Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

Why have I not yet seen any E3 memes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Thank you

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anthem looks like they stole the suit designs from Section 8 and shoved it all into a Monster Hunter/Destiny mashup.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreadwroth posted:

Anthem looks like they stole the suit designs from Section 8 and shoved it all into a Monster Hunter/Destiny mashup.

It's War Machine, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Rescue.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Pakled posted:

hahahahahaha I forgot about Days Gone oh my god that hasn't come out yet, we're gonna see more about it at this E3, that's gonna be rich

a generic as gently caress zombie game in 2019

Being shown at three or four E3's is a sure sign of greatness. See previous example No Man's Sky.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's War Machine, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Rescue.

Yeah totally, it might be good maybe? Im liking that you can just jetpack around at will, even in combat and the maps look big maybe?
Aside from the obvious lootbox infestation it will have Im a bit optimistic it will be somehow fun?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dreadwroth posted:

Yeah totally, it might be good maybe? Im liking that you can just jetpack around at will, even in combat and the maps look big maybe?

Nah it's totally on rails. Source: This thread

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreadwroth posted:

Aside from the obvious lootbox infestation it will have Im a bit optimistic it will be somehow fun?

It's less than a year out from release, not to mention the last e3 before release, and they're still running the same concept demo and pre-rendered footage for a long-term-service game. That means they haven't got poo poo to show and they're hoping nobody notices.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

katkillad2 posted:

Being shown at three or four E3's is a sure sign of greatness. See previous example No Man's Sky.

To be fair, it worked for Max Payne.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's less than a year out from release, not to mention the last e3 before release, and they're still running the same concept demo and pre-rendered footage for a long-term-service game. That means they haven't got poo poo to show and they're hoping nobody notices.

aka exactly the same poo poo they pulled with Andromeda.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IGN had a little segment towards the end of their session interviewing the Dead or Alive 6 lead. They took out the boob bounce and haven't finalized costume plans or DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fflSVwuUWxM

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 10, 2018

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'd like to see more virtua fighter games. like doa's fine or whatever but virtua figher's way cooler

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

IGN had a little segment towards the end of their session interviewing the Dead or Alive 6 lead. They took out the boob bounce and haven't finalized costume plans or DLC.

i feel like the venn diagram of "people who buy dead or alive games" and "people who will be upset by the removal of tit physics" is a perfect circle. just scrap the whole franchise

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
What's the plot of Anthem? I skipped the end of EA's press conference; and from what little I gathered isn't it that some kind of alien presence visits earth, gives access to extra-terrestrial tech; and then Humanity has contact with alien life? Isn't that the kinda plot of Destiny too?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

umalt posted:

What's the plot of Anthem? I skipped the end of EA's press conference; and from what little I gathered isn't it that some kind of alien presence visits earth, gives access to extra-terrestrial tech; and then Humanity has contact with alien life? Isn't that the kinda plot of Destiny too?
yes

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's literally the plot of Destiny and the enemy forces they've shown you fighting in it are carbon copies of two different forces from Destiny as well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that time at E3 2018 when EA had a discussion panel on the plot of Anthem and just talked about the plot of Destiny instead

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

That's literally the plot of Destiny and the enemy forces they've shown you fighting in it are carbon copies of two different forces from Destiny as well.

But-but-but, things can change because the Anthem of Creation can spontaneously remake anyting and everything When we desperately fire the writers and get new ones to try and un-gently caress the mess we made AT ANY TIME!!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
But Destiny has a giant space ball see, totally different!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Why have I not yet seen any E3 memes?

The only mEm3 you'll ever need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDpmKkycf0

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Engage. COME. I'm in my ready room.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Heavy Metal posted:

There may be a Vampyr themed corndog eating challenge to raise awareness of the game.

I hope Nintendo has some cool new games by the way, they're resting on their laurels like Orson Welles in 1974! (before his 80s comeback)
What the gently caress, I will not stand for this dissing on Welles. He was trying to do a ton of poo poo in the 70's. It's not his fault that the Shah of Iran was overthrown.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Raxivace posted:

What the gently caress, I will not stand for this dissing on Welles. He was trying to do a ton of poo poo in the 70's. It's not his fault that the Shah of Iran was overthrown.

Bit of a slip-up there, it's like I made a pizza box out of a Nintendo Labo, just a goof that could've been avoided if I had just done the research. I apologize.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Still my favorite E3 memory :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1005683145990025216

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally the Kingdom Hearts decaquintology draws to a close

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'll believe it when I actually see the game on a shelf.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sounds like they will follow the Destiny 1 model of putting all of the story on a website you can't even access in the game, and then in a couple of years getting around to putting some actual story content in the game itself if Bioware still exists by then.

I find it reaaaaally hard to believe that this game will launch in February.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
look man all it takes is flying and swimming and its good to go

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Swimming DLC to be Released March 2021

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A one year old beating KH for the first time will now be able to vote and play KH3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So long as the game has Donald Duck absolutely losing his poo poo in it, it cannot be a bad game.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
As long has the game has all of the protagonists wearing full Hot Topic wardrobes I'm in.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

goddammit EA all you had to do was announce a new Burnout :negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Doorknob Slobber posted:

All they actually have done is the basic gameplay working, by the looks of it. And clearly not at all derived from ME:Andromeda's gameplay code with different art assets laid over it. The only worldbuilding they've got finished is a bit of a jungle region. If they had anything close to done, they'd be going "look at us roaming this way or deciding to stop and not-at-all-scripted turn and jump into this cave instead". Leading with "here are brief snippets of this pre-recorded very linear mission" does not look good for an open-world game.

Say what you will about stuff like Microsoft showing off games with professional gamers playing a sick-hot round of the new new Battlefield/Halo/CoD, but it is still actual random gameplay on-display where the code build has to stand for itself.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Zas posted:

i'd like to see more virtua fighter games. like doa's fine or whatever but virtua figher's way cooler

DoA is the closest thing to VF that isn't VF. They even have the same button layout of punch/kick/block. As someone who has put a lot of time into both franchises, when they put a bunch of VF characters into DoA5, I could basically play those characters the same way I played them in VF minus the differences in 3d movement.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All they actually have done is the basic gameplay working, by the looks of it. And clearly not at all derived from ME:Andromeda's gameplay code with different art assets laid over it. The only worldbuilding they've got finished is a bit of a jungle region. If they had anything close to done, they'd be going "look at us roaming this way or deciding to stop and not-at-all-scripted turn and jump into this cave instead". Leading with "here are brief snippets of this pre-recorded very linear mission" does not look good for an open-world game.

Say what you will about stuff like Microsoft showing off games with professional gamers playing a sick-hot round of the new new Battlefield/Halo/CoD, but it is still actual random gameplay on-display where the code build has to stand for itself.

I'm not necessarily saying you should give Anthem a fair shake but this is a hell of a lot of assumptions.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/mistysknight/status/1005518717147602944

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

I hope Nintendo has some cool new games by the way, they're resting on their laurels like Orson Welles in 1974! (before his 80s comeback)

In just the previous calendar year, Nintendo launched an innovative new console to massive sales, and released new games in both the Mario and Zelda series, that both revolutionised their franchises, and both to huge critical and financial acclaim.

And you think they’re resting on their laurels?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_miCS3HO9w

• Locked thread