Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

No, but it gives a field day for Russian propagandists. You are free to believe that this was a good thing for Ukraine's credibility, of course. I think it was a fuckup.

Uh, ok.

I think preventing extra-territorial politicial assassinations is a good thing but if you don't think the methods justify the results then, uh, hey, you do you I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The only bad thing about it is that Ukrainian politicians are now trying to dunk on Amnesty International and the Helsinki Group for being pessimistic about yet another dead journalist in Ukraine.

He's not really dead, you fools! This time the journalist is not dead! We got you! Ha-ha, and you believed us that yet another journalist could have died, how stupid of you! And not only stupid, but borderline treacherous! How could you doubt SBU? Please vote Poroshenko.

That's almost verbatim what the Prosecutor General said after the big reveal, and now all types of idiots repeat this.

I hope they release some evidence before Russian propaganda can completely discredit this whole thing.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Paladinus posted:

The only bad thing about it is that Ukrainian politicians are now trying to dunk on Amnesty International and the Helsinki Group for being pessimistic about yet another dead journalist in Ukraine.

He's not really dead, you fools! This time the journalist is not dead! We got you! Ha-ha, and you believed us that yet another journalist could have died, how stupid of you! And not only stupid, but borderline treacherous! How could you doubt SBU? Please vote Poroshenko.

That's almost verbatim what the Prosecutor General said after the big reveal, and now all types of idiots repeat this.

I hope they release some evidence before Russian propaganda can completely discredit this whole thing.

Ah, now that's a fuckup.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

hmm, being arrested by plain clothes police and being abducted off the streets by randos appear to be indistinguishable from one another

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i kept waiting for uniformed police to show up after the broker was apprehended, but nope, it's just pull up the unmarked van with tinted windows and shove him in

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i kept waiting for uniformed police to show up after the broker was apprehended, but nope, it's just pull up the unmarked van with tinted windows and shove him in

Pretty sure they knew he wasnt going to fight the arrest. why send in the shitbird uniforms to rustle his feathers, send the detectives,go quietly into a van. Drive off with 99% less publicity

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

why would you not want publicity tho

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

why would you not want publicity tho

because making a massively publicized arrest of the broker may change his mind about aiding the investigation. the objective isnt the people they are arresting, its the real shot callers of the assassination department.

Isn't assassinating people on sovereign soil something someone might consider an act of war?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 31, 2018

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

LeoMarr posted:

because making a massively publicized arrest of the broker may change his mind about aiding the investigation. the objective isnt the people they are arresting, its the real shot callers of the assassination department.

Isn't assassinating people on sovereign soil something someone might consider an act of war?

Well, they are sorta at war already, sooo...

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I like Babchenko more now. Time to buy some copies of "One soldier's war" to give away.

e. Jesus, I'm seriously impressed by all of it! And for anyone of you who thinks it's impossibly implausible to have done this - in the light of how implausibly many people have had car accidents or fatal muggings since 1991? And how implausibly often those very dead people have the words "kremlin critic" in their obituary nowadays? Not gona say Occam's Razor, but come onnn, Occam's Razor.
Don't make yourself stupid.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 31, 2018

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
This old corrupt one-legged bastard that I've mentioned in my rants about Estonia.. Today the court dropped the case against him because one member (out of 7) of a medical commission found that he could die while under trial, and that he has to be in hospital (his doctor friend's hospital). Also has problems with his memory and has trouble following his doctor's instructions.

Of course there are other defendants and the trial will continue tomorrow. Despite the lawyers arguing against that, saying they have booked their vacations, etc. It happens to be about half a year left until the case expires.

On a positive note, politically he is finished.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Trump is at the G7 summit right now, and speaking live.

He just said it's Obama's fault Ukraine lost Crimea to Russia. Then says Russia should be at the G8, not the G7

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

i love my russian stooge president

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Looks like he found that house with no door knobs.

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1005919321984466944

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1005918325694783489

Goon legend

yfw they don't stop sucking

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 11, 2018

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

future generations will talk endlessly about the ballsucking gambit.
maybe this isn't the worst timeline.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's his amazing response

https://twitter.com/Dpol_un/status/1006156534370439173
https://twitter.com/Dpol_un/status/1006157807496941569

When all you've got is a bunch of conspiracy theories sent to you on Twitter by MH17 Truthers, you've got to realise you're hosed.

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1006159779981680640

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Those balls aren't going to suck themselves.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I stand before you with dry balls, Your Honor. I've provided witnesses, collected testimonials, and still, my balls remain dry. I want what I'm entitled to!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

frankenfreak posted:

I stand before you with dry balls, Your Honor. I've provided witnesses, collected testimonials, and still, my balls remain dry. I want what I'm entitled to!

OK, I have to admit to a degree of inexperience here. Surely the goal of efficacious ball-sucking is for the balls to become dry.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

CIA stooge sexually harrasses gentle scientist

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Goon shitposts directly to the Russian government.

It's an interesting timeline.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Finally that Google news alert I set up so long ago for "Eliot Higgins suck my balls" pays off.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I just won a bet
https://www.rt.com/news/429609-eliot-higgins-suck-my-balls/

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I think the following is only appropriate now:

Eastern Europe: suck my balls

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

You gave up your job at the women's underwear company to blog? RT never change. Congratulations!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Their site just tried to serve malware to my phone, lol.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

You gave up your job at the women's underwear company to blog? RT never change. Congratulations!

That's not even correct, they claim I was a payment officer when I was an administrative assistant, and I had finished a temporary 4 month contract to cover someone's maternity leave. Prior to that I had worked for 5 years for a company housing asylum seekers, but weirdly they never mention that.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

That's not even correct, they claim I was a payment officer when I was an administrative assistant, and I had finished a temporary 4 month contract to cover someone's maternity leave. Prior to that I had worked for 5 years for a company housing asylum seekers, but weirdly they never mention that.

I know it's wrong, it's still funny they bring that up every time they publish something about you.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I know it's wrong, it's still funny they bring that up every time they publish something about you.

It appears to be their only argument against me.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What's the story with the MIT prof you were supposed to debate

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He writes really bad reports on topics outside of his expertise and war crime denialists lap it up:

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/articles/2017/04/28/professor-theodore-postol-mit-vs-concept-time/

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love the subtle self-ownage in their own article. They post your very clear tweet indicating they've provided zero evidence that your evidence is all fake news, and instead are going full on tone-argument. It doesn't matter if the evidence or claims or true or false, Mr. Higgins (not real journalist) was rude, so that should invalidate everything he's said.

Like, they never address the elephant in the room, that they don't have any evidence, they don't have anything yet balls remain dry.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:bisonyes:

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

He seems to like to hang around underwear of those weak females a lot, is probably one herself?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

dogboy posted:

He seems to like to hang around underwear of those weak females a lot, is probably one herself?

You're not making a whole lot of sense there.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

You're not making a whole lot of sense there.

It was an attempt at a joke, the underwear stuff is obviously there to convince strong and manly russians patriarchic men that bm is either gay or something that is at least not strong and manly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dogboy posted:

Wait, how are they supposed to suck Bellingcat's lady balls then!?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Wait, how are they supposed to suck Bellingcat's lady balls then!?

They are fake balls just like his amateur blog and his posting?

(Realtalk: Good job Brown Moses, keep up the good work!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

dogboy posted:

It was an attempt at a joke, the underwear stuff is obviously there to convince strong and manly russians patriarchic men that bm is either gay or something that is at least not strong and manly.

It reminds me of Thomas Paine, who is this icon of the American Revolution was called Tommy Paine the bodice maker by the English because I guess when he lived in England he made women's underclothes.