Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zaburino posted:

From the Cyberpunk trailer: Hidden FAQ

okay, this is actually really cool and i want to play the game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aphrodite posted:

They didn't actually create him.

Have you read the books? The Witcher games gave Geralt so much more to work with than the books ever did

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Shneak posted:

The ~totally radical~ protagonist's narration. "This is the city of dreams. And I'm a BIG dreamer." That's some Sunset Overdrive poo poo.

On the other hand, everything else about it was cool as af, most people seem to think

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shneak posted:

The ~totally radical~ protagonist's narration. "This is the city of dreams. And I'm a BIG dreamer." That's some Sunset Overdrive poo poo.

I like cheese v:shobon:v

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

They most like do. And PC will most likely have him as well.

Ok, good E3 then.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

CJacobs posted:

Do you really seriously think the same people that created Geralt of Rivia would make their protagonist boring or are you really so shallow that you're just going by the skin color lol

Sorry to break it to you, but all white dudes are boring, including Geralt.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Caidin posted:

I like We Happy Few and am glad it'll be off early access this summer, am I the only one who was looking forward to that one?

I have no idea what it is and that trailer did nothing to tell me

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

zenintrude posted:

there were a bunch of MS codes at the beginning of the Cyberpunk trailer... anyone manage to snag one and see what it redeemed?

Don't know what it gave, but looks like they are all redeemed, they are valid though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Avalanche posted:

Not metal enough?

She just saw the Nintendo conference

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also BATTLETOADS

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sio posted:

this hurts my feelings

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VirtualStranger posted:

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation-classes/

"Kicinski wanted to avoid discussing Cyberpunk 2077 before its proper reveal later this year, but he did let a few details slip. According to Kicinski, Cyberpunk 2077 will allow players to choose between different classes and create their own character. This is quite the departure from the studio’s The Witcher games, as players have always played as the pre-made Geralt of Rivia instead of making their own character from scratch. It will be interesting to see how this change impacts Cyberpunk 2077‘s narrative structure compared to CD Projekt Red’s previous games.

We now have confirmation that Cyberpunk 2077 will have character creation and classes, but specific details on these features weren’t revealed by Kicinski. It sounds like fans will have to wait for a pre-E3 presentation for more information."
neat! It sounded like the trailer had protagonist narration so I guess I assumed it had a predefined main character. If it has a proper character creator I'm gonna be all over that poo poo, the rest of it is looking amazing

CJacobs posted:

Do you really seriously think the same people that created Geralt of Rivia would make their protagonist boring or are you really so shallow that you're just going by the skin color lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sio posted:

Fair, but also idiotic in this sense because it's a CaC game so you can make your black panssexuals or whatever. Which honestly is probably what I'm gonna do, not judging you there.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011

Shneak posted:

You're weird man.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's a cyberpunk game, I would be disappointed if it wasn't 80's as poo poo.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Oh heck Geralt is in Soul Caliber

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Accordion Man posted:

It's a cyberpunk game, I would be disappointed if it wasn't 80's as poo poo.

Cyberpunk is "what if the 80's went wrong", non-cheesy cyberpunk is just real life.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Sio posted:

:hai:

more cyberpunk should take inspiration from disco, imo

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

slev posted:

Thats fair, it's a survival FPS roguelike and no wait come back

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i thought the cyberpunk trailer was a little GTA-y in terms of tone but still gonna get it

woulda liked to see some gameplay though

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So Dying Light's sequel will try to have some reactivity, since you just held down X every time the plot tried to interfere with the gameplay in the original.

The protagonist looks like just another white dude, which is a shame.

It's nice to see Chris Avellone heading a game instead of being salty on an internet forum.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Caidin posted:

Apparently they retooled it to be more of a Not BS Game.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

VirtualStranger posted:

Pretty sure they've said that it'll have a customizable protag.

Then hopefully that wasn't the protagonist narrating because I doubt you'll have multiple voices to choose from unless you can also play as a woman.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Zaburino posted:

From the Cyberpunk trailer: Hidden FAQ

Release date: When its ready

Boy I love me some ambiguity I tells ya!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Caidin posted:

it's not anymore, they retooled it heavily to be more story-based

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Senjuro posted:

Then hopefully that wasn't the protagonist narrating because I doubt you'll have multiple voices to choose from unless you can also play as a woman.

Have you ever heard about a game called The Row of Saints.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I wonder how many actual real people skipped Witcher 3 because there wasnt a customisable protag

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

R2D2 bleep bloop voice should be an option.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

It's nice to see Chris Avellone heading a game instead of being salty on an internet forum.

link? that sounds funny

what did he get salty about?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

So Dying Light's sequel will try to have some reactivity, since you just held down X every time the plot tried to interfere with the gameplay in the original.

He's not heading anything, he's a wandering script doctor/name-on-marketing-material-licenser

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dias posted:

Apparently they retooled it to be more of a Not BS Game.

did they. i'll have to play with it some more.

Senjuro posted:

its probaly isnt. there are like 10 or so classes that apparently work alot like the origins from dragon age 1. I am sure the game will have plenty of choice character wise.

Yeah. With avellone on board and the fact that 1 was pretty fun. i am genuinely curious/hopefull.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

cpaf posted:

I wonder how many actual real people skipped Witcher 3 because there wasnt a customisable protag

I bought it on some Steam sale and I still have yet to make it all the way through, in part because I hate Geralt so god drat much.

I'm excited for Cyberpunk though I like that sort of setting a lot more regardless of the player character.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cpaf posted:

I didn't skip it (got it real cheap on sale tho') but I couldn't get into it at all. Does that count?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Be nice to gerald

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

slev posted:

The first trailer they showed portrayed it as a 60's mod bioshock but it turned out to be an early access open world survival crafting piece of poo poo.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fixed

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Fulchrum posted:

Name one that would push someone to get an Xbox if they don't have it already.

Ori would do it.
The first game is one of my favorite games of the last few years.

Forza Horizons looks like a blast to play.

Gears 5, while not my cup of tea, still looked good if you need shoot mans.

Cuphead is still an amazing game. DLC will only make it better.

PUBG is still only available on for console on Xbox. And as much as Fortnight has overtaken it, it's still popular.

Just because YOU don't give a poo poo for Xbox, doesn't mean there aren't people who see a $300 machine as a cost-effective way to play some great games, if a gaming PC isn't in the cards.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Text from the Cyberpunk 2077 hidden message:

quote:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise [sic] you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too .

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised [sic] life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then , but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I didn't skip it (got it real cheap on sale tho') but I couldn't get into it at all. Does that count?

You should play it because it is extremely good

• Locked thread