Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Rage 2 and BF5 are on the making Larry.

BF5 and borderlands? Are you smoking reefer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4pm est today is when we can wipe away all those terrible memories

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

4pm est today is when we can wipe away all those terrible memories

looking forward to new sea of thieves content

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blinx 4k was just leaked for Xbox GameWorld Season Pass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol but Blinx 4K already came out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol but Blinx 4K already came out

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

YOOOOOOO... Voodoo Vince Remastered came out and none of you fuckers told me??

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Grabbed By The Ghoulies 2 :pray:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

who's ready for more memorable moments and epic gameplay demos today

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

glad they finally have a date settled on

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/imperatorofpuns/status/1005792825148141568?s=21

PC Gaming Conference HOOOIIIIPPPPEEE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Setting my alarm.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dialogue designers, cinematic designers and narrative *gameplay* designers

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1005519573611892736

https://twitter.com/AaronContreras/status/1005546769793540096

theyve got nothing to this game besides a name picked out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

now hiring for idea men because we've made 30 star wars games so far and have completely run out of ideas

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Darth Icky

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

dialogue designers, cinematic designers and narrative *gameplay* designers

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1005519573611892736

https://twitter.com/AaronContreras/status/1005546769793540096

theyve got nothing to this game besides a name picked out

here's my narrative idea https://genius.com/Kinect-star-wars-im-han-solo-lyrics

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hat Thoughts posted:

SNK had a lil presentation for the NeoGeo mini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdINRIwjmwI
they go thru em in the presentation but the full list of games is at 12:20, they describe the difference between the international line-up & the japan-only lineup as being "action game focused" as opposed to "fighting game focused" which seems to mostly mean that the Japanese version gets way more KoF and everyone else gets way more Metal Slug, also Twinkle Star Sprites seems 2 be exclusive to the japanese version which...bummer

how would 2 ppl even play this tiny rear end thing. gently caress you snk!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in case anyone isnt familiar

A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.

“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

mysterious loyall X posted:

how would 2 ppl even play this tiny rear end thing. gently caress you snk!

It also hooks up to a TV and has controllers including the CD ones

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.

“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

Darth Insanius really isn’t any worse than anything that’s actually been in Star Wars.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The conference room full of Star Wars fans shocked that George Lucas would suggest adding Darth Insanius to the canon along with Darth Sidious, Darth Tyrannus, and General Grievous.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The conference room full of Star Wars fans shocked that George Lucas would suggest adding Darth Insanius to the canon along with Darth Sidious, Darth Tyrannus, and General Grievous.

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

that doesnt mean they arent still very funny names, to me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Always lmfao. George Lucas is unironically ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao i love this story

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Just two hours until the conference that will almost definitely showcase Cyberpunk 2077.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

goferchan posted:

Always lmfao. George Lucas is unironically ftw

Hahaha yeah, that rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Remember when George Lucas wanted to build a studio on some of his land and his rich rear end in a top hat neighbors fought him tooth and nail on it, so after years of bitter struggle he gave up on the studio and spent $150 million+ dollars of his own money to turn the land into affordable housing projects instead, doing an extremely good deed while also ruthlessly revenging himself on his neighbors in one stroke? I love that man lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm so desperate for more E3 that I'm watching the drat Dorito Pope right now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I'm so desperate for more E3 that I'm watching the drat Dorito Pope right now.

Geoff is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JfohG5a8y8 xbox in less than an hour

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

George Lucas is a tragically misunderstood genius

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
ready to receive the pc gaming communion from hands of the pope himself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Geoff is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JfohG5a8y8 xbox in less than an hour

Tuned in. Some absolutely AWESOME looking Anthem gameplay happening right now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo it's Trending Gamer 2016 Boogie.

Kazooiegirl
Apr 20, 2014

you are my center when i spin away
I'll prolly deck my Pirate out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Madden '19's story mode has 4x as much football compared to last year's story mode. Now usually I'm all for more football, but this might be too much football. Only time will tell.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I left for 20 minutes to fold laundry and it doesn't seem like I missed much. I have to leave the house by 4:15 today. I'm going to miss all the good E3 stuff!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Madden 19 introduces more legendary Heroes, more epic Ults, and more badass Cosmetics then ever befor

• Locked thread