Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

That's not a good sign to me...

might show up at sony showcase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Now that I think about it, I agree.

The latter seems to be a common theme in FF development cycles.

I want to see the final fantasy prototype the deus ex team put together before square shuttered the project and their lead dev quit in a rage.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I know nothing about it and want to preorder the new platinum game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the ff15 interview about the development hell it went through where the director found out an artist worked on a single asset, a random background plant, for months and it had 300k+ polygons which rivaled the effort put into the player characters

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the little kid superhero game looks pretty creative at least

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

extremebuff posted:

the ff15 interview about the development hell it went through where the director found out an artist worked on a single asset, a random background plant, for months and it had 300k+ polygons which rivaled the effort put into the player characters

When original ff14 launched small background objects like barrels were multiple thousands of polygons, more than the player models were, for bi discernable reason.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

love poured into every drop, ff15 is all good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

they had an outside company working on it and then two years in realized they hadnt done anything

Serious Square Executive: Let's see what you have so far.
*Vatislav hands over a drawing of Tifa's boobs*
Square Executive: Hm... Let's give it another year.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The most beautiful barrels youve ever seen.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff posted:

Lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

love poured into every drop, ff15 is all good

Irc it was because the employee was too timid to go ask his supervisor if he should move on to something besides the rock

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The outside team spent two years making Cloud's hair.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Tuning in now what have i missed

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

that's just normal japanese business practice you do what's assigned to you and if you finish then you just stay busy because you have to stay at your job for 20 hours a day 7 days a week until you die at your desk even if you aren't doing anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

New Platinum game and The Quiet Man, which looks like FMV The Bouncer with a deaf adam Jensen

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

So nothing

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh well. I am going to miss the Ubi conference but I'll be back here for the PC one. See you later, Imps.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_7oiNe9IQ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Very nice plants in this game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this is you
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1006230487843536896

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I cant say i agree with those sentiments besides octopath

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there's something endearing about how sincere and uncynical KH is

I can't play them any more due to the sheer embarrassment I feel during every line of dialogue in every single cutscene even though I'm the only one in the room.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish KH was a little easier to play, because I think it would be good for literal children, it's just Disney plus Final Fantasy.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Quiet Man is being made by the original Prey devs btw.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Very nice plants in this game

And barrels.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

The Quiet Man is being made by the original Prey devs btw.

Now I'm excited for it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

impenetrable

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Square has been on the verge of death at least three times without learning any kind of lesson. I'm still glad they haven't hosed off to focus on pachinko or whatever.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
When The Quiet Man speaks...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ArfJason posted:

When The Quiet Man speaks...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had this insane hope that KH3 would ditch all the crazy bullshit and have a new, simpler, focused story. i knew it wouldn't but somehow im still disappointed

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Bethesda: Shows rage 2, which is purely an SP shooter with fast movement and dumb fun super weapons
Announcement of DOOM sequel
Supporting Prey with huge free content updates and fuckawesome DLC
Shows awesome fallout76 gameplauy AND it's slated for a little later this year, despite just being announced
Announced TES6, a game we all thought was dead due to their focus on TESO and silence
Announced a Brand loving New IP in SPACE

internet reaction:

Devolver: Durr. Buttcoin. Buttcoin. Buy a buttcoin. Lootshooter battle royales are loving gay amirite? Anyway heres our lootshooter battleroyale you loving cucks.

internet reaction:

You have AIDS.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

You have AIDS.

it was obviously a joke

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

it was obviously a joke

so youre saying you actually liked devolver's presentation?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

extremebuff posted:

it was obviously a joke

It was a sincere post that you got embarrassed by and decided was a joke halfway through. Clear as crystal. You have AIDS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyway,,. Who’s hype for more BG&E2 footage.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Anyway,,. Who’s hype for more BG&E2 footage.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

It was a sincere post that you got embarrassed by and decided was a joke halfway through. Clear as crystal. You have AIDS

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TFW you do the best riffing of your life in person watching E3 with your gamer friend but you get sad when you see 15000 missed posts in the E3 live thread

• Locked thread