Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Indica is higher in CBDs and Sativa is higher in THC

That said they aren't really that useful anymore as distinguishing terms bc most things are crossbred like mad and basically you just want to pay attention to the lab test percents and find what you like

But lol if you can't tell the difference between some couch lock and something like green crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I got high and had a good idea, which also required being high to execute.

I brought my exercise bike into the living room last night and parked it right in front of the tv. Took a fat ol' rip off my bong. Connected my wireless controller. Played SteamWorld Dig 2 and "biked" for an hour.

I'll be doing that again for sure. gently caress that was a good time

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

That said they aren't really that useful anymore as distinguishing terms bc most things are crossbred like mad and basically you just want to pay attention to the lab test percents and find what you like

But lol if you can't tell the difference between some couch lock and something like green crack

there are some other cannabinoids as well, which all compete for receptors in different parts of the body, producing different effects. THCV is only present in small amounts but gets you hosed up and is largely responsible for the effects of really heady "sativas" (yes, the indica/sativa designation is mostly useless as far as predicting effects based on genetics/lineage but subjective indicaness and sativaness are good enough shorthands for two extremes of the weed continuum that most stoners can grasp). CBN is a breakdown product of THC and another promising cannabinoid. there are also murmurings that terpenes can alter the affects as well but it's probably all in your head, like how food tastes better if it's plated well and wine tastes better if it's expensive, imo

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 3, 2018

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat posted:

there are some other cannabinoids as well, which all compete for receptors in different parts of the body, producing different effects. THCV is only present in small amounts but gets you hosed up and is largely responsible for the effects of really heady "sativas" (yes, the indica/sativa designation is mostly useless as far as predicting effects based on genetics/lineage but subjective indicaness and sativaness are good enough shorthands for two extremes of the weed continuum that most stoners can grasp). CBN is a breakdown product of THC and another promising cannabinoid. there are also murmurings that terpenes can alter the affects as well but it's probably all in your head, like how food tastes better if it's plated well and wine tastes better if it's expensive, imo

I have a bunch of weed that sat in a dugout for month without a good seal and I'm pretty sure the THC broke down into CBN. I smoke that stuff and it can get you really hosed up, in a good way. Great for when I need to crash and my brain won't stop going.

So, it looks like I'm going to get my medical card soon. Had something happen with my dealer over the weekend that was that wake up call that I should try and get my poo poo legit. Looking forward to access to edibles, that poo poo is gonna be great.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I have a bunch of weed that sat in a dugout for month without a good seal and I'm pretty sure the THC broke down into CBN. I smoke that stuff and it can get you really hosed up, in a good way. Great for when I need to crash and my brain won't stop going.

So, it looks like I'm going to get my medical card soon. Had something happen with my dealer over the weekend that was that wake up call that I should try and get my poo poo legit. Looking forward to access to edibles, that poo poo is gonna be great.

vaped weed has a lot of CBN in it and if you make edibles or something from weed that's been vaped to a consistent dark brown you've got some god-tier sleeping medicine that's not terribly recreational. Throw a lil fresh bud into the batch and it'll bring it back around to heavy indica territory :drugnerd:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I totally agree that there is a lot of perception and whatnot involved as you say

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I smoked myself retarded back in the day and quit along with cigarettes. Now Mrs. Bonzo and I have been trying edibles since you can order them online (yeah :canada:) but I was thinking of trying to vape.

what's the best "stater option" and should I use oil or just get bud? I'm mainly just looking to chill but occasionally want to feel like I am becoming part of the couch.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I smoked myself retarded back in the day and quit along with cigarettes. Now Mrs. Bonzo and I have been trying edibles since you can order them online (yeah :canada:) but I was thinking of trying to vape.

what's the best "stater option" and should I use oil or just get bud? I'm mainly just looking to chill but occasionally want to feel like I am becoming part of the couch.

if you havent smoked since the olden days a tiny pinch of modern space weed is probably perfectly adequate to launch you and the wife into space without buying any special equipment. just get some bud and a pipe imo to test the waters unless you're sure you want to drop at least a couple :20bux: on special hardware for extracts

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 4, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bonzo posted:

You can get aworthwhile vape that does bud instead of just concentrates for about $100. My first vape was an APX something-or-other that cost about a hundo and now I only light up a joint if I'm sharing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can get aworthwhile vape that does bud instead of just concentrates for about $100. My first vape was an APX something-or-other that cost about a hundo and now I only light up a joint if I'm sharing.

There's a good thread for this in TCC but some favorites are (for weed, not extracts):

Dynavap: this is the price:performance champ ($60) and is powered by a butane torch lighter (a regular bic isn't hot enough). you heat the pipe w/ the torch and it lets you know it's ready to hit with a bimetallic click. This is much more foolproof than a vaporgenie type firevape and will give you big thick clouds w/ great flavor such as you probably won't ever see from any electric portable under $200
Arizer: Air, Solo, V-Tower and Extreme Q are all goon favorites that have been around a long time w/ good warranty and support, and all do a very good job at their pricepoints, but if you're looking at a plugin vape in tyool 2018 you should skip bags and whips imo and get a log vape like the e-nano on a bong e: argo is probably good too but it's new and I haven't heard much
E-Nano: One of these on a bong is the place to start if you want to be really impressed by a plug-in vape under $200 and you can get good deals on them used on reddit or something (check the tcc vape thread)

If you want something for extracts Yocan has a bunch of different ones at various sub-$100 pricepoints that goons seem to like. You can get a really nice dab pen just shy of $100 (I have a Linx Hypnos Zero that I like a lot) where the equivalent portable for actual weed will cost you $200+

Fair warning: Pocket-portable electric dry-herb vapes are all kind of poo poo, with poor battery life, mediocre output, and tiny bowls that'll totally ruin the stealth element when you have to repack them several times to get high. Most of the actual bud is inert matter that won't vaporize and doesn't transfer heat efficiently, and you waste all your battery power trying to quickly heat it all up every time you turn it on even though 70% of it or more is useless mass you'll throw away. These vapes are expensive and lackluster and universally outclassed in the portable role by cheap dab pens.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 4, 2018

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Welp, just ordered an E-Nano so I guess this is a hobby now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I got the Focusvape Tourist during a 4/20 sale that does dry herb and has a titanium nail for concentrates. I've been really enjoying it. It has a glass bubbler/water filter attachment that you can slide onto it that works surprisingly well. Can definitely recommend.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

poverty goat posted:

Fair warning: Pocket-portable electric dry-herb vapes are all kind of poo poo, with poor battery life, mediocre output, and tiny bowls that'll totally ruin the stealth element when you have to repack them several times to get high. Most of the actual bud is inert matter that won't vaporize and doesn't transfer heat efficiently, and you waste all your battery power trying to quickly heat it all up every time you turn it on even though 70% of it or more is useless mass you'll throw away. These vapes are expensive and lackluster and universally outclassed in the portable role by cheap dab pens.

this is probably true if you're trying to be high all day every day, but for anecdotal evidence I bought a portable vape for $120ish back in December and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I've never had to repack it to get high. in fact, I can get high at least twice and sometimes even three times after filling the chamber once.

so it depends on what you want to get out of it I guess

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lmao @ not just takin huge fuckin bong rips all fucken day long

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Moridin920 posted:

That's not true, the first high-cbd plants were bred from sativas.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Dmitri-9 posted:

That's not true, the first high-cbd plants were bred from sativas.

Do you recommend any articles on this? One of the first high cbd strains was Catatonic which was bred from Mk Ultra(indicia dominant) and G13 Haze(indicia dominant hybrid).

Indicas(edit spelling) and Ruderalis strains are absolutely higher in cbd than Sativas.

el B fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 5, 2018

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

crazy cloud posted:

lmao @ not just takin huge fuckin bong rips all fucken day long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsuoQXm2xVg&t=13s

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

what the fucccc

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
disgusting

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgz0jnpEMi4&t=76s

e: this is the best hashbean video though. this is how people did dabs just 10 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQnN5IYIso

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 5, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand how this "disposable vape" works :downs: it doesn't have an on button? It just somehow knows to heat up when you inhale? loving magical.

However, I have my doubts about it supposed disposability, so this will probably be both my first and last. Convenient though!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Tendai posted:

I don't understand how this "disposable vape" works :downs: it doesn't have an on button? It just somehow knows to heat up when you inhale? loving magical.

However, I have my doubts about it supposed disposability, so this will probably be both my first and last. Convenient though!

I've had an O.pen vape battery & concentrate cartridge attached with extra cartridges pass through TSA multiple times in my checked luggage.
They do not give a gently caress.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

They really really don't.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

I smoke weed everyday but my bowl is dirty and gross and makes me cough and wanna die. Would clean it but then i couldn't smoke

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

IDONTPOST posted:

I smoke weed everyday but my bowl is dirty and gross and makes me cough and wanna die. Would clean it but then i couldn't smoke

why not

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

IDONTPOST posted:

Roll a joint for the 10 minutes it's being cleaned

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Wow bad weed “trip” I guess? I had a brownie today and saw Bladerunner 2049 for the first time, and it was fascinating at that moment and shortly afterwards. I watched a bunch of philosophical YouTube videos that showed up on my feed, like about why the universe might exist and the rise of AI. I kept on thinking of survival of the fittest and how I am in existence at this current moment in time, but maybe how I’ll never have kids, and I won’t have any outstanding achievements that will have impact on other people, and if I do, do I really want to be a model for what persists in time, and how long will it echo on for that can be easily traced back to myself?

These kinds of thoughts kept racing through my head, like everything in existence has been a branch on a tree of survival over time. It just kept getting darker and darker and then all of the sudden I noticed it was 3am. 12 hours had passed and the last several were so quick. It’s one of the first times where weed felt like it was a good experience, then has completely turned sour. Checking up on Facebook revealed a bunch of posts about depression, and the increase of suicide. Strangely, I don’t feel that tired at all and it’s 4:30am. I always end up crawling into bed and sleeping easily after one of these, but not this time!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

i dont really want to be remembered or have an impact on this world really. i don't like people to poke their nose in my life now, i can't imagine i'd enjoy it when im dead

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I normally don’t think about it, but last night it felt like everything depended on it and I couldn’t escape. I finally managed to pass out somewhere around 5am. Weirdest weed reaction ever.. :wtf:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Wow bad weed “trip” I guess? I had a brownie today and saw Bladerunner 2049 for the first time, and it was fascinating at that moment and shortly afterwards. I watched a bunch of philosophical YouTube videos that showed up on my feed, like about why the universe might exist and the rise of AI. I kept on thinking of survival of the fittest and how I am in existence at this current moment in time, but maybe how I’ll never have kids, and I won’t have any outstanding achievements that will have impact on other people, and if I do, do I really want to be a model for what persists in time, and how long will it echo on for that can be easily traced back to myself?

These kinds of thoughts kept racing through my head, like everything in existence has been a branch on a tree of survival over time. It just kept getting darker and darker and then all of the sudden I noticed it was 3am. 12 hours had passed and the last several were so quick. It’s one of the first times where weed felt like it was a good experience, then has completely turned sour. Checking up on Facebook revealed a bunch of posts about depression, and the increase of suicide. Strangely, I don’t feel that tired at all and it’s 4:30am. I always end up crawling into bed and sleeping easily after one of these, but not this time!

get really high and watch this:

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/70281117

it'll help you on your hero journey

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

if you get high on weed all the time and this has never happened before, what makes you think the weed is the cause and not something else going on with you or in your life?

that movie made me feel kind of weird too, but thats also because i watched it in the middle of a 17 hour long flight

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
yeah that is a good weed trip. eat 2x as much edible next time. Don't be scared

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I just really need to be careful with what I do when that high I guess. It partially has to do with my life, but also other things that will trigger it. I can still feel a somewhat of a terrifying aftershock. What I can take back from it is trying to seek genuine happiness instead of focusing on only success.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sup weed thread.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just remember that you'll die one day and you won't be able to take your stuff with you. Then about 100 years later no one will remember you anyway.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Guess I vaped too much last night because I started reading the OSHA thread and ended up reading in depth about the radium girls. Its horrifying really so I triggered a panic attack.
Took my emergency xanax and proceeded to trip to sleep.
I make bad decisions.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
lol

:cheers:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

COMRADES posted:

Just remember that you'll die one day and you won't be able to take your stuff with you.

this is actually a myth. turns out, if your mausoleum/crypt compound is large and impressive enough, you do get to keep some of your stuff with you in your next life. provided your next life consists primarily of haunting said mausoleum/crypt compound in shade form

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Sometimes I smoke weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
:same:

It's good