Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DMC5 Dante kinda looks like Ardyn. Also the box art images look like there will be a third character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2656TCbgg

I can't get over the DMC5 theme it owns

PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm confused. I have the latest Win 10 update...do I still need a special dongle to use a Xbox One controller on my PC? I has bluetooth cause that's how I use my keyboard/mouse

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2656TCbgg

I can't get over the DMC5 theme it owns

PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER

It takes me back to DMC3 so hard, I'm so psyched to be done with that DmC poo poo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Housh posted:

I'm confused. I have the latest Win 10 update...do I still need a special dongle to use a Xbox One controller on my PC? I has bluetooth cause that's how I use my keyboard/mouse

The newer ones work with bluetooth but the older ones don't.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey dudes, anyone know if there's a set of videos out there like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31imem-A9c but has all of the game's levels? Theatrhythm is a great little game, and my girlfriend and I want to adapt it for StepMania. We can just adapt the music, but StepMania can also rotate the direction the arrows go and it could easily be synced up to the video that's playing. Basically it's a super minimal but passable adaptation of Theathrythm into a DDR variation. I thought maybe someone had already hooked the game up to a computer and had the computer show you what a perfect game is like, but if such a video exists I can't find it. I also can't find very many without the YouTube guy's big stupid head taking up half the screen and him talking over the game. WHY ARE YOU TALKING OVER A RHYTHM G

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. This guy in this example is what I'm looking for, but unfortunately a lot of his videos are on "Expert" difficulty and I want all "Ultimate," and it to be done perfectly. I know that sounds like a lot to ask, but at the same time I'm just surprised this niche thing hasn't been filled... -- well, or maybe it has, which is why I'm here now, asking about it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Housh posted:

Depends on which of the...four? Different generations of controller you have.

The short way to know is that the part of the controller around the guide button needs to be a continued piece of plastic with the rest of the contoller face. If it's a separate glossy thing, it doesn't have Bluetooth and you definitely need the dongle.

Your controller has to be like the bottom one in that picture for it to have Bluetooth.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So I didn't pay that much attention but added one to all their franchises, announced that they bought some stuff, did a MP4 like reveal of Battletoads, and the majority of the interesting announcements were not for exclusives, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty much

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah it was an entertaining presentation though cause they just showed games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's really sad this is by far the best E3 I think they've had since before the Xbone, yet it still does not make any real case at all to buy an Xbone.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's really sad this is by far the best E3 I think they've had since before the Xbone, yet it still does not make any real case at all to buy an Xbone.

their pitch is that these games are best on xbox which ehh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

an actual dog posted:

their pitch is that these games are best on xbox which ehh

It did come across as slightly desperate the nineteenth time they said that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well yeah, they dont' have any interesting first party ips. I mean we they showed, halo,forza and gears which god knows how many times they had sequels.

Even the companies they bought were questionable.

edit: The one that made me laugh the hardest was WORLD PREMIERE EXCLUSIVE.

it's like.. goddamn MS, you hurting that bad?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I don't have a reason to get an Xbox, but I was genuinely surprised by the trailers they got. KH3, ToV, DMC5, and the new Jump game were games I would expect at someone else's thing.

Overall pretty good, just games and barely any number filler.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a PC which plays all those games so whelp no XBOX but man I can't wait to see what's coming to PS4

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

I have a PC which plays all those games so whelp no XBOX but man I can't wait to see what's coming to PS4

Did you even watch MS's conference, Amirite?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I can see why Sony was like well we really dont' have anything to show, so we focusing on these games.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Shindragon posted:

Well yeah, they dont' have any interesting first party ips. I mean we they showed, halo,forza and gears which god knows how many times they had sequels.

Even the companies they bought were questionable.

edit: The one that made me laugh the hardest was WORLD PREMIERE EXCLUSIVE.

it's like.. goddamn MS, you hurting that bad?

MS stopped understanding what people wanted somewhere around 2010 so now they just release the next iteration of their own tedious poo poo IPs and hype up games that will be released on other platforms.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

chumbler posted:

DMC5 Dante kinda looks like Ardyn. Also the box art images look like there will be a third character.

There will be. The official press release says three playable characters.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I never really get why the console makers put a lot of effort into being able to announce multiplatform games on their stage.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Gee that Forza demo. They still putting dummies on the stage to pretend play this day and age?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I never really get why the console makers put a lot of effort into being able to announce multiplatform games on their stage.

It hides hoe bad their offerings are and makes a statement about the health of their console or whatever bullshit. Its meaningless in the end but fun to watch

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm very on board for Cyberpunk as long as the gameplay is fun and not generic.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

There is no n-word more damaging to a gamer's psyche than "noob."

north american servers separate from japanese servers

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://i.imgur.com/LpQkpDt.mp4

slightly miffed cause I made this shitpost but they kinda did show something Scalebound-y

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm downloading DOOM and there's a "Data to Start Application" bar and the full download bar. Will it be actually playable at the first milestone or will it just be runnable?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anything interesting happened yet?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Samuringa posted:

slightly miffed cause I made this shitpost but they kinda did show something Scalebound-y

Not getting Kinect's name right is probably fair enough.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I'm downloading DOOM and there's a "Data to Start Application" bar and the full download bar. Will it be actually playable at the first milestone or will it just be runnable?

I think it let's you play the first level while it downloads the rest? Could be misremembering

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kanfy posted:

Not getting Kinect's name right is probably fair enough.

lmao I googled how to spell "Backwards Compatibility" but never expected to miss that one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is the first crackdown still good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

some games will just let you do a tutorial area or something or if you're very lucky the first level

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello important here: did they announce a new viva pinata for pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

is the first crackdown still good

Its similar gameplay as saints row 4 and infamous. Collect orbs to get stronger etc.

If youve played that sort of game already its not gonna do too much for you

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

hello important here: did they announce a new viva pinata for pc
No, you're getting Battletoads instead.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vesperia isn't really one of my favorite Tales games any more, but I'm glad to see the PS3 version that I once thought I'd never be able to play officially in English ported to all of the major consoles like this.

DMC5 looks neat.

Wow, two entire games from E3 that I want to play.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I’d like an Xbox one. They seem cool

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I hope Dante says the C word

Crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was epic how dmc guys shat on the reboot as not a real dmc game right after ms said they bought the reboot team

• Locked thread