Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

funtax posted:

Some of the DCUC subscription stuff. And an unmasked Deathstroke, if memory serves.

You have Mirror Master or Jay Garrick Flash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I already own it! It's horrible!

Does it even have articulation? I could have sworn the arms don't even move in combined form.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Does it even have articulation? I could have sworn the arms don't even move in combined form.

I believe it has FOUR points of articulation. And it's a shame because the toon design is fantastic.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Louisgod posted:

I’ll have an extra Wolverine when I get my case if you’re interested.

Just because shipping kind of eats into the value of a $20 figure I figured I'd look and see if I could find all three from the same seller first, as I'm in no particular rush. I'm least excited for Wolverine since I already have the orange/brown costume. What'd I'd prefer is to recreate the costumes from the Pryde of the X-Men / X-Men Arcade era, but it seems like the Legends series is pushing me to recreate the 1991 non-Uncanny team instead. Except no Gambit, Beast or Jubilee right? Bah, why am I even buying these toys.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I believe it has FOUR points of articulation. And it's a shame because the toon design is fantastic.

RID had a lot of good designs ruined by poo poo toys with poo poo gimmicks.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

davebo posted:

Just because shipping kind of eats into the value of a $20 figure I figured I'd look and see if I could find all three from the same seller first, as I'm in no particular rush. I'm least excited for Wolverine since I already have the orange/brown costume. What'd I'd prefer is to recreate the costumes from the Pryde of the X-Men / X-Men Arcade era, but it seems like the Legends series is pushing me to recreate the 1991 non-Uncanny team instead. Except no Gambit, Beast or Jubilee right? Bah, why am I even buying these toys.

All good, somebody else claimed the figures I was selling outside Gladiator, who I think is the “dud” of the wave due to the re-release. Still have him if somebody’s interested.

Honestly I think Hasbro is slowly, slowly moving toward completing the older X-Men teams but are trying to stretch out the A-listers so that there’s still interest. I’d bet quite a bit Beast, Nightcrawler, Gambit and maybe even a new Jubilee are on the docket. Rumor is that they’re trying to get Professor X and his hoverchair in the Ultimate Riders line.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

davebo posted:

There's the Cyclops from the Dark Phoenix box set and the brown suit Wolverine from the Jugg wave, I have the Select Colossus which is a pretty good classic Colossus, even if I might prefer better articulation. Arguably the new Mohawk Storm but that's more Outback than the Arcade team.

The 1991 team is just incredibly popular, especially considering it's basically the cartoon team.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm not even the biggest Psylocke fan, but I'd be thrilled to get a Psylocke figure in her Outback-era costume: the pink and purple armor with the open-hair mask, cape, and hood. Always loved that look for her, but I'm sure every other fan prefers bathing suit ninja.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm not even the biggest Psylocke fan, but I'd be thrilled to get a Psylocke figure in her Outback-era costume: the pink and purple armor with the open-hair mask, cape, and hood. Always loved that look for her, but I'm sure every other fan prefers bathing suit ninja.

It's not even a different costume she's in, it's an entirely different body she's in.

And just found out Rob Liefeld created this character. Say what you will about his art, but drat can that man laugh at himself:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Same. Slightly pre-Outback era X-men was one of the first comics I ever bought and it really cemented the tone and style of the characters.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to take a chainsaw to them

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

POPs are good!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

POPs are good for starting fires!

Fixed your typo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be honest it's Funko that's slumming it there by pairing with Gears.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Should mention that that's a Gears/Pop videogame announcement.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, it was a odd moment. It came up during a live stream and everyone thought that was a new Gears of War. You hear a buzzing sound then funko pops appear. Discord and the thread were like WTF! It was a pretty crazy troll.

Then a couple minutes later they announced an actual new Gears of War.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Then a couple minutes later they announced an actual new Gears of War.

An even worse troll.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The only good thing to come out of gears of war was the replica rifle that was in some collector pack. I still have that. It's neat, even if the games are hot garbage.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Whoa whoa whoa. I’ll fully admit the franchise is a dumpster fire but just :laffo: if you never experienced the joy of playing that first game online with a bunch of friends. Gears 1 is a game that revels in how dumb and over the top it is.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Yeah I was never a huge Psylocke fan, but she was this character I just never really cared about UNTIL all of a sudden she had a sword, and since that version of her stayed around so much longer than her first body, I feel like that just became the "real" version I think of. Like you won't ever catch me buying a figurine of Rogue with short hair. That's just some bygone Rogue I don't need to see outside of rereading old issues.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

davebo posted:

Yeah I was never a huge Psylocke fan, but she was this character I just never really cared about UNTIL all of a sudden she had a sword, and since that version of her stayed around so much longer than her first body, I feel like that just became the "real" version I think of. Like you won't ever catch me buying a figurine of Rogue with short hair. That's just some bygone Rogue I don't need to see outside of rereading old issues.

You're right, bathing suit ninja Psylocke has been around so much longer and is so much more recognizable at this point, I can't blame anyone for thinking of that as the iconic version of the character. It IS. I just prefer the aesthetics of the armor, cape, and hood combo, with her purple hair spilling out.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

It's been done

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Got an awesome delivery combo today:

Third party OS Optimus Prime
Revoltech Venom
S.H. Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou Kamen Rider 1

I need a good camera to take pictures of these.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just saw the Venom wave of Marvel figures has Spider-Ham, who has an alternate pig based head for the BaF Venom for the set, that's neat.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That head isn’t for the BAF, it’s for the regular Venom in the wave.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Anora posted:

Just saw the Venom wave of Marvel figures has Spider-Ham, who has an alternate pig based head for the BaF Venom for the set, that's neat.

Keep scrolling down and look at his lower half. :(. I used to wish for a modern ML Howard the Duck....

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I was tired of how my old 3.75" Star Wars shelf looked, so I bought a couple packs of SpaceWalls and some black acrylic sheets and did a thing. I'm a poo poo photographer (and imgur badly compressed these), but this is leagues ahead of my old display.

I initially had all 60+ of my astromechs in the display, but it was immediately clear that that was just way too busy for one shelf. Keeping the black plexi dusted is already a huge pain, but ce la vie. I also wish I had sprung for one large sheet instead of the 12x12 panels that I had to cut down. Still need to get better lighting, and eventually I'd like to rig up some LEDs for the translucent light panels. The SpaceWalls themselves are great (if a bit expensive), though some of the provided clips were tough to attach and the current wall selection for 3.75" scale is pretty limited. I almost want to dig into their 6" Black Series stuff, but the prices are nuts.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That looks awesome. Are the acrylic sheets the flooring?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TheDK posted:

That looks awesome. Are the acrylic sheets the flooring?

Yeah. Some folks use glass and spray-paint one side black, but I figured the acrylic would be easier to work with.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I use acrylic for my shots. The only thing that sucks is it scratches really easy and attracts dust like a motherfucker.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I use acrylic for my shots. The only thing that sucks is it scratches really easy and attracts dust like a motherfucker.

Just like the real Death Star. I mean, what do you think those mouse bots were really doing?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Those space walls look fantastic. I kind of want some but I think they'd overshadow my old Kenner figures. I think it'd look more era-appropriate to just print a photo of those walls on some thick card stock.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I was tired of how my old 3.75" Star Wars shelf looked, so I bought a couple packs of SpaceWalls and some black acrylic sheets and did a thing. I'm a poo poo photographer (and imgur badly compressed these), but this is leagues ahead of my old display.

I initially had all 60+ of my astromechs in the display, but it was immediately clear that that was just way too busy for one shelf. Keeping the black plexi dusted is already a huge pain, but ce la vie. I also wish I had sprung for one large sheet instead of the 12x12 panels that I had to cut down. Still need to get better lighting, and eventually I'd like to rig up some LEDs for the translucent light panels. The SpaceWalls themselves are great (if a bit expensive), though some of the provided clips were tough to attach and the current wall selection for 3.75" scale is pretty limited. I almost want to dig into their 6" Black Series stuff, but the prices are nuts.

I collect Rebel pilots and astromechs. Are..... are you me from the future? :ohdear:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/juridget/status/1007999708583743489
https://twitter.com/oton_re/status/1007829737585065984

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

I collect Rebel pilots and astromechs. Are..... are you me from the future? :ohdear:

I’m you from an alternate timeline where you went whole hog on Star Wars instead of splitting your collection with Alien.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Question for all you customizers:

What's the best way to crack a Marvel Legends' chest? I wanna do some leg and arm kitbashing, the videos I've found all just say to boil the fig and then just carefully cut the sides and shoulders with an Xacto... and better way to do this so it won't leave the seam all beat up?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Question for all you customizers:

What's the best way to crack a Marvel Legends' chest? I wanna do some leg and arm kitbashing, the videos I've found all just say to boil the fig and then just carefully cut the sides and shoulders with an Xacto... and better way to do this so it won't leave the seam all beat up?

90% of the time you will end up leaving marks or damage the seam but i've never tried to cut the torso apart. I tend to use a little watch screwdriver as a lever in areas that i'll be sculpting over or areas you see less of. It really depends on how much glue the person putting it together used though. Some torso's are impossible to open up without drilling into the pegs holding the two sides together.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TouchToneDialing posted:

90% of the time you will end up leaving marks or damage the seam but i've never tried to cut the torso apart. I tend to use a little watch screwdriver as a lever in areas that i'll be sculpting over or areas you see less of. It really depends on how much glue the person putting it together used though. Some torso's are impossible to open up without drilling into the pegs holding the two sides together.

Hmmm, in that case, ever modded an Odinson/SDCC Odinson? I wanna swap the regular one's chest to the SDCC so he has a shirt on (aka just swap both arms and the entire leg unit over), and then use the Allfather Thor head with the helmet to basically make a kickass unarmored Thor with a badass Uru metal arm. A little trickier than most swaps because there won't be a jacket or anything covering the seams... is this a terrible idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I would usually try not to open a torso but when I did I'd just say gently caress it, drill a hole at the seam and plan on filling in the hole with putty later. Jam a screwdriver or something in the hole and pry it apart. Torsos aren't usually the same soft plastic as arms and legs are and boil and pop doesn't have the same effect.