Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Rumour has it that the game does have a voice protagonist, but due to budgetary constraints they also had to have the guy voice all the other characters, too. He just throws his voice a bit for each one.

Worse, it's the dude who plays Belethor in Skyrim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can the thing start already, I want to know if this is gonna be a proper game or not :negative:

Dameius posted:

What's the over/under on this being a buggy piece of poo poo

literally 100%, have you ever played a Bethesda game before
I love their buggy messes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dameius posted:

What's the over/under on this being a buggy piece of poo poo because:

1. They slapped a fresh coat of paint on the zombified ghoulish corpse of Gamebyro.
2. This is the soft opening for their new engine that they were holding out for on the next TES game and they are putting a Fallout skin on it to entertain their beta testers?

that didn't really look like a new engine to me

also obligatory 'that's not how over/under works'

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Also it hasn't been Gamebryo for almost a decade.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

west virgeenya belongs to de nyords

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

Also it hasn't been Gamebryo for almost a decade.

semantics

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

that didn't really look like a new engine to me

Thanks, I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet and have just seen the youtube screenshots from this thread until I get around to watching it.

Brother Entropy posted:

also obligatory 'that's not how over/under works'

Also obligatory 'neither does their engine' :v:

Your Computer posted:

literally 100%, have you ever played a Bethesda game before
I love their buggy messes

If it is like their other games, I'll still put in around 1k+ hours into their buggy mess, but a buggy mess it will be.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Anyway, was that flying thing the Jersey Devil or the Mothman? Discuss.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Your Computer posted:

Can the thing start already, I want to know if this is gonna be a proper game or not :negative:

It's actually just a remake of Brotherhood of Steel, I'm sorry you had to find out this way

The 76 is the number of remaining BAWLS cans that survived the Great War

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought brotherhood of steel was great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

If this game really is set in West Virginia then I'm hoping you get to run into four ghouls named Justin, Travis, Griffin, and Clint who are all off on an adventure.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As a WV native I for one, am excited to see Bethesda look our state look better after a nuclear holocaust than it does IRL

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wolfsheim posted:

Worse, it's the dude who plays Belethor in Skyrim

You mean Codsworth and Nick Valentine, surely.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Was that actually Ron Pearlman's voice on the trailer?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Arcsquad12 posted:

You mean Codsworth and Nick Valentine, surely.

I was joking earlier, but it turns out that everyone in the game really is just voiced by one guy:

Careful what you wish for, I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sounds like ~influencers~ may soon or already have had a crack at the game.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

cargohills posted:

I'd just like to say that until I looked at it on a map today I assumed West Virginia was in the South. This is entirely because of the song.

West Virginia is the most southern of the northern states and the most northern of the southern states. It's this weird middle ground between the north and the south that has all the worst traits of both. Literally every single person I've ever met that's left West Virginia for somewhere else hates the state with the blistering fury of a thousand suns.

Watching the trailer I very badly hope power armor works like it did in the previous games. Fusion cores were a dumb idea and having to repair power armor but not regular armor was dumb.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Watching the trailer I very badly hope power armor works like it did in the previous games. Fusion cores were a dumb idea and having to repair power armor but not regular armor was dumb.
I agree 100%, but also all power armor felt way too clunky. FO3/NV had it right as far as it being slower to move around in but still functional. It was a weird choice in FO4 to make it so lumbering considering we see repeatedly that the US Army was using soldiers in power armor on the front lines of war.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

ToxicSlurpee posted:

No

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

West Virginia is the most southern of the northern states and the most northern of the southern states. It's this weird middle ground between the north and the south that has all the worst traits of both. Literally every single person I've ever met that's left West Virginia for somewhere else hates the state with the blistering fury of a thousand suns.

As long as you're on the border to a much better state (Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania) it's not SO bad. But if you're stuck in southern WV, central WV, or Western WV you're basically in one of the poorest parts of the USA.

West Virginia is basically broken in two because half the state should have been in the South and half should have been in the North.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Rinkles posted:

Sounds like ~influencers~ may soon or already have had a crack at the game.

Hum... like a closed demo where they can run through some set pieces? Or a crack at the actual game?

Could Bethesda try and pull another "oh, and the game comes out in 12 weeks" like they did with 4? Depending on what this game actually entails that could be a nice surprise.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

power armor is one of the few things that fo4 really nailed i think

it's a great setup

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Power armor sucks

how the heck am I supposed to sneak around with this ugly-rear end giant armor

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Power armor was so bad in F3/NV it was basically a hindrance, 4 was the first game since 1/2 to actually make it a thing that actually makes you better in combat

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Fallout 76 is pretty clearly a prequel to Fallout 3.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes Andrew WK

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
I went to college in DC. We went to West Virginia because it had gambling. We sometimes bought moonshine, because we were stupid college students. West Virginia is a mountain state and has some natural beauty. It also has CIA headquarters, which should make a fun dungeon.

I believe that West Virginia has the lowest nominal per capita GDP in the country, but GDP adjusted for cost of living places it in the middle or slightly above the middle of the country.

West Virginia broke off from Virginia because it didn't want to secede from the Union. But my understanding is that this was less because of a principled anti-slavery stance, but because much of the white population was too poor to afford slaves and they resented plantation owners. There's a lot of natural landscape and history to explore in West Virginia, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do.

At the very least, West Virginia means we're unlikely to have subway mazes.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Your Computer posted:

Power armor sucks

how the heck am I supposed to sneak around with this ugly-rear end giant armor

Stealth generators and noise suppression systems and poo poo like that

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Babe Magnet posted:

hell yes Andrew WK

hell yes indeed.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

prometheusbound2 posted:

I went to college in DC. We went to West Virginia because it had gambling. We sometimes bought moonshine, because we were stupid college students. West Virginia is a mountain state and has some natural beauty. It also has CIA headquarters, which should make a fun dungeon.

Langley is in Virginia, my dude. Agree that the scenery in the Appalachians is quite stunning. A shame the region is full of morons who want to ruin it for everyone else.

Anyway - Bethesda stream starting now. Everyone shut up and listen.

https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCrNBxHA_SavRrD-PrEek2AQ

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 11, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

prometheusbound2 posted:

At the very least, West Virginia means we're unlikely to have subway mazes.

coal mine mazes

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Jose Oquendo posted:

coal mine mazes

coal mine subways

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Here's the E3 showcase on twitch if you prefer it instead

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

As long as you're on the border to a much better state (Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania) it's not SO bad. But if you're stuck in southern WV, central WV, or Western WV you're basically in one of the poorest parts of the USA.

West Virginia is basically broken in two because half the state should have been in the South and half should have been in the North.

It's also a terrible state because there's practically no economy except mining, especially coal, and coal mining is infamous as a dying industry that rednecks refuse to admit is dying. Mines struggle to stay open, towns get poorer, and nobody tries to really do anything except try to reopen the coal mines to get the jobs back.

prometheusbound2 posted:

West Virginia broke off from Virginia because it didn't want to secede from the Union. But my understanding is that this was less because of a principled anti-slavery stance, but because much of the white population was too poor to afford slaves and they resented plantation owners. There's a lot of natural landscape and history to explore in West Virginia, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do.

Slavery was mostly a plantation thing in the South, and West Virginia is too mountainous to have plantations. Even now there's not much agriculture because of how rough the terrain is. It's all mining and logging.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

It's also a terrible state because there's practically no economy except mining, especially coal, and coal mining is infamous as a dying industry that rednecks refuse to admit is dying. Mines struggle to stay open, towns get poorer, and nobody tries to really do anything except try to reopen the coal mines to get the jobs back.
The only new businesses opening up are restaurants because it feels like half of the state are on government assistance and all there is to do is drugs and eat food

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
Rage 2 is all about rangers in the wasteland. Guess they want some degree of the familiar.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rage 2's presentation mentioned "The Goon Squad" so I just wanted to make a post about it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We've got a thread to make all the bad posts in
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I was joking earlier, but it turns out that everyone in the game really is just voiced by one guy:

Careful what you wish for, I guess.

You may know him better as Garrett Attano.

I would love for Stephen Russell to be the voice of my protagonist.

(I haven't played Fallout 4, as you can tell.)