Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

lol at thinking anyone itt cares about david mancuso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The gatefold for the new Sleep album is a mean loving trick to play on a stoner fanbase:

Give me that fruit cup! :argh:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 8, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Heads up! Schnitzel Records out of the UK just put up the pre-order for a new repressing of Ween's The Pod on silver vinyl, limited to 1,000 copies and advertised as "never going to be re-pressed in this format."

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

The gatefold for the new Sleep album is a mean loving trip to play on a stoner fanbase:

Give me that fruit cup! :argh:

I hope the butter says "Geezer Butter"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nope, just "Unsalted Butler".

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I like to think it's an homage to Tres Hombres

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want to live there.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Holy mole!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Thanks a lot, buddy, I am $40 closer to a June of abject poverty.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

esperantinc posted:

I like to think it's an homage to Tres Hombres

I think a while back someone recreated this and tried to eat it all

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

thrilla in vanilla posted:

If any of you are into Chromatics or the other johnny jewel projects, their label webstore has replenished their stocks.

https://italiansdoitbetter.com/vinyl/

That Camera EP is lp exclusive too.

I ordered windswept and cherry and international shipping was $36 :( I wanted to get themes for television too but that bumped the shipping up to $51. has USPS increased their prices recently?

pwn
May 27, 2004

strap on revenge posted:

I ordered windswept and cherry and international shipping was $36 :( I wanted to get themes for television too but that bumped the shipping up to $51. has USPS increased their prices recently?
What? I ordered Camera and a 7”, and shipping to the US was only $6.30. Did you get rush shipping on accident?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

pwn posted:

What? I ordered Camera and a 7”, and shipping to the US was only $6.30. Did you get rush shipping on accident?

international shipping. it's never been cheap but I would have expected more like $25 for 3 discs, not $35

pwn
May 27, 2004

strap on revenge posted:

international shipping. it's never been cheap but I would have expected more like $25 for 3 discs, not $35
Oh, drat. I thought this was shipping from Italy, ha. That’s brutal.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Well, to follow up on all this, I ordered Camera and it just showed up today. Having not ordered from Italians Do It better before, I'll just say i was very pleasantly surprised.

https://imgur.com/a/6pG3BLA

The Camera 12' was the only thing I ordered. Shout out johnny jewel, thanks for the free stuff. Also not pictured but the packing box had a great sticker of the art for Cherry attached to it. Hope the mail lady liked my awesome titty picture album delivery.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Grabbed Karate - Unsolved yesterday. I will complete my quest for all Karate eventually, though hopefully the rest are more affordable.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Picked up Gorillaz - Plastic Beach and Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here... yesterday. I only have the Gorillaz debut album to complete my collection of their LP's and I decided to grab Tribe since it came with a digital download and I had not listened to it yet. I forgot how good Plastic Beach is and was really impressed with how good Tribe's final album ended up.

I ordered a few albums that have been on my wantlist that should be arriving. I found a vendor selling a few sealed hip-hop albums I have been looking for and only charged $5 shipping for any quantity of records. Will definitely be listening to these tonight:

MF DOOM - Special Herbs Vol. 1 & 2
MF DOOM - Special Herbs Vol. 3 & 4
MF DOOM / Madlib - Madvillainy
Yesterday's New Quintet (Madlib) - Angles Without Edges
Madlib - Beat Konducta in Africa
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Asnorban posted:

Grabbed Karate - Unsolved yesterday. I will complete my quest for all Karate eventually, though hopefully the rest are more affordable.

Rules.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My VMP version of Mm.. Food arrived today. Looks and sounds amazing, as should be no surprise.

Also should be no surprise: Kookies is the new version. I was kind of hoping VMP might sneak the original on there but given Sesame Workshop literally just sued Jim Henson’s son for far less it’s probably better they didn’t risk it.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 11, 2018

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ballz posted:

My VMP version of Mm.. Food arrived today. Looks and sounds amazing, as should be no surprise.

Also should be no surprise: Kookies is the new version. I was kind of hoping VMP might sneak the original on there but given Sesame Workshop literally just sued Jim Henson’s son for far less it’s probably better they didn’t risk it.

drat, that's what I was hoping too :(

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Ballz posted:

Did you get any update about your copy being shipped? When I look on VMP, I only see that my order is "being processed" and I can't swap it, but nothing about it being shipped or when it might arrive. It would be super cool if Mmm..Food came today, would be like Christmas with all of the other records I have arriving today.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Ballz posted:

Can I also sue Brian Henson for the two minutes of my life I spent watching the trailer for his lovely Meet the Feebles knock off?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

MrSargent posted:

Did you get any update about your copy being shipped? When I look on VMP, I only see that my order is "being processed" and I can't swap it, but nothing about it being shipped or when it might arrive. It would be super cool if Mmm..Food came today, would be like Christmas with all of the other records I have arriving today.

It might! My order still says it’s being processed so I was not expecting it to come today.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Ballz posted:

It might! My order still says it’s being processed so I was not expecting it to come today.

It did not come unfortunately. Also, the only album that ended up coming today was MBDTF. I had read that the pressing was not very good but it is probably my favorite Kanye album and the only one I was missing. Can confirm the pressing is not great, but the artwork is really cool and I got a great deal.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
https://twitter.com/UncleKitchener/status/1006555905750597634?s=19

Got my Marilyn record framed, but I'm looking for a decent place to hang it. Here's what's on until then.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Uncle Kitchener posted:

https://twitter.com/UncleKitchener/status/1006555905750597634?s=19

Got my Marilyn record framed, but I'm looking for a decent place to hang it. Here's what's on until then.

Is your twitter feed just pictures of your record player?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

BigFactory posted:

Is your twitter feed just pictures of your record player?

I'm too proud of my average player, but I want to have a couple posts with my collection and put it on this thread.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
I opted back into VMP for that Snoop Dogg record and totally forgot to cancel and was notified that I was getting MF Doom. Not unhappy.

Still cancelled my sub though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Ok so I had read that the mastering on the MBDTF vinyl was bad...but it definitely didn't seem like it would be THIS bad. The records look like they have never been played. Not so much as a scuff or even slight warping on the discs. But holy poo poo does it skip all over the loving place. I'm using an AT-LP120 with an Ortofon Red stylus and don't have any issues with other records. Hell, even ones with big warps play pretty drat well so I don't think it's an issue with my setup. Is it possible I just got a particularly lovely pressing? Or is this just par for the course with this release?

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'

MrSargent posted:

Ok so I had read that the mastering on the MBDTF vinyl was bad...but it definitely didn't seem like it would be THIS bad. The records look like they have never been played. Not so much as a scuff or even slight warping on the discs. But holy poo poo does it skip all over the loving place. I'm using an AT-LP120 with an Ortofon Red stylus and don't have any issues with other records. Hell, even ones with big warps play pretty drat well so I don't think it's an issue with my setup. Is it possible I just got a particularly lovely pressing? Or is this just par for the course with this release?

I dunno about that pressing, but I have an AT-LP60 as a backup TT in my man-cave and I have problems with skips and locked grooves on brand new immaculate vinyl all the time. Same records play flawlessly on my Rega.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

TheJetCityFix posted:

I dunno about that pressing, but I have an AT-LP60 as a backup TT in my man-cave and I have problems with skips and locked grooves on brand new immaculate vinyl all the time. Same records play flawlessly on my Rega.

I haven't had this issue on any of my new vinyl, and I have purchased quite a few new hip-hop albums lately. It's disappointing that some of my favorite Kanye albums either never saw a vinyl release or had a bad pressing.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

MrSargent posted:

I think it's just that release, my copy plays like poo poo on my LP120USB, and like you, it plays other records I have that are scuffed or a little warped just fine.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

My copy of MBDTF plays fine, but I'm using a tracking force of 3g, and that Ortofon stylus is probably like 2g? Maybe it's just variance in pressings.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Thanks a lot for the responses. I feel a little better knowing I am not alone in having issues with this pressing. The recommended tracking force on the Ortofon Red is 1.8g, which is what I have it set at. The range only goes up to 2g, but maybe I could try setting it at that to see if there is any difference? I can't imagine .2g making enough of a difference to stop it from skipping. I have actually been looking at getting a new cartridge/stylus since I am getting into scratching on vinyl. When I bought the red, it was just to replace the stock one that came with the LP120, and I didn't really understand at the time that there are different models that are specifically designed for scratching, like the concorde design.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Uncle Kitchener posted:

I'm too proud of my average player, but I want to have a couple posts with my collection and put it on this thread.

Do people subscribe to you?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Today was a good day. Shipment arrived through a discogs vendor and it was really well-packaged. Have a few good ones to add to my hip-hop collection.

Starting from top left, clockwise:

Madlib - Beat Konducta in Africa
MF Doom - Special Herbs Vols 1 & 2
Yesterday's New Quintet (Madlib)- Angles Without Edges
MF Doom - Special Herbs Vols 3 & 4
MF Doom & Madlib - Madvillainy

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 13, 2018

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

MrSargent posted:

Thanks a lot for the responses. I feel a little better knowing I am not alone in having issues with this pressing. The recommended tracking force on the Ortofon Red is 1.8g, which is what I have it set at. The range only goes up to 2g, but maybe I could try setting it at that to see if there is any difference? I can't imagine .2g making enough of a difference to stop it from skipping. I have actually been looking at getting a new cartridge/stylus since I am getting into scratching on vinyl. When I bought the red, it was just to replace the stock one that came with the LP120, and I didn't really understand at the time that there are different models that are specifically designed for scratching, like the concorde design.

Could have saved yourself some money and not bought the red in the first place, the AT95e on the LP120 is just as good or better.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

idk anything about the mbdtf pressing info but considering how hot the digi/cd master sounds i wouldn't be surprised to find out they either didn't remaster it or did a lovely job because they knew it was going to sell regardless

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Koenjihyakkei (the lesser known but infinitely more fun band headed by Ruins' frontman/drummer, Tatsuya Yoshida) is releasing their first album in 13 years this month, and there's a Kickstarter to get a vinyl pressing going through Skingraft Records: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skingraftrecords/koenjihyakkei-dhorimviskha-double-lp-16-days-only

There's a week left and basically fully funded, so yay.

A song from the album that just got released for streaming: http://www.itdjents.com/it-djents-tv/exclusive-premiere-koenjihyakkei-djebelaki-zomn/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

Koenjihyakkei (the lesser known but infinitely more fun band headed by Ruins' frontman/drummer, Tatsuya Yoshida) is releasing their first album in 13 years this month, and there's a Kickstarter to get a vinyl pressing going through Skingraft Records: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skingraftrecords/koenjihyakkei-dhorimviskha-double-lp-16-days-only

There's a week left and basically fully funded, so yay.

A song from the album that just got released for streaming: http://www.itdjents.com/it-djents-tv/exclusive-premiere-koenjihyakkei-djebelaki-zomn/

very cool ty