Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
No Skate 4

boring rear end conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Ok so I forgot this was happening and tuned into the snore fest that was Anthem. Did I miss anything noteworthy or was it all just terrible?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I'm wearing a chain worth 140k while you pay me to play your videogame."

Late stage capitalism really is a hell of a thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No Skate 4

boring rear end conference

no shuvit no buyit

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
All they had to show from their big hype game was like 2 seconds at a time of unsatisfying shooting with huge numbers popping up everywhere and the enemies just stood there and did nothing. It was so hilariously bad. I guess it's just not far along enough yet, but the execs forced them to have something ready to show. The devs looked and sounded like they knew it was crap.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jimmydalad posted:

Ok so I forgot this was happening and tuned into the snore fest that was Anthem. Did I miss anything noteworthy or was it all just terrible?

Well it was noteworthy that they dug up and simultaneously raped, pissed AND poo poo on the corpse of Command and Conquer with a new mobile game.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Her thighs are tremendous and he is standing with legs 2x shoulder width apart

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they probably should have given the flying mech shooting game to respawn and the star wars game to bioware.

seems like a better fit all around

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

That was one of the worst conferences I've seen in a while.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

jimmydalad posted:

It was okay.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's pretty telling that the only interesting games they showed were just indie games they're publishing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pros: The return of nervous yarn man, boat game looks ok
Cons: Everything else, Anthem is Literally Just Destiny
gently caress you: C&C Mobile, DIDN'T ANNOUNCE SKATE 4

Overall grade: F--

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
But yeah, Anthem even has the same pseudo, future mysticism bullshit as Destiny, it's got no identity.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Feb is a lot earlier than I expected considering how rough that looked.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Genuinely looking forward to Sea of Solitude, but I play Warframe now that Destiny is dead. gently caress you for killing bioware EA.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Ometeotl posted:

Feb is a lot earlier than I expected considering how rough that looked.

That leaves a lot of room for paid dlcs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mordja posted:

But yeah, Anthem even has the same pseudo, future mysticism bullshit as Destiny, it's got no identity.

It's THE most generic game ever. It has NOTHING that you can look at and say "hey, that's an Anthem Thing".

EA conference was terrible, but hey, at least Sea of Solitude is trending on Twitter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

E3's always a good reminder that having a full time job and no time to play video games isn't a bad thing after all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Feb is a lot earlier than I expected

I'm fairly certain at least one of the Bioware developers has said the same thing in the last couple of days.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Genuinely looking forward to Sea of Sorrows, but I play Warframe now that Destiny is dead. gently caress you for killing bioware EA.

When was Anthem first announced? I need to know if it was before or after D2 came out and it became apparent to everyone that Destiny was doomed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dias posted:

It's THE most generic game ever. It has NOTHING that you can look at and say "hey, that's an Anthem Thing".

EA conference was terrible, but hey, at least Sea of Solitude is trending on Twitter.

BUT JETPACKS

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Blarghalt posted:

When was Anthem first announced? I need to know if it was before or after D2 came out and it became apparent to everyone that Destiny was doomed.
Last year and it was before Destiny 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Thank EA

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The only vaguely interesting thing was when the suits dived into the water. Everything else was so boring and uninteresting. The combat feels lifeless and I’m just so unenthused about Anthem it’s silly.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Last year and it was before Destiny 2.

So now they're locked into carbon copying a game series that's already in a death spiral.

Good job, EA! :bravo:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dias posted:

Even the big enemy they showed off to tease things at the beginning of the conference was a generic stock Unity asset of a rock monster. Anthem has no style, no grace, and not even a funny face.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Well that was a waste of time. Thanks EA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Where was the genuine excitement?

That single dude in the crowd who screamed "OH MY GOD"?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Where was the genuine excitement?

That single dude in the crowd who screamed "OH MY GOD"?

Yeah and they seemed to clap for Unravel Two so I gave it to him.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
lol at Battlefront 2
lol at Anthem
lol at C&C husk raping

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1005530440122470401

Oh no.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ok if you want to know how bad this conference was they literally announced a BRAND NEW STAR WARS GAME, except they didn't even show an announce trailer (ala Bayonetta 3, or Metroid Prime 4) and had one of the devs IN THE AUDIENCE announce it.

EA 2018 was a complete and utter poo poo show.
Like not even at a :lol: "How cringey" level.

It was just terrible.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Blarghalt posted:

So now they're locked into carbon copying a game series that's already in a death spiral.

Good job, EA! :bravo:
And that's why you don't chase loving trends. You're a developer/publisher who looks around and sees what's hot, and you decide you're gonna copy that thing. By the time your game comes out that thing is dead AF (see Days Gone, nobody gives a making GBS threads gently caress about zombies anymore). There are probably a dozen games with battle royale poo poo in development right now and by the time they're released people will have already moved on to the next hot thing, whatever that is.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Also, they kept saying Anthem would come out in eight months.

No way. No loving way.

After showing the same looping clip and the same concept art like five times in a row, all they presented was some very boring footage with some of the worst editing and jump cuts I've seen in a while. They didn't even have a pre-made demo level ready, so they just stitched together whatever.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Is that a skin-tight, skin-colored suit?
Or is that portly Hispanic man trying to pull off Chewbacca without the hair?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

It was shown like a year or two ago, and seemed neat since they leaned into the Iron man suits. I'm sad the game lost what little potential identity it had but not surprised at all.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Fly with me posted:

Is that a skin-tight, skin-colored suit?
Or is that portly Hispanic man trying to pull off Chewbacca without the hair?

Yes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Interesting choice to save Skate for the Sony conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Ok if you want to know how bad this conference was they literally announced a BRAND NEW STAR WARS GAME, except they didn't even show an announce trailer (ala Bayonetta 3, or Metroid Prime 4) and had one of the devs IN THE AUDIENCE announce it.

EA 2018 was a complete and utter poo poo show.
Like not even at a :lol: "How cringey" level.

It was just terrible.

And the redhead said you're a hardcore nerd if you want to know if it's original trilogy and therefore maybe worthwhile or prequel or mistake trilogy so you can safely avoid.

• Locked thread