Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

What’d it say before it was deleted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

What’d it say before it was deleted?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jerusalem posted:

So long as the game has Donald Duck absolutely losing his poo poo in it, it cannot be a bad game.

I really want Donald in his power armor

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Orv posted:

I'm not necessarily saying you should give Anthem a fair shake but this is a hell of a lot of assumptions.

When developers have more ready, they show more. There'll be a beta at some point anyway.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The beta should be on now. That's the problem.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

imho people should be suspicious of Anthem since Mass Effect Andromeda also had no complete slice of the game that wasn't the same old cutscenes and highly curated gameplay footage until it went into that early access beta and everyone saw what a horrible mess it was.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Zas posted:

i'd like to see more virtua fighter games. like doa's fine or whatever but virtua figher's way cooler

Evil Canadian posted:

DoA is the closest thing to VF that isn't VF. They even have the same button layout of punch/kick/block. As someone who has put a lot of time into both franchises, when they put a bunch of VF characters into DoA5, I could basically play those characters the same way I played them in VF minus the differences in 3d movement.

I like DOA just fine but VF is exponentially better.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fulchrum posted:

The beta should be on now. That's the problem.

The last e3 before release is the "pens down, show you work" moment for most games, because they need to build hype for launch.

Seedge posted:

When developers have more ready, they show more. There'll be a beta at some point anyway.

The last year of a game at Anthem's scale should be closed/open beta and code-cleanup time, not coding the game and building art assets. Now is exactly when they should be showing more to build hype, not passing off concept art and saying "it'll be this".

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I think I might actually be less interested in Anthem now than I was a year ago, even though at the time it seemed I couldn't possibly care less about this game. Kind of impressive, really.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
DoA is extremely fun to just pick up and play. The counters are fun, the interactive stages are a joy, anyone can perform the simpler combos. Also, the loading between fights is almost instantaneous which is great. I can't think of a better casual FG series - only Soul Calibur comes close.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Bioware in general has also had a lot of personnel issues just in the past year. The project lead on Anthem died unexpectedly, Casey Hudson came back in as managing director after the last CEO quit, basically all of the Dragon Age 4 team were taken off that project to come in and finish this game. These are not the signs of a strong development cycle. It's all very bizarre how much is seemingly riding on Anthem's success now, a game that is totally outside of Bioware's normal wheelhouse and fanbase.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It sounds like that Anthem... is going to be a Requiem!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Anthem is going to be just as piecemeal and cobbled together as Destiny 2. Random bits of flat as hell "lore", loosely connected missions that don't bring anything to the story and a lot of running between questgivers that have little to say.

Hence the emphasize on it being harder when you play alone. Deterring people from doing that will make the game seem better because everything is at least bearable with friends.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I really have no reason to hate Anthem based on anything I've seen, it certainly looks very pretty and it can be fun to blow stuff up in co-op without too much thought. But idk, it just lacks that spark that really makes you stand up and take notice. When I saw Horizon Zero Dawn debut at E3 2015 I knew I had to get that game, it was like someone reached into my childhood and surgically extracted every single thing I thought was cool. Anthem has a similar combination of stuff I think is cool, but everything I've seen about the presentation has been very rote, very flat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I really have no reason to hate Anthem based on anything I've seen, it certainly looks very pretty and it can be fun to blow stuff up in co-op without too much thought. But idk, it just lacks that spark that really makes you stand up and take notice. When I saw Horizon Zero Dawn debut at E3 2015 I knew I had to get that game, it was like someone reached into my childhood and surgically extracted every single thing I thought was cool. Anthem has a similar combination of stuff I think is cool, but everything I've seen about the presentation has been very rote, very flat.

Yeah the might end up being ok but so far everything we've seen just looks boring

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sounds like they will follow the Destiny 1 model of putting all of the story on a website you can't even access in the game, and then in a couple of years getting around to putting some actual story content in the game itself if Bioware still exists by then.

I find it reaaaaally hard to believe that this game will launch in February.

The hosed up thing about Destiny being that, because all the story existed as individual pieces of text, it had a variety in form, tone and focus that made it incredibly evocative, and could keep you hooked for a while as you searched its levels to get more of it. So, paradoxically, D2 getting an actual story with cutscenes that people could follow made it a worse video game, because all of a sudden Bungie found themselves forced to tell a story through the stock characters they paid big time voice actors for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed to wake up nice and early for Microsoft's conference.

EA might have let me down, but the MS hype machine is surely going to bring the cringe I surely crave.

Whoever makes tomorrows thread please be sure to include WORLDWIDE PREMIERE TIMED EXCLUSIVE in the title

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Going to bed to wake up nice and early for Microsoft's conference.

EA might have let me down, but the MS hype machine is surely going to bring the cringe I surely crave.

Whoever makes tomorrows thread please be sure to include WORLDWIDE PREMIERE TIMED EXCLUSIVE in the title

If that Command & Conquer section isn't cringey enough for you I don't know what else could be.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Comrade Fakename posted:

In just the previous calendar year, Nintendo launched an innovative new console to massive sales, and released new games in both the Mario and Zelda series, that both revolutionised their franchises, and both to huge critical and financial acclaim.

And you think they’re resting on their laurels?!

They delivered the goods in 2017 no doubt, I would just like a killer excellent mega game or two from them in 2018 if possible. They've gotta line up their dev teams like Marvel movies or something. We demand content! Or even early 2019. I actually only own one Switch game, since I got Zelda on Wii-U.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 10, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t help but take a knee for this Anthem

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I look forward to insightful and courageous political commentary from the publisher that brought us Far Cry 5.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Anthem? More like Blandthem.

Seriously though, I can't fathom how anyone can be interested in Destiny but made by the guys who haven't developed a good game since the first Dragon Age.

I'm sure it will sell millions of copies.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kakis have a good video about anthem, he talk about his experience with a hands-on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWccW0seJTY

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Tei posted:

Kakis have a good video about anthem, he talk about his experience with a hands-on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWccW0seJTY

"Today was an absolutely massive day for Anthem" :lol:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Destiny is a borderlands ripoff and anthem is a destiny ripoff

I don't know what borderlands ripped off, but it's alien vaults and randomly generated loot all the way down

Anthem looked more like like a a Warframe Spinoff.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Rinkles posted:

They did get a one off license (also on DS).

Looked very average.

Ubisoft also made in Force Unleashed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
today's the day, folks

it is todd howard day

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

limaCAT posted:

Ubisoft also made in Force Unleashed.

Wasn't that internal to LucasArts?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

corn on the cop posted:

today's the day, folks

it is todd howard day

I will be watching the MS one before going to bed. I hope it will be as entertaining as I hope.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Shane/status/1002586639615418371?s=20

Another fantasy "leak"

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Do we know more about vanquish 2 or shadows die twice. That's p much all I care about.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I may be late to the party but I am excited for Madden on PC. Time to mod tits onto Tom Brady.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

What, no MediEvil Remake? That's what I want BluePoint working on.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No Demon's Souls HD, fake (we all hope)

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Why do all there leakers forget to include the 1,5 hour sports montage of latest Fifas and Maddens in their leaks?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Are we going to take guesses on how many of Microsoft’s “15 world exclusives” are going to be on PS4 as well? I’ll bid at least 10.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kingdom Hearts III Launch Trailer (Release Date: 29th January 2019)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Cultural Marxist posted:

Are we going to take guesses on how many of Microsoft’s “15 world exclusives” are going to be on PS4 as well? I’ll bid at least 10.

They’re World Exclusives because Microsoft schedules their presentation one day before Sony.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gyshall posted:

I may be late to the party but I am excited for Madden on PC. Time to mod tits onto Tom Brady.

Same. I will wait until it comes out to see how much of a console ported shitshow it is, but I always wanted to play Madden but never did since I mostly do PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cultural Marxist posted:

• Locked thread