Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I knew a kid who claimed he was wrongly identified as a suspect by a cop, so he kicked the cop in the shin and the cop let him go.

And by kid I mean 17 years old. He was the same guy who asked me for a hug one night then wouldn't let me go and that I should dump my boyfriend for him instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
There are definitely That Guys too. They don't have cancer but they're always strapped and have guns strategically placed in their houses in case that drug dealer they fooled comes after them, and they slay the ladies

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
E: timing and comedy go hand in hand.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

they slay the ladies

like, school shooting style?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

like, school shooting style?

It's the only way they'll ever penetrate a woman.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

:wow:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

La Brea Carpet posted:

Holey moley

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Yikes!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

La Brea Carpet posted:

i made exactly this joke in a different thread before, i'm counting this as a quote of me

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nothus posted:

And that's where we got the term "posting" from.

Kitfox88 posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "FALL OFF" at my pillar. show yourself, coward. i will never fall off

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

cock hero flux posted:

i made exactly this joke in a different thread before, i'm counting this as a quote of me

Lol I’d probate this for crying stolen valor

Caufman
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

I need to speak with the Starbucks supervisor because this was too dark.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ah poo poo that's a good rear end set of quotes

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Kitfox88 posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "FALL OFF" at my pillar. show yourself, coward. i will never fall off

dril as gently caress

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

I knew a kid who claimed he was wrongly identified as a suspect by a cop, so he kicked the cop in the shin and the cop let him go.

And by kid I mean 17 years old. He was the same guy who asked me for a hug one night then wouldn't let me go and that I should dump my boyfriend for him instead.

How is Mr. Picnic Princess?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I'm going to once again defend hr by saying that they deal with employees at their absolute worst all day every day, yet have to always have a sunny smile and happy tone of voice. They become bitter, broken people, like grizzled police detectives, only instead of doing shots in a dive bar they put up birthday decorations for the party planning committee

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hamilcar posted:

My long lost sibling, I have found you at last!

Samovar posted:

Ah, the long-awaited open-faced knuckle sandwich.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011
From the Pseudoscience thread:

WrenP-Complete posted:

What did you say you were? Gemini?

quote:

Gemini: Hands of the Twins

On the Vitruvian man diagram, Geminis are embodied by the arms, forearms, and hands. Astrologer Rebecca Gordon explains that for Geminis, “their goal is communication, to serve as a messenger of an illuminated mind.” Pain or tightness in the hands and fingers may occur more often for this star sign.

Here's mine

quote:

Libra: The Lower Back

Libras are incredibly giving and may put others’ well-being over their own. This “bending over backward” trait can manifest in lower back pains or what astrologer Rebecca Gordon calls “the body’s metaphor for not being able to stand up straight and focus on self-care.”
I have ankylosing spondylitis and literally am slowly losing sensation in my lower back. I especially don't have lower back pain.

Serious Cephalopod posted:

Oh man I'm a libra, too. I thought the lower back pain was because of my period and rockin' titties but I guess it's my inability to stand up for myself! Wow!

LunarShadow posted:

And I thought it was my scoliosis, kyphosis, and disk degeneration. Guess I should grow a back bone :D (god I wish I could replace my spine with one that didn't look like a silly straw)

Discendo Vox posted:

This convenience sample of n=3 has persuaded me that all Libras have spinal ailments. Another victory for Evidence Based Medicine!

Who wants to be my co-author

Munin posted:

I'm a cancer with back pain. Did my mother lie to me about my birthdate?

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Yes, sorry you found out like this. Also I'm your real dad.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

aphid_licker posted:

Sorry Numenor, if you liked it you should've put a ring on it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
On how angst died:

Cubone posted:

I think after Simple Plan's "Untitled" there was just nowhere else to go
we made fun of In the End, Crawling, and Beautiful, but there were still enough people that those songs spoke to unironically that we snarky shitheads were a vocal, Beavis & Buttheadesque minority

but Untitled? Untitled was undeniable. Untitled is what dumb, vague, narcissistic self-woe sounds like, distilled into a plaintive, wailing moan. even the band themselves seemed to realize this, seemingly wishing to avoid the embarrassment of actually releasing a song called "How Could This Happen to Me?"
there was no topping that. My Chemical Romance may have tried, but their angst came repackaged in sweepingly epic wankery in Welcome to the Black Parade, and allusive calls to purpose in the amazingly titled "Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)"

today's teens have never known a world where "Untitled" wasn't an internationally recognized punchline to narcissistic teen angst, so, self-conscious by necessity, they express the misery and isolation of adolescence in other ways, notably by saying "I want to die." seriously if you ever have call to be in proximity of gen z I think you will find they say they want to die a lot. they don't really mean it mean it, but they mean it like how we meant "gently caress this gay earth" or when the official wendy's twitter account tweets "im a sloppy fat garbage bitch" and gets ten thousand likes

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Whenever a friend of mine at school used to complain about anything everybody would just start crooning that song at them in unison. It is absolutely pure, freebase teenage angst. The accompanying music video is also loving hilarious.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I remember back in Myspace's heyday someone put their suicide note on their Myspace profile and had "untitled" set to autoplay.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

rodbeard posted:

I remember back in Myspace's heyday someone put their suicide note on their Myspace profile and had "untitled" set to autoplay.

I just had an enormous flashback, was that the one that got turned into a YTMND?

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i'm losing my poo poo remembering a simple plan, omg

i was fourteen

it was the kingdom hearts years

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sex Hobbit posted:

I just had an enormous flashback, was that the one that got turned into a YTMND?

Wasn't that the one with the slide show of all the slit wrists and then everyone starting using the song for like dropping a burger or goldfish dying and stuff? YTMND sure had some times.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

this broken hill posted:

i was fourteen

you were...just a kid

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
No pads no helmets just balls was their master work, anything after is irrelevant

Perfect was the true over the top angsty teen anthem :emo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUi54JTgL5s

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

china bot posted:

you were...just a kid

Aaand life is a night mare!!!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

china bot posted:

you were...just a kid

Funny Forums Quotes: you were...just a kid

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't that the one with the slide show of all the slit wrists and then everyone starting using the song for like dropping a burger or goldfish dying and stuff? YTMND sure had some times.

The one I remember was a myspace suicide note or other whiny rear end post with pictures of emo kids.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

bEatmstrJ posted:

Call it semantics if you want, but I'd like to clear something up.

Many of you are asking how the "mistake" was "fixed", or some variant. The short version is: there was no mistake to fix.

Now I will preface by saying that I was very naive in my understanding of joist physics and the potential dangers I imparted upon my home by cutting them. Although much of the feedback from this forum was not constructive in the least, I won't deny that without the concern of many of you, my project might have had a much less safe ending for me or my future home buyers. So for that, I thank you.

That being said, unless my rudimentary understanding of science is completely flawed, if you want to put something in the ground, you have to dig a hole. As far as I know, there's no way around that. If, in the process of digging that hole I happen to break a gas line, well, that's a mistake that needs to be fixed. But alas, no gas lines were broken.

My design called for a sunken bathtub and that's what I got. Whether it was me or the contractor, those joists were getting cut regardless, so really I just saved them some time (naively).

You can all rest assured that my design was executed appropriately by a licensed contractor, who worked with a structural engineer to develop a solution to fit my goal. The city inspector then came by and signed off on it.

The joists are still just as cut as they were a year ago.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Funny Forums Quotes: Sunk the tub....in the biblical sense.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

CannonFodder posted:

I learned to hover over links to see where it goes before clicking loooooong ago, when good old goatse could be behind any link.

Hello Goatse my old friend
You've graced my retinas again
Your greasy knuckles reveal everything
Your deepest insides and your wedding ring
And the words of the faithful shout as one chorus through the land
"What is that man
Doing to
His anus?"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Funny Forums Quotes: Sunk the tub....in the biblical sense.

ehehehe

this broken hill posted:

i was fourteen

so thankful I grew up before the 2000s and just painted my nails and threw up the devil horns at passers-by when I was a lovely teenager

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Holy poo poo :lol:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Yeah, so is that hot dog.

Edit:

Urban Dictionary killin' it with the banner ads.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Normally I wouldn't fuss about design elements that include two columns of four rounded pink rectangles each, superimposed on an isometric projection of a globe, but in this context....

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

in this context they forgot the ring :(

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

Your goal is to trick one of this idiots into marrying you.

My first ever direct report, a fresh from college 21 year old, showed up to the first day on the job in a customized BMW the BMW logo was pink instead of blue ontop of its many other features, and she promptly told me that she would need to take fridays off for the next few weeks as the Polo world cup was on and she had a horse participating in it that she wanted to cheer on. She left after about two weeks to a job in New York as some regional TV manager or something for Fox pulling north of 200k because her uncle was on the board. Lock that kind of a woman down and even in the divorce you'll never work again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

exquisite tea posted:

No joke one time I was walking with my girlfriend to the Flatbush Ave train station and we some some dude run over a rat on the sidewalk, flipping his bike over. After a second the rat just shook himself off and kept walking.

oddium posted:

did you exchange insurance info