement an auction house but trying to buy maps is just miserable

I was running into that yesterday too... is it just that the people who sell maps are usually busy mapping? I couldn't get the time of day from anyone.