Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I bought all of the super secret police sets for the last movie strictly because of the Blade Runner aesthetic. I will buy all of the mad max sets as well. That way the only conventional cars in my city are the Garbage Truck and Ice Cream Truck also from the first movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The police suv/truck thing from the super cycle set was a really kickass build. It looks fantastic.

Though I modded for some lower profile roof lights and took the scoops off the hood. It's been disassembled for a while but I'm pretty sure I moved the lamps from the roof to the front bumper.

I may or may not have used it for inspiration on my benny truck. :v:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Shawn posted:

I bought all of the super secret police sets for the last movie strictly because of the Blade Runner aesthetic. I will buy all of the mad max sets as well. That way the only conventional cars in my city are the Garbage Truck and Ice Cream Truck also from the first movie.

The police dropship is the only movie set I have that isn't packed up besides SPACESHIP

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is this eve Lego? Found it while Akro-Mils’ing all my messy cache.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hardware (tools) pack on the right. Clone trooper visors/antennas on left although usually those come in light bluish grey so that’s weird

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
They were in a few colors, I definitely have a few black sets.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks buds!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Sistar System.

The sister system.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Dogen posted:

Hardware (tools) pack on the right. Clone trooper visors/antennas on left although usually those come in light bluish grey so that’s weird

Maybe, but all the ones I have are dark bluish grey.

As for that counter piece, it's for sliding doors that are made of regular bricks. There's a thinner version as well (in 8L and 2L variants) but you need special doors for that. Of course, these days most of the time they're used for adding detail.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

The Sistar System.

The sister system.

You just gettin that?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I will buy every mad max inspired Lego movie set

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Hell-to-the-gently caress-yes.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

xzzy posted:

Presented without comment:

Loss edits continue to get weirder and weirder

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Digging the extensive ware on Emmett and Wild Style. Fits with the Mad Max vibe.

veni veni veni posted:

Also this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m hoping for another series of CMFs with that Mad Max barista.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Please make the Mad Max coffee hut with barista and have it be like, $20 sized. Pissed me off that the last coffee stand was part of the $180 "city full of vehicles" giant box.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on the success of the ninjago big sets it's almost a guarantee there will be a movie themed modular.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

xzzy posted:

Based on the success of the ninjago big sets it's almost a guarantee there will be a movie themed modular.

oh god no

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

This will definitely happen.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gonna be mad max themed too! :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/LOicMJA.gifv

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

At this rate we’ll be getting into a regular habit of 2 modulars a year, one Creator and one themed, and my poor wallet will hurt. :ohdear:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The_Doctor posted:

At this rate we’ll be getting into a regular habit of 2 modulars a year, one Creator and one themed, and my poor wallet will hurt. :ohdear:

And one Ideas.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Even my gf, who doesn't understand hockey, was impressed by that play.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpO5EnSmP8

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
My GF is a huge bookworm, so I ha dot get that storybook giveaway thing. Ended up buying it on ebay for 26€ plus shipping. I usually don't do that but I really don't have any set I want right now.

On a very happy sidenote: I found the out of production architecture Big Ben at a Heathrow airport gift shop for 24.99 GBP, which is retail price AFAIK. Bought it and am now a happy owner of every single London themed lego set:

- Tower Bridge
- Big Ben (large)
- Big Ben (small)
- London Bus (large)
- London Bus (small, originally a giveaway I got with Big Ben now Leicester Square exclusive)
- London Skyline
- Lester (Leicester square exclusive Lego minifig)
- Royal Guards (Originally a PAB wall set, now available at Leicester Square)
- Royal Guard CMF
(- Bobby CMF)
(- English Gentleman CMF)

All set up in our living room.

Sadly, I missed seeing the lifesize t-rex at Kings Cross last this week, as I had no time. Anyone got a pic of it?

Hopper fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 9, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopper posted:

Sadly, I missed seeing the lifesize t-rex at Kings Cross last this week, as I had no time. Anyone got a pic of it?

Ohhh yes!

And Blue too!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Oh, i mistakenly thought those were made of lego... well didn't miss much then

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Same.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m sorry you’re all dead inside and don’t like real-size realistic dinosaurs. :mad:

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

The_Doctor posted:

I’m sorry you’re all dead inside and don’t like real-size realistic dinosaurs. :mad:

Realistic? I don't see any feathers there, pal.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I saw the animated one at the natural history museum a few years ago, ever since I've been spoilt

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Feels good, man!

(I know the before pic isn’t that daunting, but I was doing it in batches. I probably sorted tens of thousands of Lego pieces over the last month. I’m nearly done!)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

jfc that bucketwheel set is enormous.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

jfc that bucketwheel set is enormous.

It really is. :)

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Speaking of size, I bought the Pirate coaster to tide me over until I get the big roller coaster later in the year, and it's as long as the UCS Falcon. The big coaster must be fuckin' gigantic.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

GlenMR posted:

Speaking of size, I bought the Pirate coaster to tide me over until I get the big roller coaster later in the year, and it's as long as the UCS Falcon. The big coaster must be fuckin' gigantic.

I think the base is 16 x 34 approximately. I had to buy a foam board so it would have stability on my shelf. (it stuck out about 2 inches)

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
34 inches? Interesting, it's not that much longer than the pirate set, then. Obviously much wider and taller though.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Feenix posted:

Feels good, man!

(I know the before pic isn’t that daunting, but I was doing it in batches. I probably sorted tens of thousands of Lego pieces over the last month. I’m nearly done!)

This is me right now friend. Well, almost, I am waiting on my TROFAST delivery right now. The smaller black units look similar to one I got in the UK, but I have already decided I need a couple more. Sorting all my Lego is looking daunting, but I know it needs doing and I think its massively holding me back from my eventual goals of ~making cool things~ rather than building the models once and throwing them in a pile.

Edit:

They have arrived and I have assembled them. If I am honest, they are a bit smaller than I thought they would be and I might not be able to store everything in them (Everything being all the other boxes surrounding the TROFASTS). Still there is something really satisfying about sorting Lego, even if amassing a drawer full of heads makes you feel like some sort of Lego serial killer. I am really happy that I have found a lot of classic 90's pirate stuff and can begin to reassemble my childhood.

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

You want realistic dinosaurs in the London area, visit Dinosaurs in the Wild while it lasts.