Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Going to the gym will help you be happier, much like setting up your own business will help you get rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I don't understand how there are people that exist without their brains constantly trying to kill them. People are just happy? Wild.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i dont trust super happy people

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dixville posted:

I know people that say "just exercise!" (Or eat healthy, or whatever lifestyle change) mean well, and in the times in my life that I have had a regular exercise routine it really did help me... It's good for adjunct treatment along with other things, and it's probably great for more mild depression, but if you're really struggling then those things that you know you ~should~ be doing to do to make you feel better can just be too overwhelming. And then you feel worse about yourself because you know what you need to do so why don't you just do it already??? When the answer is that it's usually because all your energy is already depleted from making it through all the other poo poo you have to do because everything is like swimming through molasses.
I'm not saying it's bad advice I'm just saying it ain't that simple.

No one is saying it's easy but it is pretty simple. Excerise, don't eat as much lovely food, get more sleep, drink more water, read a book. None of that is some serious life altering poo poo and it will make you a better person, stop making excuses.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Miss posted:

I don't understand how there are people that exist without their brains constantly trying to kill them. People are just happy? Wild.

It's weird, right? I had a discussion with a friend the other day about the idea of a mid-life crisis. I explained to her that it was something like a sudden feeling of "oh god what is the point of this hopeless existence" and thrashing around to try to find an answer. She was astonished that there are people who don't feel that way everyday like we do.

Edit:

Field Mousepad posted:

No one is saying it's easy but it is pretty simple. Excerise, don't eat as much lovely food, get more sleep, drink more water, read a book. None of that is some serious life altering poo poo and it will make you a better person, stop making excuses.

I feel like we may have reached the point where slap fights are inevitable.

Geocities Homepage King has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Jun 9, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

sneakyfrog posted:

If I get overly cheerful my husband asks what's wrong because apparently he can tell of I'm overcompensating.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

sneakyfrog posted:

If it makes you feel any better I'm not super happy, just constantly optimistic and ballsy. In my experience super happy people are usually hiding something, like violent tendencies or bodies in their backyard.

No idea how I didn't turn out completely turbofucked after my childhood. Like, my childhood wrecked my mom. I got hella lucky.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Dixville posted:

I know people that say "just exercise!" (Or eat healthy, or whatever lifestyle change) mean well, and in the times in my life that I have had a regular exercise routine it really did help me... It's good for adjunct treatment along with other things, and it's probably great for more mild depression, but if you're really struggling then those things that you know you ~should~ be doing to do to make you feel better can just be too overwhelming. And then you feel worse about yourself because you know what you need to do so why don't you just do it already??? When the answer is that it's usually because all your energy is already depleted from making it through all the other poo poo you have to do because everything is like swimming through molasses.
I'm not saying it's bad advice I'm just saying it ain't that simple.

It's a plaster (band aid) for real depression. It obviously helps but it's just a short term boost.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I'd concur. It's probably best to move on, now; I think most everybody has had the opportunity to say the things that they'd like to say.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

FWIW a friend posted it on FB already anonymized, because you know there's no way I would intentional protect that person's privacy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Field Mousepad posted:

Maybe you're not aware of it, but this sort of attitude in this discussion can be kind of incendiary.

e: Subject dropped.

And yeah, that oil person. That's the bottom of the barrel of FB uh... What's that called? People who market weird home stuff on social media?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Edit: I'm sorry, didn't see the birdpost urging to move on.

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Jun 9, 2018

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Edit:

Eh I should have known telling goons basic life advice would backfire at some point. Back to the idiot stuff!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

cash crab posted:

And yeah, that oil person. That's the bottom of the barrel of FB uh... What's that called? People who market weird home stuff on social media?

"Scams" :downs:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Besesoth posted:

"Confront Nazism", yeah. No violence, just "stand up to Nazis".

Dude, chill with the violence.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

Maybe you're not aware of it, but this sort of attitude in this discussion can be kind of incendiary.

e: Subject dropped.

Odds are it's Scentsy or the like. They sell essential oils and variations on that theme with a combination of multilevel marketing, in-home product parties a la Avon or Amway, and moronic pseudoscience. On the other hand, I am told that their stuff actually does smell good.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Trig Discipline posted:

Odds are it's Scentsy or the like. They sell essential oils and variations on that theme with a combination of multilevel marketing, in-home product parties a la Avon or Amway, and moronic pseudoscience. On the other hand, I am told that their stuff actually does smell good.

Multi-level marketing, that's what I was thinking of.

And yeah, it's hard to make a lot of essential oils not smell good, but I can buy vanilla at Michael's without someone telling me it'll cure depression. What a trip.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I'd really like to be able to work out to feel better and also to get healthier but I run into the issue of just running out of energy by the time my day is through and also not having the motivation to get moving.

How about you start with this somewhere between your morning coffee and leaving for work?
Imagine how great you’ll feel doing it once, twice. One more time every day.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
gently caress the sun

big orange ball costs me a fortune on air conditioning that rear end in a top hat

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Why are you conditioning your rear end in a top hat?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
obviously because its hot.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well you can probate me or ban me for this if you want but that dude doesn't have PMs and I'm just going to reiterate what I already said. I guess I can at least put it in spoilers so people have to make the active decision to read it.

you feel worse about yourself because you know what you need to do so why don't you just do it already??

I know it's "simple" as I already said, I have made better choices in the past and got in decent shape before, I know how to do it. I've relapsed since then. Getting back into it is just something I seem to fail at over and over. Telling me I'm just making excuses really really super doesn't help when I'm already judging the poo poo out of myself for not doing it.

Actual IOSM

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Jun 9, 2018

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

There's this specific genre of people who comment on Facebook posts who are "registered nurses", and the way I find this out is because they're trying to defend pseudo scientific claims like "you can absorb sugar through your skin". I wish I had screencapped that particular exchange.

PS: No ban or probation from me, but I did make your images a little teenier.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Just more proof nurses are the most woo-woo people among us.

Found on Etsy. Oh yay you're a mom. Of a boy. Congrats you did exactly what your body is built for. Yay you.

#boymom

E: on topic of illness, one of our friends once told me my fiance could get rid of his cancer by becoming vegetarian and stopping chemo. The cancer is genetic and a ton of his other family members died from it-- chemo and rad saved his life. I never told my fiance, he really looks up to that guy :sigh:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jun 9, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
giving birth to a boy dinosaur is somewhat of an achievement though for a human

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You are a mom who is a boy.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Personally I'd love to have a dinosaur as a baby. My car has a couple tiny dinos in it, they're my comfort critters.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

sneakyfrog posted:

giving birth to a boy dinosaur is somewhat of an achievement though for a human

Life finds a way

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Dixville posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I've been going through some pretty tough times lately between living 2,000 miles from my family (my choice but one that I've slowly started to regret) having basically only one friend outside work who has been kind of an rear end lately and never has time for me, a horrible toxic work environment that has turned into a total dumpster fire, neighbors being noisy assholes, and pre existing anxiety/depression issues that are making it super hard for me to actually change any of the above... Sometimes my cat and my dog have given me that one thing to focus on to not want to end it all. The dog has horrible anxiety and aggression issues (no the irony is not lost on me and no it wasn't apparent how bad they were when I adopted him btw) and he would basically have to be euthanized if I was gone because no one else can touch him without sedation. Probably he would go with animal control and they would have to give him a sedative with a pole syringe then euthanize him. His last moments of consciousness would be a nightmare. I don't want that to happen to him so I refuse to give up on life. Maybe it is a lot of responsibility for a dog but frankly it's not like he knows that. And if he died tomorrow I wouldn't just kill myself immediately and there are other reasons for living and blah blah. But it's something that's kept me grounded sometimes when things are at their worst, and it's made me feel like my existence has a direct and clear purpose - to prevent him from dying under horrible circumstances. It ain't that much but it's something.

Plus he kisses away my tears when I cry about it so :3:

Also I'm getting help on finding a new job and stuff so if people are concerned for me, know that I'm working on it. Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time, as cliche as that is. Sometimes it's more like one minute at a time I think...

Aside from having 2 cats instead of cat and dog, how the gently caress are you me?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1005419369130872832

:allears:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm a cat dad where's my fuckin sticker?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm a cat dad where's my fuckin sticker?
I'm pretty sure you can find a bumper sticker for basically any plausible combination of nouns

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Scathach posted:

Personally I'd love to have a dinosaur as a baby. My car has a couple tiny dinos in it, they're my comfort critters.

I used to go to the Natural History Museum every summer and somehow I've still never seen the whole thing because I would go look at all the dinosaurs, then I'd go look at all the animal dioramas, then I'd be like "oh right I'm at the wrong museum" and I'd go over to the Met and look at all the Egypt stuff which was the reason I'd been like "oh hey I should go to the museum today" in the first place.

Every drat year.

I have no regrets because the dinosaurs are awesome.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Scathach posted:

I have a couple of stuffed turtles in mine. One on the dash, one in the rear window and one hanging from my rearview mirror. :3:

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I have a family, but a lot of times I think the only reason I'm still alive is because it would absolutely break my mom if I killed myself. I've seen too much poo poo and it haunts me too much. I can't remember the last time I was happy for more than a minute.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
happiness comes in microdoses, folks cant expect a life of bliss unless you have a substance abuse problem or are just born lucky as gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1005419369130872832

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

what the heck is tucsongate. mostly i'm just surprised at the implication that something happened in tucson.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Field Mousepad posted:

where's my fuckin sticker?
https://www.zazzle.com/i_pooped_today_classic_round_sticker-217926192049604119

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I used to go to the Natural History Museum every summer and somehow I've still never seen the whole thing because I would go look at all the dinosaurs, then I'd go look at all the animal dioramas, then I'd be like "oh right I'm at the wrong museum" and I'd go over to the Met and look at all the Egypt stuff which was the reason I'd been like "oh hey I should go to the museum today" in the first place.

Every drat year.

I have no regrets because the dinosaurs are awesome.

The Houston Museum of Natural Science has an insanely huge and awesome dinosaur exhibit. They have other great exhibits as well, but dinosaurs. Just thought I would shoot that your way.