Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Arcturas posted:

My store has sacred sword Janna for 70% off. I like playing Janna, so this is tempting. But should I hold out for forecast Janna in a few years once that one rolls around on sale? Basically is sacred sword Janna better or worse than forecast Janna?

Forecast Janna has like, new voicelines and poo poo. I think Sacred Sword is only visual changes. Also it's just inherently not as fun. That's my onion anyway.

EDIT: LOOK AT HER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Forecast Janna is worth it just for the taunt, it's the best one in the game by a mile

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Forecast Janna is like, the best skin in the game s0o0o0o0o

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
THIS IS JANNA LIVE

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
She also makes your enemies' day if you die because 'Janna signing ooooooOOOOOOFFFFF!!' puts smiles on their faces so yeah, grab that one

it makes everybody happier

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ya know something I never see? Glacial augment. Well, I did see it yesterday on an AP support Shaco and by looking at his profile I found that that's the only thing the dude ever takes for runes.

Anywho, what champions do you like to use it with? Wasn't Glacial Vladimir a thing recently?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Got it. I'll wait for forecast Janna. Wait forever....

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pahuyuth posted:

Ya know something I never see? Glacial augment. Well, I did see it yesterday on an AP support Shaco and by looking at his profile I found that that's the only thing the dude ever takes for runes.

Anywho, what champions do you like to use it with? Wasn't Glacial Vladimir a thing recently?

Tahm and I think that's it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Glacial Augment Morgana was a thing early on.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Sion too

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

kingcobweb posted:

Tahm and I think that's it.

you can use it in a few chars like jax when you’re against teemo or similar garbsge

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Methanar posted:

I don't want to play league of legends but the thoughts are creeping again

I suggest stop reading this thread and posting in it.
Go and enjoy the Games that are good for you.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

Forecast Janna is like, the best skin in the game s0o0o0o0o

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

njsykora posted:

Glacial Augment Morgana was a thing early on.

you could take it in galio too but this was a while ago

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8p_brCVNOA

(he still looks really lame imo)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Nah, Rhaast owns so he owns by proxy. I wonder what his kit is gonna be

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
The number 2 frequent Quinn on Opgg tried glacial augment for several games the other day so I gave it a run against an Urgot since that's one of her worst lanes and I was doing pretty well with it until the total failure of my teammates snowballed up to my lane. I think glacial augment Quinn is probably very good especially if you jungle her.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

This is the real problem with Glacial Augment: Most of the time, any champion who could use it well prefers Comet

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nah, he looks sick. They did a good job of keeping his basic silhouette but making it more aesthetically interesting (the horn design, the beating sword-heart, etc.).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.12 is winding down on the PBE; you can get a preview at the usual place. This is the final midseason patch, featuring Janna, Lulu, Karma, and Orianna getting kicked in the can with shield duration nerfs, all of the Heal/Shield Power items getting percents carved out of them, and some new bruiser items. Please look forwards to every lane containing even more bruisers than they currently do.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Adc is currently full of Irelia yasuo Camille, etc. How do we fix that? By nerfing the supports that adcs like and buffing bruisers of course.

Lol

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Support is gonna' be Alistair, Leona, Thresh every day. And Pyke, unfortunately.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Irelia and soraka is cancer

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Remember when we called bruisers tanky dps

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm not really sure how Irelia's win rate isn't nuts, she just seems super broken.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I'm not really sure how Irelia's win rate isn't nuts, she just seems super broken.

She's not that bad, less bullshit than many points in her past. Being able to CC her is really nice

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

its curtains for Kevin posted:

No tenacity, a ton of bads are spamming her and weighing her winrate down heavily.

Same with Ezreal on the latter point.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vermain posted:

8.12 is winding down on the PBE; you can get a preview at the usual place.

The cursor scaling thing has bothered me ever since I got a 1440 monitor; I don't understand how anyone can play on a 4k monitor.

Or maybe I'm just old.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox is insanel cool.

titanic hydra change is exceptionally stupid. riot is stupid.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verviticus posted:

aatrox is insanel cool.

titanic hydra change is exceptionally stupid. riot is stupid.

Well, great news: it and all of the other bruiser items with the exception of the change to Sterak's are getting pushed back a patch or two since there's already enough wackiness in the meta as it is.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Any advice on how to match up with players of our calibre? We're 4 new players and 1 decent player (me), 30-40 somethings (so watching youtube videos is out) who just like dicking around and my friends wanted to try League Of Legends. We handle bot matches well, but then of course they wanted to try human players, where we got instantly and expectedly decimated

Three of the 4 of our team is literally out of the moba box, so like level 3-4ish. I figured if we play enough ranked games we should lose so often to finally meet the right level of enemies, but is there a way to play 5 newb friends vs 5 other newb friends?

edit: im summoner level 50ish, been playing on off for a couple years. One guy played years ago, is like level 10, and the rest are whatever we leveled to in a single night of matches (like 6 i htink)

would we fare better if me and the level 15 guy made new accounts when creating a party of 5? I think I read pre-mades get matched with very different player levels

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 12, 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Madcosby posted:

Any advice on how to match up with players of our calibre? We're 4 new players and 1 decent player (me), 30-40 somethings (so watching youtube videos is out) who just like dicking around and my friends wanted to try League Of Legends. We handle bot matches well, but then of course they wanted to try human players, where we got instantly and expectedly decimated

Three of the 4 of our team is literally out of the moba box, so like level 3-4ish. I figured if we play enough ranked games we should lose so often to finally meet the right level of enemies, but is there a way to play 5 newb friends vs 5 other newb friends?

edit: im summoner level 50ish, been playing on off for a couple years. One guy played years ago, is like level 10, and the rest are whatever we leveled to in a single night of matches (like 6 i htink)

would we fare better if me and the level 15 guy made new accounts when creating a party of 5? I think I read pre-mades get matched with very different player levels

Anything that pairs new players and anyone level 30+ is gonna be super janky, so yeah in this case I’d make a new account if you want “fair” games. But every game pre-30 is super low quality, especially due to smurfs, of which you’re apparently going to be one!!

I would tell them to suck it up and just get used to getting annihilated until they get better

I’m almost 30 and I can certainly find the minutes necessary to watch YouTube videos on the bus

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Tell your friends the best way to get better at the game is to fight people who are better than you.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Clash was, as expected, a clusterfuck. We played the first game after a massive wait, won, waited for another half hour and they cancelled it. Annoyingly, it counts as 1 win 1 loss and we got a 2nd place reward without playing for it. Why do they have so many issues with clash? (EUW)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i originally thought humans guided the match making process for clash (otherwise it wouldnt make much sense) but i wonder if its just some insanely intensive computation they run on the servers or something

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Verviticus posted:

i originally thought humans guided the match making process for clash (otherwise it wouldnt make much sense) but i wonder if its just some insanely intensive computation they run on the servers or something
Would not surprise me if they've tried to make a system 10x more advanced than what they're actually capable of doing

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYb2B7N1CKU

Oh my

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That's pretty lit

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Am I gonna end up playing Aatrox? poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Thank god we have a real botlane carry incoming