Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

and im not even loving with you here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'll be honest after the mess that was College I'm not gonna trust any non Kyoani K-on

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

never trust an anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean I heard even the original K-On manga was kind of mediocre and is mostly relevant because of how KyoAni elevated it, so I don't have any strong feelings about another one of those.

Not like Kirara hasn't gotten the essential formula of the thing down to a science these days, lol.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'll be honest after the mess that was College I'm not gonna trust any non Kyoani K-on

:agreed:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
K-on....babies?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

K-OL

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

K-OS

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

K-O! K-O. Daylight come and me want go home. Lol

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzgxkIuiok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek39M_lYUtE

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

wut

wut

*adds both to watch list*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cells at work is really cool but I forgot about it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the hamster ball people creep me out

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Cells at work is really cool but I forgot about it.

I like it, even though it's pretty formulaic

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder how many minutes it will be before the first blood type joke.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

I like it, even though it's pretty formulaic

its a good comedy but much like bill murray whoever body they are in is in constant mortal peril

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Last Period is hornier this week than last week's beach episode where the girls' swimsuits vanished at the end.

the entire ep is an extended reference on samsung vs. apple. the villain's name is Android Sonya. It actually went over my head when I first watched it. whoops

https://my.mixtape.moe/fzzkvp.webm
really pro click

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

How do I enable that feature

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wiseman

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol those were some Ideon moves she used at the end

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I see a hero there, not a villain.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

An anime about a mobage dunking on the platform that spends less on mobage is next level

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i look forward to the last period finale, where the show is cancelled because the mobage can't afford to update to new iphone specs

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Very subtle, that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

Very subtle, that.

To be fair at first I thought show was just dunking on David Cage much like Hugatto did

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im looking forward to my last period, am i right ladies??

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SatoshiMiwa posted:

To be fair at first I thought show was just dunking on David Cage much like Hugatto did

Yeah I saw other people laughing at that cap earlier and was like "am I supposed to get this dunk??"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

lol

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Space Flower posted:

Yeah I saw other people laughing at that cap earlier and was like "am I supposed to get this dunk??"

i got it with the "i dont like androids" line while eating an apple, but uh, i didn't get how anything else in the episode related to that. it just felt like a reference out of nowhere

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
double Post

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Blhue posted:

i got it with the "i dont like androids" line while eating an apple, but uh, i didn't get how anything else in the episode related to that. it just felt like a reference out of nowhere

Gingerbread, Lollipop, and Marshmellow are all code names for Android operating system versions 2.3, 5, and 6.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

edit: also presumably the "galaxy" imagery

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, they went in pretty heavy in like the last 5 minutes but there wasn't anything specific before that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah it felt like it's just typical Android going out of control humor till the last bit and than it all made sense

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Finally getting around to checking out what's coming up next season, and there seems to be a decent slew of fun stuff in there. http://anichart.net/Summer-2018

Anyways I plan to have the new thread up by next weekend, so it's about that time where I ask my fellow goons what they think the title for the next seasonal thread should be.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4alTaQ4TK4

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Julias posted:

it's about that time where I ask my fellow goons what they think the title for the next seasonal thread should be.

Summer 2018: Western PC games finally get representation in anime

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Summer 2018: Put that ramrod in that bishie

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Every season it never fails to surprise me just how many isekai harem mmorpg idol shows there are, but once you cut them out of the picture there are some fairly interesting looking premises and a few adaptations that could be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Summer Season 2018: It's Fuckin' Hot, Again!

• Locked thread