Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tei posted:

Is a style. Neither are better. Playing a premade character let the artist write a good backstory for it. While if you create your character, you play more or less a blank slate.

That's true, but the problem is that the trailer implied the dude narrating it was the protagonist, but he isn't because you get to make your own character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does kiryu have fully voiced va in the fotns crossover?

I need my nani's

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

halo 5 in general is an error

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

That's true, but the problem is that the trailer implied the dude narrating it was the protagonist, but he isn't because you get to make your own character.

I personally liked geralt and i hope they have some plan for making me care about my create a character as a character cause im pretty sick of blank slates in rpgs

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

This gives me the same feeling as a Mormon trying to hand me a free brochure.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I personally liked geralt and i hope they have some plan for making me care about my create a character as a character cause im pretty sick of blank slates in rpgs

Yeah, I liked Geralt a lot and I don't at all mind a set main character. In fact, I kind of prefer it these days. It can be a risk, because you do still want the player to be invested in the character and it's always possible to make a set main character who just sucks too much to get invested in, but if done well I think it provides a better anchor for roleplaying than a blank slate.

That said, maybe CDPR can do the blank slate well. I hope so, at least. And I hope they give us a lot of options for having cool cyberware that makes our characters look unique.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859786

Yalready know

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Let me just sit down for an hour and half for this.

Just lol if you don't watch every single youtube video at 2x speed.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Anarchy is dumb as poo poo lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Terper posted:

Just lol if you don't watch every single youtube video at 2x speed.

That's still 45 minutes!!

(watches 2 hours of Bethesda sucking their own dicks)

Macaluso, I appreciate the synopsis anyway. :) Those devs know whats up.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Does Capcom have it's own Presentation like Ubisoft/Bethesda or does it just partner up with like Microsoft/etc?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its there a chance of some cdpr presence at sonys presentation?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Very unlikely.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

If there is, there won't be much (or anything) new to show. The hidden text in yesterday's trailer suggests CDPR still isn't ready to show gameplay or anything like that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im looking forward to pc gaming show

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

BexGu posted:

Does Capcom have it's own Presentation like Ubisoft/Bethesda or does it just partner up with like Microsoft/etc?

Sony most likely

On the character discussion I much prefer a fallout/elder scrolls create a character of you have the writing to make whatever the play want to be work. I mean Fallout 4 was far worse for the experience with the MAH FAMILY poo poo shoved down your throat.

I could never get into the witcher because I didnt like how pre defined geralt was.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Word on the street was CDPR was going to tease more stuff to ya boy Geoff during his big show tomorrow

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHo705XNa2I Square Enix stream in about 20 minutes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sssshhhhhh all chat must be redirected to this thread now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Harrow posted:

If there is, there won't be much (or anything) new to show. The hidden text in yesterday's trailer suggests CDPR still isn't ready to show gameplay or anything like that.

They've said on Twitter there's more to come at this E3, but whether that'll just be interviews, idk.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rinkles posted:

They've said on Twitter there's more to come at this E3, but whether that'll just be interviews, idk.

If they somehow have actual gameplay to show I'll be thrilled. Shocked, but thrilled.

Maybe it'll just be interviews, concept art, maybe a discussion with a little more detail about what kind of game it's going to be, that sort of thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wanna watch the Squeenix conference but I have my counselling appointment in half an hour :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rarity posted:

I wanna watch the Squeenix conference but I have my counselling appointment in half an hour :(

we'll all need counseling after watching this, good on you to get it out of the way early

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Was that Keith David introducing the Squeenix showcase?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

Was that Keith David introducing the Squeenix showcase?

Yes.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I'm reservedly optimistic about DMC5. On one hand, it looks very much inspired by DMC4, which I think is my favourite DMC, but on the other, the more "present day" aesthetics remind me of DMC2 and DmC:DmC, which... aren't.

Also, J-pop?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tomb Raider sure does look like another one of these.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CordlessPen posted:

I'm reservedly optimistic about DMC5. On one hand, it looks very much inspired by DMC4, which I think is my favourite DMC, but on the other, the more "present day" aesthetics remind me of DMC2 and DmC:DmC, which... aren't.

Also, J-pop?

Well, there's also DMC3, which at least started in a modern city, and the DMC5 trailer showed off some ancient ruins and cathedrals and stuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Grappling and wallrunning... just like Tomb Raider Legends had over ten years ago!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tomb raider as a game about brutal killings is just not standing out the way a more focused trap/traversal/puzzle game could

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Tomb raider as a game about brutal killings is just not standing out the way a more focused trap/traversal/puzzle game could

Yeah, that's how I've felt about the Tomb Raider reboot too. I want more tomb raiding, puzzle, and survival stuff and less "isn't Lara such a brutal killer" stuff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that's how I've felt about the Tomb Raider reboot too. I want more tomb raiding, puzzle, and survival stuff and less "isn't Lara such a brutal killer" stuff

But, but, you can tell she's getting close to BECOMING THE TOMB RAIDER though, because she's got the gray sleeveless tunic she wore in the original 90's Tomb Raider games.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
No new FF7 remake information. It's FF7 Forever now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That seemed like a really pointless waste of time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can't become the Tomb Raider until you fill all the tombs with bodies first. That's what makes them tombs, idiots.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
There was nothing new at all lmao

Forgot the platinum game and quiet man

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Raserys posted:

They showed like 2 new IPs

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Babylon's Fall is new isn't it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Raserys posted:

platinum's take on dark souls was new

wish they'd actually shown it off, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
yeah yeah I got it already, there was no gameplay though so I expect to see it around the same time as the ff7 remake

• Locked thread