Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Jack2142 posted:

Just lol at expecting France to support us.

Seriously. I’m proud to have voted for A though. Not only was it revealed that voting B would have been a complete waste of a vote, but we also got cores on all of Iberia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

So the results of the Congress are strong centralized states and the enforcement of nationalism in Christian Europe, meanwhile buffer states are drawn along ethnic lines elsewhere. That actually feels like a plausible outcome.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Pakled posted:

I didn't expect them to support our claims. The cores are 100% of the reason I supported option A.

Same.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Iberia and the west Mediterranean shore are the powder keg that'll kick off the 19th century's most exciting years. Likely to end in disaster for everyone, of course, but if we suffer least, it's all good.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Ha ha gently caress France forever.

We are going down, but we will not go down without dragging France and Morocco with us. :argh:

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Snipee posted:

Seriously. I’m proud to have voted for A though. Not only was it revealed that voting B would have been a complete waste of a vote, but we also got cores on all of Iberia.

Russia only voted A because we did. If we had voted B they probably would have too, that would have allowed us get Northern Iberia without a war and less infamy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

NewMars posted:

Wait, Hashim, is Al-Andalus the cultural union tag for Iberian cultures? It should be, I think.

If it is then Quatalun and Castille can get pan-nationalists.

No, like someone said, it doesn't really make sense for the Castilians to join with Al Andalus after struggling to form their own state for so long. There are a lot of Sunni Castilians, but the majority are still Christian, who would definitely want to live under a Christian ruler. There's also the Portuguese, who have a better history under Andalusi rule than the Castilians, but would probably want their own state if they could get it. I dunno, it just feels like there's too much bad blood for us to be the Iberian cultural union tag. Maybe I'll change my mind though, or at have it be possible for Qattalun, even if it's unlikely.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Yeah. Hashim, what is the plan for Mahdists and their collaborators, in-universe?

Also, just curious, who are the dynasties for Castille and Qattulun?

Most of the Mahdist leadership fled to Morocco after the fall of the Mahdiyyah, and those that didn't were executed. I'd say a lot of the high-level collaborators (emirs, sheiks, governors) were imprisoned at the very least, especially while we were still at war with the Berbers, whilst the lower-ranking ones were eventually pardoned.

As for dynasties, the Ibn Saqq dynasty that ruled Qattalun before the revolution was reinstated there. A yet-to-be-revealed Christian prince from one of the royal families of Europe was installed in León-Castille (as one of the 'secret' clauses between the great powers), though you could probably guess which.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 9, 2018

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
You idiots. B would have gotten us Northern Iberia without a shot fired and increased our standing with other nations against Morocco. Now we got basically nothing and will have to fight far harder to reunite

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Slaan posted:

You idiots. B would have gotten us Northern Iberia without a shot fired and increased our standing with other nations against Morocco. Now we got basically nothing and will have to fight far harder to reunite

Reunite? Ha, as long as Morocco and France fall to civil war as well I'm fine with our legacy dying in a ditch. :smug:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Slaan posted:

It still wouldn't have won and also it would leave us with no cores on a big chunk of the peninsula

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hashim posted:

A yet-to-be-revealed Christian prince from one of the royal families of Europe was installed in León-Castille (as one of the 'secret' clauses between the great powers), though you could probably guess which.

Those sausage eating motherfuckers. :argh:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

any chance of finding out what has been happening in the americas and asia while europe split itself half a dozen ways?

Pakled posted:

Hashim said we'd be getting a State of the World update after the Congress.

ah, thanks.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 9, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

QuoProQuid posted:

any chance of finding out what has been happening in the americas and asia while europe split itself half a dozen ways?

Hashim said we'd be getting a State of the World update after the Congress.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Pakled posted:

I didn't expect them to support our claims. The cores are 100% of the reason I supported option A.

We were gonna get them anyways!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Good, good. All Iberia shall be reunited under the Andalusi flag!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

ManifunkDestiny posted:

We were gonna get them anyways!

No we weren't. Hashim would add them in IF we conquered them at a later point, which means we would need to fabricate the initial claims to start the war, and then need to take the states as non-core conquests rather than reclaiming cores. That's more time, more infamy, more warscore, it's just worse in every imaginable way.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can't wait for Al Andalus' Anschluss.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

We should seek an immediate alliance with France now. Sure, they didn't vote for our claims, but relations should be high enough and they can help us against Moroccan aggression better than any other GP.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yes, an alliance with France makes all sorts of sense. It would have been nice if they'd fully backed our restoration, but they didn't try to screw us too hard and it's understandable why they didn't want us being full on Iberia.

We're in so much better shape politically than we used to be, we're down to only Morocco being an immediate threat to our health.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

ah, thanks.

Still not sure what I'll be doing with ROTW. I was initially going to leave most of it as it was at the end of eu4, but if people want to change things around a bit, I'll see what I can do.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

A pact between Ibriz and the Inca to split the new world between the two great revolutionary powers! Funneling money towards the Moroccan separatists while they push to touch tips around Panama :black101:

vv Also keep in mind that France is likely to get up to "friendly" with both these states sometime around the same time frame, which could complicate matters assuming we don't start as a GP able to counter influence.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 9, 2018

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
A lot of V2 is about waiting and eventually pouncing when the AI's busy in some other mess. Catalonia's decent enough holdings, but Castille-Leon will be in a perpetual struggle to even raise an army. It's lovely mountainous holdings (admittedly with some coal and iron we'll eventually want to recover) and thinly populated, even with a likely population boost. The second Morocco ends up in a war elsewhere with someone who can actually fight back, or even sends its army marching across the hellish Libyan Desert to go to war with Egypt, we can invade and annex it without Morocco having an easy way of challenging us. It's a waiting game, but it'll happen sooner rather than later. We could easily have Castille back in 15-20 years if we're a bit patient, and likely sooner. Catalonia is a similar story, except it's richer and could likely field an actual army if it wanted to.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

We should build up our naval bases and research Iron Steamers as soon as we hit 1860. If we can get Monitors first we can sink Morocco's fleet and cut them off while we sweep Iberia.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hashim posted:

Still not sure what I'll be doing with ROTW. I was initially going to leave most of it as it was at the end of eu4, but if people want to change things around a bit, I'll see what I can do.

I think we only really need to vote on what happened to Morocco's colonies? They're the only ones that were definitely affected by what happened in March of the Eagles. Maybe Frangleterre as well? The Celt's colonies were pretty much all already independent right?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
We are going to become facists now, I would bet money on it.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

rarx
Jun 8, 2018
Oh cores, then it was the right decision anyway. And to top it off 2-5-5 would still have been a loss. Both Hannover and Vakhtani going for C over B was unlucky.
France's 1 vote was too weak, especially without tiebreaking powers. It's hindsight, but Hannover's 2 votes were far more valuable, and even less of a threat to us in the long run.

Fascism for full revanchism seems to be the order of the day.
Let's burn down Marrakech again with our french allies! And then maybe Paris if there's time.

rarx fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 9, 2018

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
In spite of the French not supporting our rightful claims we should still ally with them if possible. The Pyrenees are the natural border for both our states and we have nothing to gain from fighting.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I mean, it'll depend on who the people blame in time of crisis. Some nebulous "other" or the majils they know who oppress them for their labor.

Rise workers! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Hashim posted:

I'd like it if you changed a couple of things here and there based on how things that March of the Eagles' affected stuff but not go much further.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
We must punish the berberic Moroccan swine! We will burn their cities and salt the earth! When we will be done with Morocco it will be a lifeless desert!

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

I’m mostly interested in the revolutionary states. For instance, it seems extremely likely that Revolutionary Japan would have sat on their hands during all of these years.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

So with the Congress over, I'm gonna start work on fixing up all the pops for the rest of the world, and start purging all the events and decisions that make no sense. So if anyone's got ideas for event chains, decisions or just some flavour stuff, throw them my way and I'll see what I can do. I've already got a couple things down so far:

- Event chain for France to eventually get English as an accepted culture, and form the Dual Monarchy.
- Modernisation event chain for Benin (who ended eu4 as the most advanced west African nation, and the only one with colonies).
- Early event for the Celtic Empire to become the United Kingdom of Ireland-Scotland.
- Siberian Tsardom, a breakaway from Scandinavia-Novgorod.
- Possible unions between some of Morocco's colonies, if they achieve independence.

Also, re: flags. I'm probably gonna end up using duplicates for a lot of countries, since vicky has an insane number of flags that I just can't do alone. So if anyone actually likes making flags, pick a nation and go nuts, and it'll almost certainly make it into the mod.

That said, the one nation that does actually need unique flags is Al Andalus. So if anyone's got decent designs for democratic/communist/fascist flags, toss those here too. I wouldn't even mind changing the monarchist one if there's a better option.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
We're probably gonna be needing that fascist one...

(Oh, for those who don't know, one of the things that makes fascists grow, I think actually the major reason they do, is cores for your nation that you don't own. If we don't get castille and catalonia back the bad times will start rolling even faster once fascism pops.)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Fascism? In Iberia? You must be joking!

Guessing India will probably be having a Mutiny at some point on account of the massive amount of lives lost for their colonial masters in the last war.

Also, really want to see what became of Japan. The fact it's an island nation with relatively weak neighbours means it probably survived, since the colonial powers were tied up with Tirruni and even if they got kicked off mainland Asia they could probably hold off any invasion of their mainland. Also, if the Red Turbans somehow survived. Maybe they started colonising.

We should have a custom government type called Goon Accelerationism in Vicky, I think. Just to save time.

Also, when is the Seventh Seal released and Flagchat unleashed upon the thread?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 10, 2018

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I do really want to know what Revolutionary Ibriz was up too.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I know this sounds bad, but the communist revolution stuff is played out on SA, going fascist revanchists minus the historical baggage could be interesting.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
We should probably get an event or decision to reunify Iberia if we manage to get the breakaway states into our SOI.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

NewMars posted:

We're probably gonna be needing that fascist one...

(Oh, for those who don't know, one of the things that makes fascists grow, I think actually the major reason they do, is cores for your nation that you don't own. If we don't get castille and catalonia back the bad times will start rolling even faster once fascism pops.)

Yeah, but your revaunchism % is dependent on how much territory that really is, and Andalus isn't quite in "Greece or Romania in vanilla V2" doomed to go fascist the moment it becomes available. That's more like if we were just Qadis proper but claimed the entire peninsula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, when is the Seventh Seal released and Flagchat unleashed upon the thread?

Basically, if anyone's willing to make flags, feel free to do so and it'll almost definitely make it into the mod. Unless we get a big influx of flags though, I'll probably have to end up using duplicates for a lot of countries, simply because there's a ton of flags in vicky and I'm awful at making them myself.

With that said though, the one nation that we definitely need unique flags for is Al Andalus. So if anyone's got decent designs for democratic/communist/fascist flags, toss those here too. I wouldn't even mind changing the monarchist one if there's a better option.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 10, 2018