Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the LGD boss is pretty god drat TERRIFYING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
235 tickets boys, going for 4 Kid Ryd's, im alright if I can even get 1, lets do this

Ulrica
Shadow
Lani
Veritas Earth
Bedile
Amelia
Mercedes
Edward
Tellah
King
Charie
Lani
Xiao
Faris
Edward
Fran
Krile
Yang
Grace
Bedile
Maria
Yang
Kuja
Libertus
Xiao
Edward
Guromu
Xiao
Edward
Alma
Vaan
Mr Thou
Penelo
Mr Thou
Hayate
Luna
Guy
Edward
Edward
Lawrence
Anzelm
Edward
Sazh
King
Lenna
Edward
Glauca
Edward
Edward
Shine
Edward
Edward
Edward
Edward
Miyuki
Ryunan
Verun
Medius
Edward
Tellah
Terra
Galuf
Hayate
Meliadoul
Amelia
Maria
Yuri
Edward
Carlotte
King
Edward
Xiao
Edward
Leon
Mustadio
Black Waltz 3
Edward
Scarmiglione
Timothy
Otogiri
Galuf
Mercedes
Kuja
Edward
Exdeath
Ruggles
Edward
Edward
Tellah
Edward
Edward
Trey
Camille
Timothy
Medius
Charlotte
Trey
3* Kain
Black Waltz 3
Ulrica
-------100 Tickets Used point---------
Helena
Rakshasa
Shine
Edward
Edward
Regular Rydia
Kaede
Edward
Ludmille
Penelo
Firion
Tellah
Edward
Edward
Edward
Ingus
Jack
Eight
Amarant
Edward
Firion
Wadow
Yang
Amarant
Iris
Edward
Xiao
5* Beatrix
Luka
5* Aranea
Edward
Rakshasa
Clyne
Edgar
Seven
Agrias
Edward
Fang
5* Kain
Luna
Veritas of the Earth
Goken
Faris
Anzelm
Shera
Scarmiglione
Medius
Edward
Amelia
Hayate
Erwin
Iris
Cerius
Medius
Fran
Cinque
Luka
Luka
Lani
Locke
Rubicante
Terra
Amy
Eight
Anzelm
Veritas of the Waters
Luna
Cor
Amarant
Charlotte
Edward
Krile
Yang
Veritas of the Earth
Edward
Edward
Edward
Anzelm
5* Nyx
Shera
Vivi
Edward
King
Terra
Chloe
Arc
Exdeath
Kamui
Edward
Sara
Erwin
Clyne
Agrias
Zyrus
Iris
Eight
Lawrence
Lawrence
Faris
--------200 tickets used at this point---------
Amelia
Leo
Heltich
Exdeath
Guy
Yang
Nine
Sice
Conrad
Edward
Amy
Black Waltz 3
Yang
Edward
Edward
Aura
Yang
Kamui
Riley
Rubicante
Cyan
Guy
Yuri
Edward
Russell
Edward
Otogiri
Yang
Hayate
Tellah
Edge
Rakshasa
Elle
Elle

No Kid rydia's, time to blow 4*'s of which I have 46
Amelia
Yang
Mercedes
-----those 3 on top I had done by accident during the 245----
Yang
Beach Time Fina
4*......5*......Pure Summoner Rydia
Aria
Yang
Vanille
Shylt
Yang
Yang
Veritas of the Waters
Yang
Yang
Yang
Ohga
Soleil
Gaffgarion
Aria
Hope
Chizuru
Vayne
Yang
Yang
Yang
Yang
William
Ashe
5* Kain
5* Pure Summoner Rydia
Rikku
Leon
Yang
Victoria
Yang
Yang
Seven
Yang
5* Kain
Rasler
Setzer
Aria
Yang
Yang
Yang

5* 10% nets me edward

Lets see what EX summons get me
5*
Onion Knight
Veritas of the Flame

4*
Meliadoul
Zyrus
Yang
Grace
Bran
Garnet
Verun
Crowe
Rosa
Meliadoul
Xon

I got 17 10+1 tickets, , ill do until I have 5 for shits and giggles. gonna put any notable units
Draw 1: Luka, Nine, Vanille
Draw 2: Chizuru, Shine, Olif, Leon
Draw 3: Wadow, Aria, Chizuru
Draw 4:Glauca, 5* Another loving Nyx, Leon, Seymour, Killian
Draw 5: Agrias, King, Veritas of Water, Garnet
Draw 6: Snow
Draw 7:Hope
Draw 8: Snow, Garnet, Soleil, Sozhe
Draw 9: Chizuru, Wadow, 5* Elfreeda, 3* rydia
Draw 10:Goken, Gaffgarion
Draw 11: Rubicante, Ashe, Goken, WoL
Draw 12: Beach Fina, William, Soleil, Veritas of the Waters

Now for Lapis pulls. same as above
Draw 1: Shine, Vayne
Draw 2: Yang, Show
Draw 3: Yang, Cedona, Rubicante
Draw 4: Yang, Steiner, King
Draw 5: Verun, Garnet, Veritas Water, Yang
Draw 6: Yang, Veritas of Heavens, 5* Jiraya, Zyrus
Draw 7: Yang, Wadow, Yang, Garnet
Draw 8: Yang, Killian, Yang, Soleil, Beach Fina, 5* Fryevia
Draw 9: Yang, Yang
Draw 10:Vayne, Yang, Leon, 5* Prishe, 5* Balthier Dupe X2

Those were some bad bad lapis pulls but I got Fry out of it so ok I guess?

Anyways, 7* rydia secured, but not the STMR but I still have time for that. Mission still successful

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You got a lot of loving Edwards there! Good work though, I'm saving up for Xenogears someday myself.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm more amazed he burned all those tickets and none of them were Gau, who is probably the new Bedile. Maybe that dumbass showed up in 10+1.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I literally have enough Edwards and Yang's to get their TMR's.

Shame I literally dont need any of them since I have 5 between the Kain Klones and Rydia Raiders. Gotta love those Wall of Spoon's on the pulls.
Mayeb Gau showed up in 10+1 but I didnt pay attention to the 3*'s unless they had green hair.

Now watch them announce the SD3 collab, and I am utterly hosed if that happens.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 9, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shadow, confirmed rarer than nyx

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Looks like 5* Kain won't chain perfectly with Lila due to his hit animation being quicker than hers. You can chain one set of hits, but the second will have Kain going faster than Lila.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

look at this thing, why isnt it the banners 7* instead of yet another dragoon????

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

22 tickets landed me kydia. I decided to yolo it and about 100 tickets later landed my 2nd rainbow, kain!

Bad rainbow rates though :(

Still working on malboro, but thanks for the units.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

look at this thing, why isnt it the banners 7* instead of yet another dragoon????

Dafuq is that?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Ratmtattat posted:

Looks like 5* Kain won't chain perfectly with Lila due to his hit animation being quicker than hers. You can chain one set of hits, but the second will have Kain going faster than Lila.

Nor can he full DW chain with Aileen, since he's slower than her. Gumi adjusted the frame pattern but didn't consider DW and the "lag" from animations happening.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Which is surprising because they fixed it for Fry”s enhancements by tweaking her DW delay specifically. I wonder if that was killed alongside the w-summon ge buff and they just never acknowledged it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
fyi I apparently got 3 gau's from the 10+1 or lapis pulls as I discovered as I started crushing things together to get me back under the limit.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Done, thanks scrublord

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m afraid for the Nichol banner now because the game is being nice to me. 2 4* tickets got me a Kaliva.

On another note, I think doing the hard carry/skip trash method on LGD isn’t worth it any more. Killing even the last two fights only gives you 292 of 680 tails. They’ve basically split it all up among the trash now.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Ugato posted:

I’m afraid for the Nichol banner now because the game is being nice to me. 2 4* tickets got me a Kaliva.

On another note, I think doing the hard carry/skip trash method on LGD isn’t worth it any more. Killing even the last two fights only gives you 292 of 680 tails. They’ve basically split it all up among the trash now.

Good thing my luck was poo poo and only got 2 bonus units, so I'm rolling with a bunch of my heavy hitters that can kill all the mobs in LGD.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I hit two runs of 7 encounters with max marshmellows and hit like 90k after a half dozen runs. There isn't any real chase event equipment so outside of replenishing my stock of 5* mats so I'm pretty much done with this event already.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
That’s true. I haven’t been so lucky, so I have a bit to go. I swapped to a hard carry Tidus for anyone that needs help plowing through LGD. Be careful of autoing through it all as you need to use magic* on the pink flans or you get locked into a charm loop.

* - use Alterna

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is Barusa worth chasing? His TMR seems really good and unique

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I only pulled 3 spoony bards and 1 Yang, so I'm running LGD with a Dragonlord with Concealing Cloth. Yang punches his way through while everyone else hides until the Gargoyle, Edward imperils or breaks the Gargoyle which is enough for Dragonlord to reliably one-shot it, and then it is smooth sailing since Yang can win by just auto-attacking from there.

I'm not sure if the math for skipping 1 stage in LGD works out better than running ELT, but my Yang can solo all stages other than the Gargoyle, so you can run a full team of bonus units as long as you bring one who can both hide and escape to skip the Gargoyle.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Skyridge posted:

Hard to say without knowing what’s going to happen with our 7* stuff.

They did just announce a new EX unit in JP. Her TMR is tdh for mag. Her stmr is a hybrid’s wet dream (60 atk/mag hat).i don’t know the details of the unit yet, but as far as I’m aware that’s the first instance of mag dh/tdh in JP.

I went for the old man because his TMR is unique, I can afford to burn resources on min-maxy crap and it can make for a really beefy GLS right now. I also have some strong abuse potential with TTerra because I have very solid mage gear with a stmr robe waiting for her. But even then, it’s going to be a close call - most mages get + equipped mag with DH and DW. And 7* have huge jumps in base stats, dramatically inflating the value of those 40 and 50% mag materias.

I think, at most, it’s going to be a BIS option for some units but not by a huge margin. If you don’t need CG Nichol and don’t want Reagan or cg rain then, other than the unknown collab we’ll be getting, there’s nothing for probably the next two months that’s worth going in on hard.

E: if you’re on the fence, wait to see what’s said on Monday at least. Maybe we’ll get some heads up from E3.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 9, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Skyridge posted:

Yes purely because he's cute af.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
I am running shantotto with a friend rydia and chaining my way through with bonus units. Edward can equip the Apollo harp for heros rime.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I mean sure. Waifu rules always apply.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
I got Ray Jacked on my second 4* ticket trying to pull a Kaliva.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

He does a lot of earth damage in his attacks.

Barusa is a bit better than Warrior of Light or Earth Veritas in some ways.

Immune to paralyze and confuse, which is nice, and has a skill that cures all status effects to himself and gives 100% resist to status ailments for a 3 turns.

His TMR is good for tanks, and really good for him.

He's got AOE PHYS blocking (50% mitigation) and 100% Provoke (20% mitigation.) Plus he can can up PYS or MAG mitigation by another 25% to a single target with an additional +80% to the target's DEF or SPR.

This is pre-enhancements, his AOE cover skill is one of the ones getting buffed. His wiki page hasn't been updated yet.

But here is the most interesting thing about Barusa:

His Primeval Howl has Quick Hit frames and chains perfectly with Camille and Tidus.

Primeval Howl uses DEF scaling to deal damage, so the tanker your Barusa is, the more damage he deals (to anything that isn't immune to earth, obviously.)

TL;DR: Barusa good.

Mustached Demon posted:

Yes purely because he's cute af.

Also this I guess?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But here is the most interesting thing about Barusa:

His Primeval Howl has Quick Hit frames and chains perfectly with Camille and Tidus.

Barusa:
Primeval Howl: 2-6-6-6-6-6-6 (0)

Camille:
Earth-Shattering Blade: 2-8-8-8-8-8-8 (0)
Swift Tidal Attack: 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20 (20)

Tidus:
Quick Hit: 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20 (20)

I dunno where you're getting your information from, but they are bad people and should feel bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Barusa:

Camille:

Tidus:

I dunno where you're getting your information from, but they are bad people and should feel bad.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Barusa:

Camille:

Tidus:

poo poo, you're right. It's Explorer Aileen and Lara Croft he chains with.

By bad. I could have sworn it was different the last time I looked at that page...

Anyway, his tanking aspects are all still quite good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 10, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think I'm pretty much done with the KM event already. Have all tickets, replenished any 6* mats that were under 100, any got the quarz. Really the only thing left I'd consider getting is some power giancrysts, as I'm always short on those.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Can anyone put up a Shiva-geared 2B with a fire weapon? Ice resistance >50% please, and Man-Eater a plus. I've got everything else covered, it's just taking too long with the other 2B's on my list and I run out of MP or mess up.

Friend code: 746,502,688, DrMeeple in game.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Sure, I put up a 2B. Gave her Shiva for the 50% ice resistance, has Hoemaru for fire, and mostly built to DPS except for Wisdom over Instinctual Guard.
7340 HP, 1078 ATK, 358 DEF, 224 SPR, 50% ice resistance. 1 Man Eater (still gotta do Elnath for ME+)

e: missed >, swapped out Cloud's Uniform for Ice Armor. 6840 HP, 1063 ATK, 373 DEF, 209 SPR, 100% ice resistance.

IGN Buttz

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have 3x Orochi. How many copies of its TMR should I aim for?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Depends on how many bow, gun or throwing attack units you have. Swords, great swords, katanas, Spears all have better options available

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Scrublord Prime posted:

Sure, I put up a 2B. Gave her Shiva for the 50% ice resistance, has Hoemaru for fire, and mostly built to DPS except for Wisdom over Instinctual Guard.
7340 HP, 1078 ATK, 358 DEF, 224 SPR, 50% ice resistance. 1 Man Eater (still gotta do Elnath for ME+)

e: missed >, swapped out Cloud's Uniform for Ice Armor. 6840 HP, 1063 ATK, 373 DEF, 209 SPR, 100% ice resistance.

IGN Buttz

Just checked, and your friend unit appears to beT Terra?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

I have 3x Orochi. How many copies of its TMR should I aim for?

No smooshing, farm all three. It’s likely to be BIS for all Fixed Dice TDH builds for a while.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

werdnam posted:

Just checked, and your friend unit appears to beT Terra?

Whoops, fixed that!

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Whoops, fixed that!

Thanks! In the meantime, finally got her down with my own Orlandeau + Agrias as DPS.

God, that was an annoying fight. I don't know what I would have done without a 100% evasion WoL.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I really don't see why you'd need more than one, though? Anyone who's using Fixed Dice is probably only using one, yeah?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I have 7 of the guy and I’m farming all of them. In a 10 man, you can’t get enough 40% ATK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I have 1 of him and 0 desire to ever try for another. The only times I’m ever going to use it are on a FD unit and I can’t imagine ever running two fd units after 7* hits.

• Locked thread