Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is the only Nintendo Power I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This is turning into another Molested thread

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Average Bear posted:

This is turning into another Molested thread

It’s not just bad weird games, you can post good ones as long as they’re something barely anyone remembers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I thought of a good one that I had lmao.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
this thread got me going down the wikipedia rabbit hole for the 64DD and I just learned that Nintendo's N64 online service (Randnet) cost $23.50 a month lol. And everyone blames microsoft for xbox live gold. Also , among the cancelled titles when the 64DD failed were Diablo, Dragon Quest VII, an N64 Fire Emblem game, and Seaman. Pretty wild

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played all or most of the games in the uh... Unsanctioned Sports genre I believe.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If you wanted to play Monster Hunter 4 at all you had to infect your 3DS with that Elephant Man disease

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

this thread got me going down the wikipedia rabbit hole for the 64DD and I just learned that Nintendo's N64 online service (Randnet) cost $23.50 a month lol. And everyone blames microsoft for xbox live gold. Also , among the cancelled titles when the 64DD failed were Diablo, Dragon Quest VII, an N64 Fire Emblem game, and Seaman. Pretty wild

The online service goes back to the NES right. their over the air zelda game with voice acting that was available for like 2 hours per month and you had to tune in to play it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait, the satellaview ran from 1995-2001. I thought it was earlier than that. Weird.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Weren't games also 90 dollars... It was just a crazy time back then...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The more things change...

The more they stay the same

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lmfao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVIwepliNeo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Holy poo poo lol that did happen

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I remember going to see this in high school and there were only like 4 other people in the theater.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The online service goes back to the NES right. their over the air zelda game with voice acting that was available for like 2 hours per month and you had to tune in to play it.
SNES, but yeah. This was also how the first Chrono Trigger sequel was distributed.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The thing that sticks out in my memory most about this (aside from almost totally killing Squaresoft and forcing the Enix merge) was how they tried to make the girl some kind of ‘virtual celebrity’ and have her do news interviews with anchors and playboy shoots and crap.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Reminded me of the other Final Fantasy disaster, this video perfectly encapsulates how terrible it was. See how far you can get before you die of boredom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7juiwNhbOM

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Demonius humbled me badly on his stream about this game last night because I said the Belmonts would never fight each other

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Demonius humbled me badly on his stream about this game last night because I said the Belmonts would never fight each other

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The thing that sticks out in my memory most about this (aside from almost totally killing Squaresoft and forcing the Enix merge) was how they tried to make the girl some kind of ‘virtual celebrity’ and have her do news interviews with anchors and playboy shoots and crap.

I remember Roz from Frasier was in it as some kind of super-soldier, but she just sounded like Roz, so I kept expecting Donald Sutherland to make jokes about how much of a slut she was or w/e

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kongming posted:

Reminded me of the other Final Fantasy disaster, this video perfectly encapsulates how terrible it was. See how far you can get before you die of boredom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7juiwNhbOM

the turnaround from absolute dumpster fire tier MMO to one of the best in years still blows me away

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ahahaha

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is what I was looking for yesterday.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And this game is epic.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This was the first Final Fantasy product I was ever exposed to.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009