Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
How is shooting generally even a defense anyway? Shooting generally with a sniper rifle at crowds of people is not considered cool either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Flayer posted:

How is shooting generally even a defense anyway? Shooting generally with a sniper rifle at crowds of people is not considered cool either.

Exactly.
I feel we have been sidetracked here (as in the discussion in UKMT re 'sea-lioning') instead of focusing on the basic issue.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well but you see, she wasn't an angel.

I'm still amazed that the IDF spokesperson literally said "she wasn't an angel". What the hell, who is??? It's such a ridiculous statement even without the poetic exaggeration like, the standards for not getting shot are not "be perfectly innocent".

And really the fact that this was topped with "But anyway, we didn't really shoot all that much that day, and we certainly didn't aim any of it directly at her, so maybe we didn't shoot her at all and she got hit by some shrapnel, I mean, who knows right?". That's really some good hasbara right there, I'm sure many folks on the fence are gonna be swayed by that.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 7, 2018

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
It is, word for word, the same thing said in the US when the cops murder a black person

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Well but you see, she wasn't an angel.

I'm still amazed that the IDF spokesperson literally said "she wasn't an angel". What the hell, who is??? It's such a ridiculous statement even without the poetic exaggeration like, the standards for getting shot are not "be perfectly innocent".

And really the fact that this was topped with "But anyway, we didn't really shoot all that much that day, and we certainly didn't aim any of it directly at her, so maybe we didn't shoot her at all and she got hit by some shrapnel, I mean, who knows right?". That's really some good hasbara right there, I'm sure many folks on the fence are gonna be swayed by that.

Yeah I've had pro-IDF folk come up with crap as banal as 'Palestinians aren't all angels you know' (yes I do, some of my best friends etc... ) as if the fact that non-payment of a car repair bill and throwing your phone SIM away so the garage can't come after you, or whatever justifies the full might of white phosphorus, illegal bullets, shooting dead fishermen or farmers 100s of metres away from a notional 'border', shooting a bunch of lads watching a football game in a cafe, kids on beaches etc etc, tear gassing kids on their way to school, spraying whole streets with skunk spray (the stuff that smells like raw sewage not the 'hey man let's get high' stuff), ripping up olive groves, demolishing homes with 15 minutes notice, knock knock bomb on the roof and you have literally 55 seconds to get out of the house before it gets blown up yet knowing that if you leave the house there are IDF snipers waiting in the streets to get you... yeah. Not angels. Deserve all that.

:bang: :argh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kidkissinger posted:

I'm just going to assume they are intentionally mistranslating here, right?

It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.

They cut off her final words.

She is sarcastically saying "I act as a human shield that protects the wounded"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

Thank you :)

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
well, the did IDF turn her into an angel

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
https://forward.com/opinion/402571/why-israelis-wont-apologize-for-killing-of-gaza-nurse/

have i mentioned how much i hate the forward?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Because the current Hamas offensive is classic asymmetrical warfare, presented in the media as F-35 jets and Merkava tanks against slingshots and kites. The Israeli public knows better: not only are those rocks and kites lethal,

lol

how do you not immediately die of a sudden lack of self-respect after typing this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

legit nazi poo poo.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
If there was a god that author would get murdered with a kite.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-won-t-sue-killers-of-palestinian-teenager-for-compensation-1.6152034

The guy who poured gasoline down a teenager's throat and burnt him to death unsurprisingly looks like the jewish version of DemoniusX

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

double nine posted:

bullets are just an environmental hazard inside gaza. Fluke of nature kinda deal, nothing to be done about it

It's gonna turn out we've been wrong about Israel all this time, and it just so happens that the region is home to a rare natural phenomenon where portals randomly appear and produce bullets and other military projectiles.

edit: Imagine for a moment that you, an innocent and honorable IDF soldier, are standing watch with your rifle, when suddenly a bullet portal appears at its tip while in front of Palestinian civilians. Your life ruined*, in an instant, because of the whims of mother nature.

* for some very, very loose definition of "ruined"

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 7, 2018

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Odd - the Forward has changed the way they describe Lenny Ben-David's prior history. This one only describes him as "served as a senior diplomat in Washington" and "Director of Publications at a Jerusalem think tank", as well as mentioning his book. It's significantly trimmed down from how they described him in March:

quote:

Lenny Ben-David worked for AIPAC from 1972-1997. He moved to Israel and opened AIPAC’s Jerusalem office in 1982. After serving as Deputy Chief of Mission in Israel’s Washington Embassy, he worked as a consultant and as a foreign agent for the governments of Turkey and Georgia. Today, he is the Director of Publications at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs and author of American Interests in the Holy Land (Urim, 2017).

Almost as if they don't want to draw attention to the fact that they gave an opinion slot to a professional propagandist.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

quote:

In Israel, investigations take place. Criminal acts are prosecuted. Due process is carried out, sometimes not as quickly as we would like. There is no rush to judgment despite the insatiable demands of social media and cable news.

This part is especially :discourse: considering that Israel just dropped charges against an IDF soldier because they didn't want to release stats on how often they bring charges against IDF members, lmbo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

his timeline is a nightmare (and of course he has a marble statue as his av)

https://twitter.com/lennybendavid

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol I missed this earlier.

https://twitter.com/IsraelinUSA/status/1003670703026135042?s=20

Twitter is something else

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

steinrokkan posted:

I don’t think this has got enough attention. They cut off hose final words and have been sharing it through official accounts and hasbara monkeys as showing that she was a human shield for ‘terrorists’. That she was no angel. That she deserved to die or, at least, brought it on herself.

A Palestinian, even when clearly murdered, is less than human to the Israeli state. On an individual basis, how is the soldier who murdered her, the commander who ‘knows where every bullet goes’, the propaganda people who put out lies to defame her in death, the trolls who attack every thread memorialising her better than any random Nazi in the 1930s? Netanyahu’s Willing Executioners.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
https://twitter.com/Ali_Kourani/status/1004850086084579328

https://twitter.com/uwu70/status/1004648431607009280

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

steinrokkan posted:

Where can I find the original video?

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Where can I find the original video?

https://twitter.com/joedyke/status/1004681270654390272?s=21

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...r-a8389611.html

quote:

The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) has been widely criticised for releasing a video in which footage of killed Palestinian medic Razan al-Najjar has been edited in order to portray her as “not an angel”.

The 21-year-old was shot in the chest by an IDF sniper during protests on the Gaza-Israel border on 1 June as she attended wounded protesters.

On Thursday several Israeli government and army officials tweeted the video – named “Hamas’ use of human shields must stop” – which shows part of an interview Ms Najjar gave with Lebanese al Mayeen TV where she says she was acting as a “human shield”.

In the full clip, however, the young woman goes on to say she was present at the protests to “save the wounded at the front lines”. She does not mention Hamas, the militant group which controls the Gaza Strip.

Her death has become something of a rallying cry for Palestinians, who have named her “the Angel of Mercy”. In footage that has emerged since, she can be seen throwing a tear gas canister away from people lying on the ground.

“Razan al Najjar is not the angel of mercy that Hamas propaganda attempts to portray,” the IDF’s Arabic language spokesperson Avichay Edraee wrote on Twitter.

“Her admission that she is a ‘human shield’ for the inciting rioters proves how Hamas uses the entire Gaza population as ammunition for its aims and for Iran's aims.

“Do medical personnel around the world throw bombs and participate in disturbances and call themselves human shields?“

The video has been fiercely criticised by Palestinians and rights activists as an attempt to justify Ms Najjar’s death.

“The IDF always accuses Palestinians and Israeli human rights orgs of editing documentation of it human rights abuses. But it edited this video of Razan al Najjar to discredit her after murdering her. Absolutely despicable and hypocritical,” Israeli-American writer Mairav Zonszein said on Twitter.

The IDF did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

brings to mind rachel "saint pancake" corrie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

It is, word for word, the same thing said in the US when the cops murder a black person

gently caress that. Forgetting the extremely obvious examples of shooting a fat guy waddling away from you six times in the back, there is generally a shimmer of a chance the shooting victim could be a threat as they are generally very close to one another. I'm not defending bad police shootings, but shooting a guy you are trying to cuff who is scuffling with you is way different then hitting an obviously unarmed person from 200 yards away. While you are in cover. And not being fired upon. By anyone.

Edit - Ah gently caress, I should have read what you were responding to closer. You're right, sorry. "We shouldn't have shot him, but he was SHOPLIFTING before".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes, IDF soldiers shooting from behind their protected positions, using rounds that violate the Hague and Geneva conventions, that is a next level of evil, but I believe the "he was no angel" phrase originated from the Trayvon Martin case, did it not?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, IDF soldiers shooting from behind their protected positions, using rounds that violate the Hague and Geneva conventions, that is a next level of evil, but I believe the "he was no angel" phrase originated from the Trayvon Martin case, did it not?

"No angel" has existed as long as there were people unjustly killed and a media around to defend the killers. The term "No Angel" only really got made into a parody after Twitter existed so a bunch of people could easily dismantle what the meaning behind it was very publicly.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 9, 2018

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's hosed up dude. Real heartless.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/channels/avnery/1528467876

quote:

Are YOU Brainwashed?
09/06/18

IT'S FRIGHTENING. Unprincipled psychologists, in the service of a malignant regime, use sophisticated techniques in order to control the mind of a person from afar.

The term "brainwashing" was born in 1950. It is a Chinese word ("xinao", literally wash brain). Originally it served to describe a technique used – so it was claimed - by Chinese masterminds to manipulate the minds of American prisoners in the Korean War. They changed their unconscious mental processes and turned them into agents of sinister forces.

Many books and movies purported to show how this works. For example, the classic film "The Manchurian Candidate" shows how the communists take an American prisoner-of-war in the Korean war, an officer, manipulate his mind and give him an order to kill the US presidential candidate. The American officer does not know that he has been turned unconsciously into a communist agent. He does not remember the order given him under hypnosis and does not know that he acts accordingly.

THIS PLOT is ridiculous, like most of the pseudo-scientific descriptions. In practice, it is much easier to manipulate the minds of people, individuals and collectives.

For example, the Nazi "propaganda". It was invented by Adolf Hitler himself. In his book, "Mein Kampf", he describes how, as a soldier on the Western front in WWI, he witnessed the extremely successful British propaganda. The British dropped leaflets over the German trenches and shattered the soldiers’ confidence in their leadership.

When Hitler came to power in Germany, he entrusted one of his faithful henchmen, Joseph Goebbels, with the creation of a Ministry of Propaganda. Goebbels turned propaganda into an art form. Among other means he turned all the German media – newspapers and the radio – into government agencies. In German that was called "Gleichschaltung" – connecting all components to one electric line. Thanks to this, Nazi Germany continued fighting long after it was clear that it had lost WWII.

One of the means was the disconnection of the German public from any other source of information. The official propaganda was blared from every medium. Listening to a foreign broadcast was a major crime, punished severely.

Thus it happened that the Germans still believed in their final victory – the Endsieg - even after the Soviets in the East and the Anglo-Saxons in the West had already crossed the borders into Germany.

DOES IT take a dictatorial regime – Nazi or Communist – to turn the media into a brainwashing machine? Common sense says that this is impossible in a democracy. Common sense is wrong.

It will be remembered that Hitler attained power by democratic means. Even now, fanatical nationalists are winning democratic elections in many countries. All their leaders are busy destroying the courts, stuffing the parliaments with useful idiots and – especially – turning the media into brainwashing instruments. In our country, too.

How is this done? It's quite simple, really: one has to suppress all other voices. One has to make sure that the citizen hears only one voice. One that repeats a few messages over and over, endlessly. This way the lie becomes truth.

In such a situation, the ordinary citizen becomes convinced that the official line is really their own personal opinion. This is an unconscious process. When one tells a citizen that they are brainwashed, they are deeply insulted.

This has been happening in Israel over the last few years. The citizen is not conscious that it is happening. He or she absorbs diverse newspapers, TV programs and radio broadcasts, and sees that all these media are freely arguing with each other and even quarreling with each other. The citizen is not conscious of the fact that on the one critical subject of our life – war and peace – all the media are "connected" to one singular line of brainwashing.

DURING THE last few weeks we have been seeing a perfect example of this mechanism. The events on the Gaza Strip border have activated a mechanism of brainwashing that dictatorial regimes in the world can only envy.

Let's examine ourselves: what have we heard over the radio? What have we seen on TV? What did we read in the papers?

Within a few weeks more than a hundred human beings were shot dead, and many thousands were wounded by live fire. Why?

"We were forced to fire at them because they were storming the border fence". And indeed, did the Gazans themselves not proclaim their will to "return home" – meaning, to return to Israeli territory?

But on May 14, "Black Monday", 63 unarmed demonstrators were shot dead and over 1500 wounded by live fire. Every Israeli knows that this was necessary because the demonstrators stormed the fence and were about to swarm into Israel. Nobody paid attention to the simple fact that there was not a single photo showing such an occurrence. Not even one. In spite of the fact that on both sides of the fence there were hundreds of photographers, including Israeli army photographers, who filmed every single detail. Tens of thousands stormed, and not a single picture?

One should notice the use of the word "terror". It has turned into an adjective attached to everything. There are not just tunnels – they are all always "terror-tunnels". There are "terror-activists". There is "the Hamas terror-regime" and there are "terror-bases". Now there are "terror-kites".

Notice: not just "incendiary kites", or "destruction-kites", only "terror-kites". The same every day in all media. Someone has made the terminology decision. Of course, everyone who has the word "terror" attached to his name is "a son of death", as you say in biblical Hebrew. Another proud term of the brainwashing.

The inhabitants of the Gaza Strip are "terrorists". (In Hebrew, a special term has been invented: "Mekhablim"). All of them? Of course, no question. Especially Hamas members. But Hamas is a political party, which has won democratic elections in all of Palestine. A civilian party which has indeed a military wing. But in our media all party members and supporters are "terrorists", sons of death. Of course.

The use of these terms, hundreds of times every day, clearly constitute brainwashing, without the citizens noticing it. They are getting used to the fact that all Gazans are terrorists, mekhablim. This is a process of dehumanization, the creation of Untermenschen in the Nazi lexicon. Their killing is allowed, even desirable.

In such an atmosphere, even abominable sentences pass unnoticed. For example, this week I heard on one of the TV news programs this sentence from the mouth of a military correspondent, speaking about the coming Gaza demonstration: "Iran wants dead demonstrators, and it seems that they will get them." One has to read this sentence twice to realize what it says: that the Israeli sharpshooters serve Iranian interests.

Or a sentence that is repeated again and again, even by respected commentators: "Iran wants to destroy the State of Israel". I don't know what 80 million Iranians want, nor does the writer. But the sentence itself is ridiculous. Israel is a nuclear power. How does one annihilate a nuclear power (with submarines that can launch nuclear devices in the hour of need). Are the Iranians ready to turn their country – one of the cradles of human civilization – into a graveyard and a desert?

Or a forecast "Friday another violent demonstration will take place". "Violent"? "Another"? There is no argument about the fact that all the demonstrations along the Gaza fence were completely non-violent. The demonstrators did not shoot one single shot, when thousands of them were wounded by live fire, and more than a hundred killed. Yet the lie passes without comment.

Not a single one of the hundreds of TV news program presenters ever corrects such statements by correspondents. Because the directors, presenters, commentators and correspondents are themselves thoroughly brainwashed. The army spokesman knows the truth, of course, but he is a central cog in the brainwashing machine.

EVENTS REACHED a climax with the murder of the 21-year old female paramedic Razan Ashraf al-Najjar, when she was trying to save the life of a wounded demonstrator. The sharpshooter who shot her in the chest saw that she was a medic treating a wounded person. It was a clear war crime.

Was there a public outcry? Did the media demand an investigation? Did the media report this event in their page one headline? Did the Knesset observe a minute of silence? Nothing of the sort. A minor news item in some papers (by no means all). An excellent article by the admirable Amira Hass in Haaretz. And that's that.

A few days passed, and abroad there were outcries. The Argentine soccer team, with the admired Messi, canceled a friendly game against the Israeli team in Jerusalem.

The brainwashers realized that it was impossible not to react. So the army spokesman published a statement saying that an investigation had taken place. What did it discover? Ah, well. It was clearly established that nobody had shot Razan. She was hit by the ricochet of a bullet that had hit the ground far from her. That is such a blatant lie that even the army liar should be ashamed of producing it. It was accepted by the brainwashed public.

One of the hallmarks of brainwashing is a phenomenon that everyone can notice: the total absence of a second opinion. When a commentator voices the official line on an event, does anyone express an alternative version? Is there a debate between the official spokesman and a contrary commentator? In the democratic media, that would be commonplace. Here it is very, very rare.

WHAT CAN be done to counter such brainwashing?

Not much.

First of all: there is a vital need for a second voice. Brainwashing can be efficient only when the official voice enjoys a complete monopoly. That was one of the aims of Haolam Hazeh, the weekly which I edited for 40 years. It met every untrue government version with a contrary version. Although our voice was weak, compared to the powerful government machine (even in those days), the very fact that there are two voices, however unequal, prevents a total brainwashing. The citizen hears two versions and wonders "who is right?"

If all the peace and human rights groups in Israel set up a joint center for information, which will be heard, perhaps the monopoly of official propaganda can be broken. Perhaps.

There is in the country a tiny band of commentators who are not afraid to tell the truth, even when this is considered treason. Gideon Levy, Amira Hass and a few others. We must ensure that their voice is heard. They must be encouraged.

All the media must be pressured to present a variation of views on matters of war and peace, to let the "internal enemy" be heard, so that the citizen is able to form an opinion of their own.

The foreign media must be allowed free access to the sources of information, even when the foreign media are critical, "hostile" and "anti-Semitic". Friends of Israeli-Palestinian peace abroad must be encouraged to pressure the media in their homelands to publish the truth about what is happening here.

I don't like the word "must". But in this context, no other will do.

THE POWER of the truth against a brainwashing machine is always limited. But in the end, even if it takes time, truth will prevail. It needs courage.

The movie "The Manchurian Candidate" has a surprise ending: in the last minute, instead of killing the presidential candidate, the brainwashed man shoots the communist agent who was supposed to take his place.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That is extremely long winded.
As a person living in this bullshit I can safely say that people believe what they want to be true, no one wants to feel like the bad guy.
The government propaganda helps shape the narrative but people purposefully keep themselves hateful and ignorant, no one is a Manchurian candidate.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/chaimlevinson/status/1005462727966552065

"Segev Moshe is preparing this praline and pink candy dessert for Sebastian Kurz's official visit."

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

That is extremely long winded.
As a person living in this bullshit I can safely say that people believe what they want to be true, no one wants to feel like the bad guy.
The government propaganda helps shape the narrative but people purposefully keep themselves hateful and ignorant, no one is a Manchurian candidate.

Brain washing is something that can just happen if someone is in the right environment. It doesn't have to be something dramatic like a Manchurian candidate. It's anything that doesn't just shape your opinion but shapes how you come to your opinions. Changes the way you think.

If certain people in your society seem unable to ever deduce fact from fiction and constantly seem to view everything distorted then they absolutely are brainwashed. It's the same phenomenon happening to lots of young white males in America. The world seems like a lovely place and suddenly Hillary is a cannibal and there is a world wide conspiracy of women, who are actually dragons of chaos, to keep the white man down. It's brainwashing on a scale no one knows how to deal with. And no, I don't think the brainwashing is being done by anyone. It's just something that is happening because of the internet and current events. It's spontaneous.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/chaimlevinson/status/1005462727966552065

"Segev Moshe is preparing this praline and pink candy dessert for Sebastian Kurz's official visit."

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

For reference, Segev Moshe is Netanyahu's chef, he previously got people to talk about him when he fed Shinzo Abe some shoe-colates.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cat Mattress posted:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

For reference, Segev Moshe is Netanyahu's chef, he previously got people to talk about him when he fed Shinzo Abe some shoe-colates.

To be clear, this is a joke by Levinson.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

captainblastum posted:

That's hosed up dude. Real heartless.

hahahah i got loving reported and probated for that? jfc.

i was comparing them saying the nurse was "no angel" to all the right wing fucks (a particular favorite over at little green footballs) calling rachel corrie "saint pancake" after she got crushed trying to protect a home from an israeli bulldozer.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 10, 2018

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bibi is changing tack.

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1005784496430551044?s=20

Don't think many people are going to buy that the Israeli government gives a flying gently caress about the Iranian people.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Is it "an offer they can't refuse"?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Bibi is changing tack.

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1005784496430551044?s=20

Don't think many people are going to buy that the Israeli government gives a flying gently caress about the Iranian people.

Are they going to care if it's good information? He's not wrong about Israel's water technology, although one has to wonder about how Palestinians need to live on handful of hours of water a month while Israel takes up all the water aquifers.

Personally, I would be worried about malware on this website and the security forces blocking it regardless of whether there's malware.

Polygynous posted:

Is it "an offer they can't refuse"?

They can just not go to the website, so no? :shrug:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Nukes are totally scary and we need to keep countries from getting them, PS Israel is now trying to buddy up with Fuckin' Iran after they have access to nuclear material :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are they going to care if it's good information? He's not wrong about Israel's water technology, although one has to wonder about how Palestinians need to live on handful of hours of water a month while Israel takes up all the water aquifers.

Personally, I would be worried about malware on this website and the security forces blocking it regardless of whether there's malware.

They can just not go to the website, so no? :shrug:

That's going to depend on the meat and potatoes of the website. If it's just a geocities page that says "recycle ur water" I doubt anyone will pay much attention. Israel would obviously be wanting to present themselves as doing this more than they actually want to do it. But if it's actually a good resource then that's a different story. VPN's are ubiquitous in Iran so that's not an issue. I'd be more concerned about accurate translation to Farsi.

Neurolimal posted:

Nukes are totally scary and we need to keep countries from getting them, PS Israel is now trying to buddy up with Fuckin' Iran after they have access to nuclear material :v:

Trying to undermine the government amidst a bunch of protests against it isn't exactly what I would call buddying up.