Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
So there's an Anthem trailer out. It looks, uh, Destiny 'influenced' as far as world goes.

Facebook comments all seemed very negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Milky Moor posted:

So there's an Anthem trailer out. It looks, uh, Destiny 'influenced' as far as world goes.

I wonder if "Bioware" is working on a battle royale game yet. Maybe for DA4?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

orcane posted:

The only Battle Royale Bioware is going to be involved in is when EA locks them in their offices and promises the survivor a job after their post-Anthem shuttering.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Milky Moor posted:

I mean it seems weird to enter the loot shooter market a few years after that market was cool and there are really only two or three companies who do anything resembling a BioWare-type action RPG so I wager the folks on Facebook are pissed they're getting Destiny 2.5 instead of a proper Mass Effect game

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

orcane posted:

too contemporary

maybe DA5

haha bioware wont exist for that long

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
While I'm not going to give Hudson the benefit of doubt, I'm not entirely writing off a new project from BW. I believe this is closest thing to a game from the pre-Andromeda ME team since ME3. Not that BW isn't a very different studio and this a very different game, and not that BW hasn't given us a whole lot of reasons to be skeptical.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
imagine how hosed up it would be if Anthem's actually good

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
There is a kinda fun morbid fascination with watching this withered zombie studio shamble around.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wow missed some news, Bioware has a new logo

rather, uh, bland

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rinkles posted:

rather, uh, bland

A team of people graduated from a college of design to produce this.

I'm guessing that Anthem won't be worth a bag of Hot Fries ($2USD retail) but would be pleasantly surprised if their idea of a hit game from 2014 turns out to be a success!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Moola posted:

I don’t think I could handle it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Moola posted:

It will be actually good and have terrible sales leading to BioWare shutting anyway

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Rinkles posted:

rather, uh, bland

th geometric sans serif wit quirky offshoots perfectly encapsulates biowares new style culture of safe art & narrative direction with echoes of its gigglesquee past tbh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Moola posted:

The most it can attain is as good as Destiny, a game that sucks

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Meh, it's the characters and story that will determine whether I buy Anthem or not. I could have tolerated Andromeda if it at least had a good story to make it worth slogging through the godawful game design.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So the new trailer pretty much confirms that the stuff they had for the reveal was faked footage

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Ekusukariba posted:

So the new trailer pretty much confirms that the stuff they had for the reveal was faked footage

It's not like the game was finished a year ago and they're just sitting on it. Demos like that are always constructed specifically for that purpose to give an impression of what the finished game would look like.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ekusukariba posted:

what specifically makes you say this?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Rinkles posted:

what specifically makes you say this?

Just how toned down it is from the reveal footage, there even seems to be some framerate dropping when they start shooting, the reveal trailer has a giant storm of special effects happen without any issues to framerate

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ekusukariba posted:

Just how toned down it is from the reveal footage, there even seems to be some framerate dropping when they start shooting, the reveal trailer has a giant storm of special effects happen without any issues to framerate

I mean, if you're surprised by this in the year of our lord two-thousand-and-eighteen I just don't know what to tell you.
:pcgaming:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ekusukariba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOlAPsazHs

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

lol how do you not know about pre-rendered footage

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
No romances for Anthem confirmed so eh not even sure what the point is if you can't gently caress weird aliens. Also I associate the word Anthem most closely with Anthem Blue Cross so they've got a long road to engender any positive feelings from me about this game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Stab posted:

It's not like the game was finished a year ago and they're just sitting on it. Demos like that are always constructed specifically for that purpose to give an impression of what the finished game would look like.

e3 Demos for a Destiny-scale game shouldn't look like they're only just getting around to building the world during the final year of development. By now they should be at the beta-and-debug stage, or close to it. Certainly far enough along to show a hell of a lot more than edited-together 3-second snippets of basic gameplay in an environment that's unchanged since last-year's reveal.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol bioware is so hosed

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

lol bioware is so hosed

Starfield, Cyberpunk, and Assassin's Creed is eating their lunch

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

anthem legitimately looks worse than gears of war 5, a game made by some random no-name contractors microsoft hired

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SgtSteel91 posted:

Hell, BG&E2 has their poo poo together better than Anthem's dev team.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
someone please repost EA taking its children to a ditch and shooting them comic tia

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's utterly mindblowing to me how the next Assassin's Creed of all things is going to be more true to the spirit of a Bioware RPG than Anthem.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Clawtopsy posted:

someone please repost EA taking its children to a ditch and shooting them comic tia

this image has been waiting years for this exact moment

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

has da4 been killed as collateral damage yet

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the new Assassin's Creed looks basically like an old-school BioWare game, which, lmao that Ubisoft stole BioWare's thing

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Pattonesque posted:

the new Assassin's Creed looks basically like an old-school BioWare game, which, lmao that Ubisoft stole BioWare's thing

Is there a specific gameplay video that shows it off? I just saw a random tweet that the Greek Assassin's Creed will have multiple conversations and love interests.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Radio Free Kobold posted:

this image has been waiting years for this exact moment

It's gotta be updated with Bioware in the dead pile and Respawn about to get their brains blown out

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

It’s not like bioware was using it anymore

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BexGu posted:

Is there a specific gameplay video that shows it off? I just saw a random tweet that the Greek Assassin's Creed will have multiple conversations and love interests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R62H3xqL3w

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Well hot drat only a few more games to go before the series jumps to the future and we track down the aliens while banging other aliens along the way.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

can’t wait to engage these Greek aliens in conversations that will inevitably let me gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s not like bioware was using it anymore

still will never understand their rationale for abandoning a reliably captive audience for "what if No Man's Sky but worse" and "what if Destiny but late"