Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Since the Porto president melted down, it's being rumored now that Rui Patricio will come to Wolves on a free instead of the pile of cash they originally offered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

trem_two posted:

Torreira is really quite good. He's a midget that is tough as nails, good in possession, good at free kicks.

Cazorla did leave a hole in that department.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jota posted:

I am happy with Liverpool's work so far this window.

Wait until you see Fekir leaning at Melwood before you say that.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Brony Car posted:

Wait until you see Fekir leaning at Melwood before you say that.

im sorry this issue with the medical is all my fault

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Jota posted:

im sorry this issue with the medical is all my fault

The Barry Hunter is in France and will sort it out.

I like this list I stole from twitter somewhere

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

paddyboat posted:

Lol at Moreno | Moreno for some reason

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

sticksy posted:

Lol at Moreno | Moreno for some reason

Big Brendan loved male gazing at Enrique’s lats

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Juventus bought a keeper, so much for Szczesny as number one.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44420009

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bea Nanner posted:

Good, his stupid penalty kick shimmy is incredibly annoying and he should never start for a big club

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

Bring him home!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's pretty funny that two cast off Arsenal keepers would both be huge upgrades at the club now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Apparently Shaqiri's release clause is only £12-13m.

That's worth a punt for pretty much any club in the Premier League. I'd rather have him at United for £13m as opposed to Arnautovic for £50m or whatever the stupid number is that's being bandied about.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Perin going to Juve is either a real serious push to have two keepers battle it out or a calculated move to deny Roma and Napoli good keepers. Reina left already and Allison will go for the right price which some idiot oil team will pay. It's a total Juve move, and it'll work.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

Apparently Shaqiri's release clause is only £12-13m.

That's worth a punt for pretty much any club in the Premier League. I'd rather have him at United for £13m as opposed to Arnautovic for £50m or whatever the stupid number is that's being bandied about.

You already have a stroppy midget ballhog.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

paddyboat posted:

But Sturridge is still at the club?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

julian assflange posted:

But Sturridge is still at the club?

Yeah it seems weird that they would include Origi but not Sturridge.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bit much to call Sturridge a football player these days. It was quite funny seeing pundits dismiss his loan move as a stupid move by Liverpool, and shortly after he gets injured and is out for the whole season

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I like that a player who isn't at the club yet (Fekir) is on there but one of the club's best players (Mane) isn't

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

an_mutt posted:

I like that a player who isn't at the club yet (Fekir) is on there but one of the club's best players (Mane) isn't

Foreshadowing

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1005419388168818688
:chloe:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I so hope that happens. I want to live in the universe where Peter Crouch and Jack Wilshire are playing in Serie A.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1005438140058873858

Yay another attacking midfielder for City. Well done Lester for keeping him so long and selling him so expensive

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If this Fekir deal falls through on medical I hope the splurge on Oblak.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Perin going to Juve is either a real serious push to have two keepers battle it out or a calculated move to deny Roma and Napoli good keepers. Reina left already and Allison will go for the right price which some idiot oil team will pay. It's a total Juve move, and it'll work.

One of Genoa's directors said today that they offered him to Napoli in the past few months, but they turned down the offer because Perin isn't good enough of a passer for Sarri's liking. So now Napoli are scrambling to find a starting keeper and will probably end up paying a lot more than what Juve paid for Perin.

I think a part of Perin's move is that Juve are probably looking for some Italian targets, the squad has kept getting less and less Italian over the past 3 years (which is pretty much a reflection of the state of the Italian player pool these days). Wouldn't shock me if Juve do end up exercising Pellegrini's release clause before the end of the month for that same reason, especially now that they missed out on Cristante.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Diva Cupcake posted:

If this Fekir deal falls through on medical I hope the splurge on Oblak.

It fell through.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

trem_two posted:

I think a part of Perin's move is that Juve are probably looking for some Italian targets, the squad has kept getting less and less Italian over the past 3 years

You can have that useless turd Pasquato back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't like this unless there is an option to buy

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1005555132774453249

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

i don't like this unless there is an option to buy

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1005555132774453249

This seems incredibly stupid on Manchester United's part so it will probably happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think he absolutely needs to go out on loan I just don't really want it being us when there is no chance of signing him at the end of it. Kenedy clearly isn't coming back since he did so well better clubs want him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Liverpoo.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/09/liverpool-nabil-fekir-transfer-lyon-off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're hoping he has a ridiculous world cup and can add €40m to his price and who can blame them

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I don't mind if his value skyrockets after the World Cup (not my money), I just hope hes not the next Renato Sanches

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

from what I heard, Liverpool tried to re-negotiate the agreement after Fekir passed the medical, and Aulas is plenty hard to negotiate with even when you don't pull that sort of thing.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

drat all those liverpoo fans who were fawning over a player they've never seen play will never see him play now

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We never wanted him anyway.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

it's not often rawk comes up with something that belongs outside the weekend web thread, but we should probably steal 'Knees up mother Fekir' for a thread title.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This Fekir stuff is weird. French side saying we tried to renegotiate following the medical (which there's nothing wrong with really), English side saying we definitely didn't and it was Lyon who've tried to pull out. The deal might not be dead but I don't think he'll play for us tbh.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Jose posted:

i think he absolutely needs to go out on loan I just don't really want it being us when there is no chance of signing him at the end of it. Kenedy clearly isn't coming back since he did so well better clubs want him

You have Mitrovic coming back now though who will be really cool and good next season, provided of course you don't sell him to Fulham.

Leeds have been linked to Vydra which would be really good but I dont see us spending £10m on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Xabi posted:

We never wanted him anyway.

he’s a league title?

• Locked thread