Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Microsoft doesn't have exclusives because they don't appropriate other cultures. It's actually admirable, you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

big mean giraffe posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is probably my 'game of the generation' for the PS4/Xbone gen, followed very closely by God of War. PS4 has an absolutely great library of games, and as cheap as the base model is, owning a Switch and PS4 isn't really hard.

I got pretty bored with HZD and could never get into it. Sadly, God of War was the same as I stopped part way into the second world. I then read spoilers after selling it and I wished I would've stuck with it a bit more. Oh well.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not Operator posted:

Anyone encouraging you to unbox your PS4 and not play God of War first has an agenda they're trying to force on you.

That is absolutely one of the games on my backlog.

big mean giraffe posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is probably my 'game of the generation' for the PS4/Xbone gen, followed very closely by God of War. PS4 has an absolutely great library of games, and as cheap as the base model is, owning a Switch and PS4 isn't really hard.

Yeah I've still got an OG PS4. I don't see the point in upgrading to the Pro YET because games still look pretty drat good on it and I've only got a 1080p screen (I'm waiting for 4K OLED TVs to drop down in price a bit so that when I upgrade it's a MASSIVE upgrade).

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

goferchan posted:

Yeah I did for the same game lol. Just call support and if you bought it in the last 48 hours they can do it for you on the spot, if it's been longer than that they have to escalate it to a higher tier rep but they should do it for you as a "one time courtesy" if you're nice

The supervisor gave me some spiel about doing your research, be an informed consumer, before buying games. Ok buddy. Don't let poo poo on your system.

I'm not sure having to say the words The Sexy Brutale out loud to two different csrs was worth was worth the money I got back

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Andrast posted:

Tomb of the giants owns

Yeah I think people overstate how bad it gets after Anor Londo. The main problem is the difficulty progression breaks off after that point cause the game's no longer linear, so it's easy to get overleveled and just steamroll the remaining content.

Lost Izalith does suck though. That area is plain unfinished and I can't believe they didn't fix it in the remaster.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Elman posted:

Lost Izalith does suck though. That area is plain unfinished and I can't believe they didn't fix it in the remaster.

Yeah, this is what disappointed me most on the remaster. I understand not tinkering with an all time great, but that whole area is clearly unfinished and is poo poo, so even just a bit of TLC or elbow grease there would've been completely fine.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll eat my hat if My Friend Pedro started out as a Deadpool game. All they did was change the outfit and make the talking chimichanga a banana instead. Only surprise was the lack of katanas or sais. Looks pretty good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lodin posted:

I'll eat my hat if My Friend Pedro started out as a Deadpool game. All they did was change the outfit and make the talking chimichanga a banana instead. Only surprise was the lack of katanas or sais. Looks pretty good.

Yeah I got that feeling like halfway into the trailer. Luckily the game looks like a cool side-scrolling Hotline Miami so I'm down for it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

We fired a guy at my job cause he was playing Fallout Shelter all the time instead of working

What kinda job

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Air Traffic Controller

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

What would be the funniest answer to this, because I'm leaning towards "Bethesda QA Tester (Rage 2)"

Or surgeon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Traveling secretary for Fallout Boy

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sir, this is a mcdonalds drive-thru

if you don't stop playing with your phone when taking orders we're gonna have to fire you.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like this is PS4 only and that sucks. Wanna play Fist of the God Hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDjlxLK2-k

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I know the joke is on me for not adblocking it already, but I'm watching the Squeenix stream hoping for Octopath or Bravely news and the stream chat is such a loving sewer. Do these people even like video games?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Reality Loser posted:

Nintendo Switch: I'm not sure having to say the words The Sexy Brutale out loud to two different csrs was worth was worth the money I got back

Mods

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I’m hyped for octopath wooo

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Not Operator posted:

I know the joke is on me for not adblocking it already, but I'm watching the Squeenix stream hoping for Octopath or Bravely news and the stream chat is such a loving sewer. Do these people even like video games?

Those are the same gobshites who have been spending all of yesterday bitching and moaning about Cyberpunk having a day/night cycle so it's obviously not proper cyberpunk.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

E3 is a layup for Nintendo to win right now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope death stranding tonight is like a 15 minute long trailer that explains absolutely nothing.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Don't count Sony out yet, but Nintendo has Smash, Pokemon, and almost certainly some Metroid stuff to talk about (even if it's just the same title card with "2019" added to it) so yeah it's pretty much theirs for the taking.

I hope death stranding tonight is like a 15 minute long trailer that explains absolutely nothing.

I'll be shocked if it's anything other than that, I think Kojima wants people to go in as much in the dark as possible. Remember that all promo materials suggested MGS2 had Solid Snake as the player character, he absolutely loves messing with people.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if all that baby thumbs up monster stuff was just Norman Reedus' dream cutscenes, and the actual gameplay is just him being an office worker or something. There's stealth elements where you try to sneak out of work early without your supervisor Janice noticing.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 11, 2018

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I hope it’s exactly the same trailer as before except the nude dead guys and naked walking dead dude has massive genitals

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The only way Sony can impress me is if they somehow bring back Infamous.

vvv I liked the Life is Strange superhero boy but yeah more or less this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Square conference was weak as hell and had no new Switch announcements.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Square conference was weak as hell and had no new Switch announcements.

Was there actually any new announcements besides that deaf alley kickpuncher? I guess whatever the gently caress that Monster Hunter/FF Online crossover was.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The PC/PS4 PlatinumGames game that looks like it could be Dark Souls.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Was there actually any new announcements besides that deaf alley kickpuncher? I guess whatever the gently caress that Monster Hunter/FF Online crossover was.

FFXIV has crossovers all the time with other Square Enix properties. The only shocker is they decided this time was worth an e3 announcement.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

The PC/PS4 PlatinumGames game that looks like it could be Dark Souls.

Oh I was distracted by work for a little bit. I did see Platinum's name flash up but I missed the rest, my bad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

There was a Platinum announced game. I need more footage since Platinum does enough games these days that I’m not automatically hyped on them anymore at announcement.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Someone got 200,000 points during the Aces Tennis Preview weekend.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/alera/pretournament/index.html

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Nier automata is getting an xbox one port :ohdear: :pray:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Sony still has to go but it looks good, if you discount Devolver Digital. I mean an A+ shitposter may still be a shitposter, but they are also still A+.

I have every expectation that that game will release and people will still be scratching their heads.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm afraid of Fortnite being their big thing and they don't reveal anything new. :ohdear:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE loving MOON posted:

Nier automata is getting an xbox one port :ohdear: :pray:

Yeah, they announced that yesterday during the xbone conference, which was worth watching just to hear one audience guy scream "YEAAAAH MORE TRUCKS!" during the Forza trailer because that's what Xbox fans have to look forward to these days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Lobster posted:

Sony still has to go but it looks good, if you discount Devolver Digital. I mean an A+ shitposter may still be a shitposter, but they are also still A+.

I have every expectation that that game will release and people will still be scratching their heads.

I hope even Chip and Ironicus don't understand it

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm afraid of Fortnite being their big thing and they don't reveal anything new. :ohdear:

They'll have surprise thing, they always do. My guess is Odyssey DLC. Though I guess it might be Fortnite, since hearing it was on its way was legitimately surprising.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I mean you're going for Smash and people are going to like seeing it no matter what

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

lelandjs posted:

Yeah, they announced that yesterday during the xbone conference, which was worth watching just to hear one audience guy scream "YEAAAAH MORE TRUCKS!" during the Forza trailer because that's what Xbox fans have to look forward to these days.

oh, thats a detail i missed. I was at work all day yesterday, didnt watch anything.

edit: I still want a switch port though

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Electric Phantasm posted:

They've never relied on third party as their surprise, at the least it'll be a smash character announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
If that new Spiderman is good it might push me to get a PS4. The trailers and stuff they showed last year made it look kinda poo poo though. Like Batman Arkham Asylum style stalking and then on rails chase sections and QTEs. I just really want a big rear end city and web swinging like Spiderman 2.

• Locked thread