Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Fightful is reporting that the reason Graves had a meltdown was because Punk threatened to cut contact with anyone who didn't walk out of WWE with him at the time. So uhh...yeah that's a thing. Graves is a giant baby still, but Punk isn't much better to be fair. What I'm saying is all wrestlers are giant babies.

Remember, Punk walked out because he didn't want to leave the Royal Rumble match because he had a concussion. :psyduck:

So did he tell AJ Lee the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Cavauro posted:

Ric Flair has died.
Again? Didn't he just do that and come back to life a few months ago?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

Again? Didn't he just do that and come back to life a few months ago?

It was the longest flair flop ever

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Punk's also:

Punched a fan
Called a fan a homophobic slur
Told someone to kill themselves

He's a bit of a wanker

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

So did he tell AJ Lee the same thing?

Yeah, Punk's wife was still working with WWE long after Punk left.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Onmi posted:

Yes, because it's always been apparent that Punk had a Primadonna nature about him and was quick to throw people out of his life over the slightest infraction. Dude needs to chill by like... several loving notches from every report, he's way too full of himself, harsh on himself and in general high strung. There's a reason there's no "CM Punk was a chill dude" stories.

So yes, I can easily blame punk, if I thought we were friends, about him cutting me from his life and acting like a dick.

Clarification: I'm happy Punks left the WWE, it was a bad place for him and he looked miserable. I'm happy that he's apparently in a far better place than he was. That said, if you can't understand why you could blame someone for not even giving people the "Okay you hosed up, friends off" before cutting them from their life then you probably don't have anyone you really consider a friend.

And ultimately, again, we don't know why Corey is saying what he's saying, or if this friendship was real or just in Corey's head.

Considering his history growing up. Cutting people out of his life and just moving on to find others is probably his first reaction to a lot of stuff.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah, Punk's wife was still working with WWE long after Punk left.

I, for one, can't believe Corey Graves is lying to cover up being a stupid baby about Punk leaving wrestling.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Corey Graves is somehow a bigger tool than CM Punk. I have to imagine with him @ing Trips and Vince this was either somewhat planned or he's grabbing the brass rings in a dangerous way.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I hate when people I like have the same failings that I have as a person, though to be fair when I suck up to my bosses its mostly just pretending to actually care about their kid's lives and whatever interests they have. Also I never throw people under the bus when it would actually hurt them.

Anyway I'm going to meet Sam Adonis at the next IWC show and ask him to tell his brother to stop being a jagoff on twitter. That and probably ask him about our high school and how they became friends with my family friends.

Helicity posted:

Corey Graves is somehow a bigger tool than CM Punk. I have to imagine with him @ing Trips and Vince this was either somewhat planned or he's grabbing the brass rings in a dangerous way.
Remember how made a post on Instagram that was a little critical of Saudi Arabia? I think Corey thinks he's way more protected/smarter than he actually is.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My hot take:

Everyone in wrestling is either a carny, a scumbag, suffering from arrested development, passive aggressive, or Rusev.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The amount of people who enter the business sunny, happy, and bright-eyed full of hope and wonders, and who leave the business that same way can definitely be counted on one hand with room to spare. And I'm almost positive wrestling fans despise all of them for being able to get out and thus not have to deal with us anymore

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if someone i considered a friend refused to acknowledge me or pretend i no longer existed because he was financially solvent enough to quit the business forever i'd be pretty salty too

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MotU posted:

if someone i considered a friend refused to acknowledge me or pretend i no longer existed because he was financially solvent enough to quit the business forever i'd be pretty salty too

Yeah but people who say "i'm punk rock" in 2018 are dumb.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fart blood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoo7Tgjr8U

This is extremely Corey Graves.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

fart blood posted:

So are people who say they're straight edge and make it a defining feature of their identity and then still do drugs like Pepsi.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MotU posted:

That and I think Corey is pretty salty that people think he was a CM Punk ripoff, I know he brought it up years ago on Sam Robert's podcast and talked about how he and Punk would just laugh it off and talk music/hockey.

Also you should never not suck up to your bosses to make your job more secured/get a raise, but there are more organic/less rear end in a top hat ways of doing it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Your Parents posted:

So are people who say they're straight edge and make it a defining feature of their identity and then still do drugs like Pepsi.

Did Punk kill your dog or something?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Corey graves is a mark

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

It's definitely not abnormal to disassociate from people who remind you of a bad experience. As I said in the WWE discussion thread, if it wasn't clear before, it was clear after the trial in his interview with Fightful that Punk considers the end of his time in the company a really bad experience that he really just wants to move on from.

They definitely should have heard it from Punk himself personally and privately, this could have been handled a lot better than it was. But a lot of the people who are still there, they'll probably always be there, and he'll probably never talk to again because doing so would inevitably (intentionally or accidentally, doesn't matter) remind him of this period of time he himself said he just wants to forget and not be reminded of

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Your Parents posted:

A+

you should definitely post this on twitter

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It sounds like Corey thought punk was a better friend with him than punk actually was.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Graves explained his comments on fightful. The gist of it is:

quote:

"I’m simply hurt/pissed off that a guy that I looked like as a big brother-type has turned his back on me and everyone that loved and supported him only because of the name on my paycheck. I’m definitely not the only one. I won’t name names, but there is a large group of us to this day that inexplicably lost a solid friend because of where we work."

He also said that it was Punk's comment about the wrestling industry that kind of pissed him off this week.

Graves said he text Punk the day before his first fight and wished him luck, but he replied to tell him he had no interest in friends with anyone from WWE.

Yeah of course Graves chose the worst way to express his thoughts, but Punk just seems like someone who thinks "keeping it real" means being a loving rear end in a top hat.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

that reads like a scientologist talking about their friend that escaped

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean at the end of the day punk has the right to choose who he stays in contact with after working in a toxic environment. He's not obligated to be friends with anyone and I suspect he was never as good of friends as graves thought they were. For graves to make it so public comes off as more petty in my opinion.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah of course Graves chose the worst way to express his thoughts, but Punk just seems like someone who thinks "keeping it real" means being a loving rear end in a top hat.

Outside of any other context, I know I’d probably question if the individuals still sucking up to someone who fired me on my wedding day and bankrolled a borderline-frivolous lawsuit against me were actually my friends, and would probably make the decision on my own to stop associating with them.

E: and to be clear, I don’t think this bars Punk from being an rear end in a top hat ever, it’s not like it’s some title that only one of them can claim.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 10, 2018

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
pretty sure punk was considered an rear end in a top hat before any of that happened hth

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MotU posted:

pretty sure punk was considered an rear end in a top hat before any of that happened hth

Cite your sources. I heard he once helped a little old woman cross the street, AND saved a cat stuck up in a tree.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Punk is an rear end in a top hat and a try hard edgelord who thinks So Cal pop punk is edgy in 2018.

Corey Graves is a company guy trying to be a “punk rocker” in 2018 when punk rock stopped being hip and cool like 20 years ago.

WWE is an awful company that has had numerous scandals, pedophilia, abuse, and deaths on their hands.

All are awful and I would never publicly endorse any of them but one is clearly worse than the other two.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MotU posted:

Who actually cares about that though? Everyone has known he's an rear end in a top hat for a while. Who cares.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Punk's an rear end but the way Graves chose to air his grievances is extremely bitchmade. That said, the idea Punk has that he can't be friends with WWE talent......I wonder how far it goes? Is he still mad at Cabana for visiting friends backstage? Is he mad at Corino for coaching at the Development Center? Him and Steve go back a long way.

Does he expect his wife to have the same attitude?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I can't articulate how funny it is for Corey to talk about punk while working for a cartoonishly evil mega-corporation

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
corey graves is very brave for opening himself up to ridicule then not deleting the stupid tweets

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

I can't articulate how funny it is for Corey to talk about punk while working for a cartoonishly evil mega-corporation

Wasn't Graves' whole gimmick ripping off Punk previously, as well?

Also, lol @ referring to Pepsi as a drug, jesus christ (I know you didn't say that but I can't be bothered to go back and find the post)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is he still mad at Cabana for visiting friends backstage?

No it was just a temporary thing because he thought it'd have negative effects on the lawsuit. Luckily the doctor was so incompetent during the trial that even if it did, it wouldn't have mattered

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Remember when cm punk yelled and spit into a womans face saying that she was a whore, in order to look bad rear end on grainy vhs

I'm named corey too and me and Corey are the new Coreys from the 80s.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Graves and Punk are both idiots with bad tattoos and they both act like bitchy babies and I hope they have a public slapfight that ends in both of them peeing their pants and crying

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Low Desert Punk posted:

Punk works for an evil mega-corporation too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

Graves and Punk are both idiots with bad tattoos and they both act like bitchy babies and I hope they have a public slapfight that ends in both of them peeing their pants and crying

That's a really specific fetish

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So we’re just walking past the self-own that Corey skipped out on his child’s birth to wrestle?