Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

So wait where did all the beasts go? They were all just standing around while the Ghosts of Christmas Past Hokages faded away but then were gone all of a sudden. Did they just decide to book it real quick before someone remembered to stick them in a body?

Also, what's the deal with all these loving eyes? I thought Madara stole the grey ones but now Sasuke has a grey one and Kakashi had two Sharingans but now he has zero sharingans and he didn't even get them ripped out. Also also I thought the Planetary Devastation attack was something only the Rinnegan eyes could do so why is Naruto also yelling when he and Sasuke are double punching Kaguya? Goddamn all this eye poo poo is so stupid.

The Sage of the Six Paths gave Sasuke a Rinnegan at the same time he gave Naruto those orbs. And Kakashi has two Sharingan because of Obito's ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, the war is over, but we can't celebrate just yet! Naruto and Sasuke must combine their powers in order to break the curse on the rest of the world, but Sasuke can't just be satisfied with a happy ending. He's decided to assassinate the world leaders and create a new world order before anyone can saved, and it's up to Naruto to finally, truly beat some sense into him! The final battle of ideals, the long awaited conclusion to Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry, is here!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rock "The Vote" Lee

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Is it finally time for someone to post the Hiashi Master Plan?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Sasuke at the start was fine, and was starting to come around. Especially when he sacrifices himself in the Zabuza arc, taking Haku's attacks for Naruto, and seemingly dying.

But then Orochimaru happened, and then Itachi showed up and hosed him up again (making him mentally relive watching Itachi kill their parents for 3 days). And then much later, A CAVE-IN OF HATRED.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
please LP an anime with better female characters, like Cutie Honey

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Okay seriously I remember distinctly that earlier in the game Obito says he ripped the 1 and 8 tails (or part of them) out of Madara when he and Sakura work on saving Naruto's life. And the 9 tails is definitely totally in that rock that Sasuke is using as a battery. So how is Naruto making big goddamn foxes? Is it through the power of math that Naruto just got a new fox?

Also speaking of the tailed beasts, Killer Bee is loving dead right?

e: I am trying real hard to think of worse anime supporting characters than Sasuke and it's impossible. Vegeta blew up a stadium full of people for kicks but at least he loving felt bad about it later. Sasuke just expects to get away with all his bullshit and have everybody let him be president.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 28, 2018

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Naruto still has the half of Kurama that was in his dad (Minato). Black Zetsu stole it when Minato first tried to pass it to Naruto, but Obito regained control then gave it to Naruto after confronting Madara. Sasuke just sealed the other half of Kurama in the rock.

Killer B isn't dead. He pulled the same trick he pulled on Sasuke: Gyuki (the Oxtopus) severed a tentacle before he was fully extracted, and B absorbed the chakra from it after the extraction. He was shown absorbing the tentacle in the chapter/episode where Madara activated the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Totally forgot this chapter title page happened.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TwoPair posted:

e: I am trying real hard to think of worse anime supporting characters than Sasuke and it's impossible. Vegeta blew up a stadium full of people for kicks but at least he loving felt bad about it later. Sasuke just expects to get away with all his bullshit and have everybody let him be president.

He was also not really in full control of himself at the time.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i think there are two big reasons why sasuke just is at such big odds with naruto at a story, the first is the fact that naruto at its heart is ultimately a optimistic story about how friendship and respect of others will ultimately undo the cycles of war and abuse that have been left behind. sasuke is supposed to represent the opposite point of this, where only brute force and cynicism can allow you to fulfill your goals. except the problem is that this feels completely superfluous because every naruto antagonist since day one has this philosophy, except because sasuke is in the reader's age group you're supposed to think he's cool rather than as much of a villain as the rest. he would fit in something like berserk, but he sure as hell doesn't fit into the comic book about the one about the boisterous teen with love for everyone.

the other big reason is that shonen manga does not know how to ever stop escalating, the stakes need to be higher and higher, so the depths sasuke has to go to, to show you how far he's willing to go, have to also be more and more hosed up. this is a huge problem because sasuke is in the end still supposed to be someone we can maybe still see as a good person at heart, but naruto has no interest in showing us any redemption arc for its characters, so we just end up left with this unlikeable misanthrope who we spend time on because the ending was prolly written before kishimoto was forced to keep going for one million years more.

tl;dr sasuke just doesn't fit in the story and i regret writing a million words on naruto

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

the other big reason is that shonen manga does not know how to ever stop escalating, the stakes need to be higher and higher, so the depths sasuke has to go to, to show you how far he's willing to go, have to also be more and more hosed up. this is a huge problem because sasuke is in the end still supposed to be someone we can maybe still see as a good person at heart, but naruto has no interest in showing us any redemption arc for its characters, so we just end up left with this unlikeable misanthrope who we spend time on because the ending was prolly written before kishimoto was forced to keep going for one million years more.

tl;dr sasuke just doesn't fit in the story and i regret writing a million words on naruto

Don't be ridiculous FF, I'm sure fighting a moon goddess with your magic eye powered mech to break an illusory chokehold on humanity was totally planned from the start.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember how Zabuza just killed people with a sword the size of a bench and that was considered soooooooo far gone that he had to be put down?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Remember how Zabuza just killed people with a sword the size of a bench and that was considered soooooooo far gone that he had to be put down?

It was less that he was a crazy murderer and more that he was killing people Kakashi's team was hired to protect, and he attacked first. Zabuza was absolutely not going to back down at the time, so the only way it was going to end was with someone dying.

Zabuza was only on the Most Wanted List because he abandoned his Village and took one of the Seven Swords with him. The nations are ostensibly at peace, so if Zabuza wasn't a rogue and wasn't immediately hostile, he would have been left to his own devices.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Remember how Zabuza's entrance was him throwing his sword into a tree and standing on it? Remember how cool that was? Early Naruto had potential man, but really, where could it have gone?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Gologle posted:

Remember how Zabuza's entrance was him throwing his sword into a tree and standing on it? Remember how cool that was? Early Naruto had potential man, but really, where could it have gone?

man stands on TWO swords

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

man stands on TWO swords

where do I invest in the kickstarter for your manga?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, we reach the conclusion of Naruto and Sasuke's final clash! Can Naruto shake Sasuke's ideals and convince him to give up on his cycle of hatred and distrust? Or will Sasuke come out on top, proving the necessity of raw power? It's time to close the book on their conflict, but it's not quite the end! There's still a bit of a capstone left in the story, so stay tuned!

:siren: WOW, A PODCAST! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

Today, my friend DeviousVacuum joins me to discuss Kakegurui, a 2017 psychological thriller about high-stakes gambling! We discuss its thrilling games and lovable cast, as well as the themes underneath the surface that keep us coming back!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess the real Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was the friends we made along the way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess the real Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was the friends- and the many people they attempted to murder- we made along the way.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I stopped watching Naruto after Shippuden started but I watched this final fight when it came out and thought it was really well made. Nice to see the "they get weaker as it goes on" shown as a change in gameplay as well.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
why were their arms enveloped in shadow at the end? So do they both now only have one good arm? The camera made a point to focus on that, so I assume it's relevant and important, but then we get..nothing?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man, that literally was the end of Metal Gear Solid 4.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

mastersord posted:

why were their arms enveloped in shadow at the end? So do they both now only have one good arm? The camera made a point to focus on that, so I assume it's relevant and important, but then we get..nothing?

They don't have those arms anymore, like at all. CyberConnect2 just didn't make new Naruto and Sasuke models for the sake of this one scene.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Their arms are straight up severed in the manga. As they said in the video, the way they looked here was partially due to keeping the rating down and partially not wanting to make a new model for each of them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess the real Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was the friends we made along the way.

Shame so many of them died because of our one rear end in a top hat friend.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Their arms are straight up severed in the manga. As they said in the video, the way they looked here was partially due to keeping the rating down and partially not wanting to make a new model for each of them.

People keep saying severed but I like to think they literally blew them up in that last clash.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
That's what happened, their last big energy clash blew their lower arms off.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Waffleman_ posted:

Now wheres that edit of it pooling into a heart

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Now wheres that edit of it pooling into a heart

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really like Kakashi being like "I thought they'd be here". No poo poo buddy, did the loving kaiju fight leading up to several nukes tip you off?

Anyway, I know they're tired at the end but why can't Naruto use his ninja Jesus powers to give them new arms like he gave Kakashi an eye or how he saved Might Guy's life?

e: Also please tell me child Naruto and Sasuke are unlockable fighters for multiplayer.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 5, 2018

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

TwoPair posted:

I really like Kakashi being like "I thought they'd be here". No poo poo buddy, did the loving kaiju fight leading up to several nukes tip you off?

Anyway, I know they're tired at the end but why can't Naruto use his ninja Jesus powers to give them new arms like he gave Kakashi an eye or how he saved Might Guy's life?

e: Also please tell me child Naruto and Sasuke are unlockable fighters for multiplayer.

I'm pretty sure the hands they lost are the ones with the marks the old dude gave them, so I think Naruto lost his bullshit superpowers there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Prythian posted:

I'm pretty sure the hands they lost are the ones with the marks the old dude gave them, so I think Naruto lost his bullshit superpowers there.

Plus if Kagyua comes back they can no longer seal her.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
So they literally went "the main character and his rival (who are both reincarnations of Gods) both beat each other into a near coma, created several magic H-bomb explosions, including one that defaced our historic monuments, and finally severed each other's arms. Let's just go heal them up and pretend nothing happened".

Not to mention most of the world's land-based life is either pulverized by rocks, impaled on magic tree roots, beaten to a pulp, or vaporized by magic nuclear blasts, and no one is saying ANYTHING about any of that. I think even DBZ acknowledges that blowing up mountains and turning cities to craters, actually has consequences.

Naruto's world is just hosed up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
In the last section of the fight, if you try pressing your projectile attack button, Naruto just sorta pulls up a kunai but drops it, and there's something morbidly funny about pulling out a knife on your near death "best friend" while he keeps going BECAUSE WE'RE FRIENDS.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it's time for the post-credits send-off! We get to see the world return to life, see the outcome of Sasuke's proceedings in a court of law, and then get a look at how the world has changed in this new age of peace and prosperity! Thanks for watching our journey through the story mode and the end of Naruto!
Join us next week when we start our dive into the Road to Boruto DLC to check in on a new generation of ninja! As with the spoiler policy on Naruto, please do not talk about the events of Boruto: Naruto the Movie until the LP reaches whatever content you may want to talk about from that film.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's a long trip, but I think it's worth it. Presenting the Hiashi Master Plan, or how some dude thought that the only way for Naruto's story to make sense was that Hinata's father planned all this poo poo out in advance so that the Hyuuga clan could rule the world (Konoha).

https://imgur.com/a/gc6Cc

Slightly NSFW, but not really.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gologle posted:

It's a long trip, but I think it's worth it. Presenting the Hiashi Master Plan, or how some dude thought that the only way for Naruto's story to make sense was that Hinata's father planned all this poo poo out in advance so that the Hyuuga clan could rule the world (Konoha).

https://imgur.com/a/gc6Cc

Slightly NSFW, but not really.

That would actually be so much better than moon mom and what came after as well as whatever the gently caress is going to happen in boruto (its going to be disappointing)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So do all the tailed beasts just take off in the end and now the world just has these friendly Godzillas stomping around? Also watching the character unlocks, are like half the characters in Free Play mode at this point just variations of Naruto and Sasuke?

Also I just feel bad for Sakura at the end. I mean for the whole series she's just been kind of a sad character what with her pining for a war criminal, but her character model at the end looks like she's got more lines under her eyes, like she's just been defeated by life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, so Naruto's other arm is one of those Zetsu clone things? I always just assumed that he grew it back because he had the 9-tails' chakra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, so Naruto's other arm is one of those Zetsu clone things? I always just assumed that he grew it back because he had the 9-tails' chakra.

I think it's more a machine hand than weird magic flesh, but it's a chunk into the Boruto manga before you see one without the bandages.

• Locked thread