Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1005812424572919808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

came to post this

abolish ICE. abolish CBP

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

abolish ICE. abolish CBP

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

nopantsjack posted:

LMAO Americans are already heavily armed. You guys love this poo poo and if you don't you're gutless cowards. If yank mythology about why you need guns was correct ICE would already be abolished.

Instead all they're used for is deranged chuds taking potshots at immigrants crossing the border and massacres of school children and non whites.

I agree completely, leftists not being armed in even fractional proportion to III%'ers is a big problem and a site of immense hypocrisy among those who would otherwise pretend at conviction.

Militant community protection orgs would go further toward stopping these atrocities than shitposting on the internet, for sure.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shot:

Chaser:

quote:

I don't like to overexagerate, but I am currently reading a Holocaust memoir, and the SS used this same excuse before separating families between the baths and chambers.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Ice is getting past abolishment being enough. Every ice agent needs to be tried and executed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1005886988719976448

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ikanreed posted:

Ice is getting past abolishment being enough. Every ice agent needs to be tried and executed

Do you mean that they need to go to trial or :airquote:go to trial:airquote:?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Nothing I post in my current frame of mind would be legally defensible.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MizPiz posted:

Do you mean that they need to go to trial or :airquote:go to trial:airquote:?

Just because they deny people the right to a fair trial for fake crimes doesn't mean I don't want them to not get one for real crimes

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh. my. loving. god.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ikanreed posted:

Just because they deny people the right to a fair trial for fake crimes doesn't mean I don't want them to not get one for real crimes

no truer justice can be found than that at the people's revolutionary tribunal drumhead

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zegermans posted:

oh. my. loving. god.

I don't know what to do. My brain is freezing from the implications.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't know what to do. My brain is freezing from the implications.

if its any consolation we're still at pre-Wannsee conference nazi germany levels

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if its any consolation we're still at pre-Wannsee conference nazi germany levels

THAT IS NOT A loving CONSOLATION!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

well we still haven't open treblinka 2 yet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well we still haven't open treblinka 2 yet

There was already a Treblinka II.

Treblinka II 2: It's a Gas!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/marcetanya/status/1005631247429795841

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's an implication for you: no time like the present to lock the ICE officials in the creepy ex-Walmart, then deport them to Mexico with no money or ID

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
A fair trial would probably find most ICE employees guilty of poo poo we don't even know about yet.

Also there is like legitimately no way the US judicial system would actually find guilt on most of the perpetrators because Nuremberg principles were almost entirely abandoned after Vietnam; which isn't to say I don't think they should get a fair day in court even if I think they're monsters, it's just that the system is set up to give as much immunity to the worst footsoldiers of the system as possible.

Which is to say any attempt at prosecuting ICE will require dizzying amounts of judicial reform too.

Agnosticnixie has issued a correction as of 10:49 on Jun 11, 2018

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

immigrants are so dehumanized for some reason* that a good chunk of the population still wouldn’t care if they started gassing people.

I can already taste the myriad of :smug: excuses blaming the parents for everything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
maybe just brand every ice agent with ICE on their forehead. its a bit nazi like but they've gone full nazi

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

LMAO Americans are already heavily armed. You guys love this poo poo and if you don't you're gutless cowards. If yank mythology about why you need guns was correct ICE would already be abolished.

Instead all they're used for is deranged chuds taking potshots at immigrants crossing the border and massacres of school children and non whites.

Taintrunner posted:

people will hate you for saying this, but you're right.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

oh. my. loving. god.

did you think trump's idolization of hitler was a joke, because uh

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

nopantsjack posted:

fakk off we're full

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Jose posted:

maybe just brand every ice agent with ICE on their forehead. its a bit nazi like but they've gone full nazi

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lol that we're just letting this kind of nazi poo poo happen again and again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1005940224877301762

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I used to think that in the age of open internet (which lol is probably no more) where you can get instant access to information and the horrible poo poo that happens, as it happens, that people wouldn't allow this poo poo to happen, but instead it's labeled as fake news and a large portion of the US is okay with it all anyway because they're racist pieces of poo poo who victim-blame immigrants

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

enjoyed all the bots pretending the congresswoman made up the statements.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Can I start referencing my religious beliefs to not service ice officials

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lawman 0 posted:

Absolutely. No question.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Snoo posted:

I used to think that in the age of open internet (which lol is probably no more) where you can get instant access to information and the horrible poo poo that happens, as it happens, that people wouldn't allow this poo poo to happen, but instead it's labeled as fake news and a large portion of the US is okay with it all anyway because they're racist pieces of poo poo who victim-blame immigrants

I think a bigger part of the lack of prevention is summed up by this conversation that I witnessed last night

tacodaemon posted:

also reminder that there's nothing you or i or anyone can do about this

Al! posted:

not nothing, just nothing that wouldn't destroy our own lives and possibly those of our families

tacodaemon posted:

anything like that wouldnt help anyway, you'd just be used as a scapegoat to make ICE/CBP/etc even worse

Al! posted:

maybe :shrug: sometimes the only way out is through

and our representatives are so incredibly insulated from their constituents via 800 layers of bureaucracy so they see neither the outrage nor the consequences of their actions

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jose posted:

i think people will just get confused like its an advertisement for the frozen water kind

pelt them with ice cubes for the rest of their lives

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lawman 0 posted:

fugitive slave act 2.0

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

fugitive slave act 2.0

lol this is absolutely coming

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lawman 0 posted:

lol this is absolutely coming

Aren't sanctuary cities already the free States of this system we've got going.

Whatever law mandates enforcement will be equivalent 100%, and Trump loving ran on that.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Honestly, if I didn't like my brothers I'd probably throw my life away in a grand, glorious John Brown-esque crusade since I don't really care too much about my own life, and the rest of my family are CHUDs so gently caress them.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

KiteAuraan posted:

Honestly, if I didn't like my brothers I'd probably throw my life away in a grand, glorious John Brown-esque crusade since I don't really care too much about my own life, and the rest of my family are CHUDs so gently caress them.

john brown's plan wasn't to die in a hail of gunfire, though it was an eventuality he and his raiders accepted as pretty probably. the plan, starting at least two years before the actual harper's ferry raid, began with gathering a small, tightly knit band of veterans from the pro/anti-slavery violence in Kansas in the 1850s, of which Brown and his sons were the most famous anti-slavery veterans, and augmenting that core group with younger, idealistic abolitionists (several of them young black men, either born free in the north or escaped slaves). the composite group met in slavery-neutral canada (though they changed hotels once when the first place they went wouldn't seat or serve the black and white guests together). they voted on who should be commander of the operation (i believe the selection of John Brown was unanimous) and sub-officer, then worked out in conference at this hotel where they'd strike, how they'd strike, and what the plan was for the aftermath. the immediate aim was to raid a succession of large plantations near Harper's Ferry, site of the most important federal armory on the east coast, to liberate and then arm the slaves on those plantations. the long-term aim was to escape into the appalachians with as many slaves as would come with them and as many weapons as they could carry off, to form a fortified commune of freed slaves and abolitionists in the mountains.

nobody would claim john brown was a widely read man, but he was extremely thoroughly read in the two subjects that interested him: irregular warfare and religion. in the years leading up to harper's ferry he'd studied intensely the accounts of Spanish partisans in the Pyrennes Mountains who held of far larger, better equipped and better disciplined forces from the French Empire during the Napoleonic Wars, the campaigns of Toussaint Louvertoure in the mountainous southern third of Haiti, the long-standing fortified compounds in the Andes and the Amazon founded by escaped slaves from Spanish and Brazilian plantation systems in South America. there were never any such long-term communities of escaped slaves in wilderness compounds in the united states, unless you count the Black Seminoles of Florida (a whole other story), but brown believed that with the help of radical abolitionists such places could be carved in the appalachians, to create both refuges for runaway slaves south of the mason-dixon and bases from which further raids could be launched to liberate more slaves.

all that went awry when the raiders failed to stop a train that passed through Harper's Ferry on the night of the operation from getting out of town. the train spread word of the raid, which summoned the Virginia militia to besiege the town. The militia fought like the lovely part-timers they were, failed miserably to take Harper's Ferry all day until a detachment of US Marines showed up from DC under the command of none other than Robert E. Lee, then a colonel if memory serves. The marines took the town back building by building, killing or wounding most of Brown's raiders in the process. Only two men made it out, escaping out the back of the armory building and swimming the river that surrounds Harper's Ferry to make it into the Appalachian foothills before escaping to Pennsylvania. one of those two men wrote down his account of the raid not long after; the other major source on its events is the after action report written by Lee. the two escapees' firefight in the woods with a party of Virginia militiamen actually lends credence to the whole long-term plan: despite being outnumbered, the two raiders drove off the Virginians and made good their escape using elevation and tree cover, in a miniature version of the further clashes Brown expected with the militia and eventually the federal military in the mountains.

the closest modern equivalent to what Brown tried to accomplish would be on the order of a band of radical ICE abolitionists breaking open a privately owned prison, arming all the prisoners willing to come with them, and leading those escapees to seize NORAD or a nuclear silo before threatening to turn WMDs on the continental US unless everyone gets let out of the ICE camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

zeal posted:

john brown's plan wasn't to die in a hail of gunfire, though it was an eventuality he and his raiders accepted as pretty probably. the plan, starting at least two years before the actual harper's ferry raid, began with gathering a small, tightly knit band of veterans from the pro/anti-slavery violence in Kansas in the 1850s, of which Brown and his sons were the most famous anti-slavery veterans, and augmenting that core group with younger, idealistic abolitionists (several of them young black men, either born free in the north or escaped slaves). the composite group met in slavery-neutral canada (though they changed hotels once when the first place they went wouldn't seat or serve the black and white guests together). they voted on who should be commander of the operation (i believe the selection of John Brown was unanimous) and sub-officer, then worked out in conference at this hotel where they'd strike, how they'd strike, and what the plan was for the aftermath. the immediate aim was to raid a succession of large plantations near Harper's Ferry, site of the most important federal armory on the east coast, to liberate and then arm the slaves on those plantations. the long-term aim was to escape into the appalachians with as many slaves as would come with them and as many weapons as they could carry off, to form a fortified commune of freed slaves and abolitionists in the mountains.

nobody would claim john brown was a widely read man, but he was extremely thoroughly read in the two subjects that interested him: irregular warfare and religion. in the years leading up to harper's ferry he'd studied intensely the accounts of Spanish partisans in the Pyrennes Mountains who held of far larger, better equipped and better disciplined forces from the French Empire during the Napoleonic Wars, the campaigns of Toussaint Louvertoure in the mountainous southern third of Haiti, the long-standing fortified compounds in the Andes and the Amazon founded by escaped slaves from Spanish and Brazilian plantation systems in South America. there were never any such long-term communities of escaped slaves in wilderness compounds in the united states, unless you count the Black Seminoles of Florida (a whole other story), but brown believed that with the help of radical abolitionists such places could be carved in the appalachians, to create both refuges for runaway slaves south of the mason-dixon and bases from which further raids could be launched to liberate more slaves.

all that went awry when the raiders failed to stop a train that passed through Harper's Ferry on the night of the operation from getting out of town. the train spread word of the raid, which summoned the Virginia militia to besiege the town. The militia fought like the lovely part-timers they were, failed miserably to take Harper's Ferry all day until a detachment of US Marines showed up from DC under the command of none other than Robert E. Lee, then a colonel if memory serves. The marines took the town back building by building, killing or wounding most of Brown's raiders in the process. Only two men made it out, escaping out the back of the armory building and swimming the river that surrounds Harper's Ferry to make it into the Appalachian foothills before escaping to Pennsylvania. one of those two men wrote down his account of the raid not long after; the other major source on its events is the after action report written by Lee. the two escapees' firefight in the woods with a party of Virginia militiamen actually lends credence to the whole long-term plan: despite being outnumbered, the two raiders drove off the Virginians and made good their escape using elevation and tree cover, in a miniature version of the further clashes Brown expected with the militia and eventually the federal military in the mountains.

the closest modern equivalent to what Brown tried to accomplish would be on the order of a band of radical ICE abolitionists breaking open a privately owned prison, arming all the prisoners willing to come with them, and leading those escapees to seize NORAD or a nuclear silo before threatening to turn WMDs on the continental US unless everyone gets let out of the ICE camps.

I'm not gonna lie, that sounds so much better than any realistic outcome for our current hosed up situation.