Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

oliwan posted:

I literally cannot understand why you would want to live in racist, mono-cultural, boring af southern France of all places instead of NYC, which is probably the second coolest place to live in the western world apart from Berlin.

How long have you lived in NYC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kimoa Kid posted:

How long have you lived in NYC?

I live in Berlin, the longest stretch I have been in NYC for was about 6 months. Why?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Who the gently caress would rather live in NY than southern France

People who like to be in a fast paced cultural hub with a vibrant array of people, things to see, places to eat, etc.

I personally like to be in a rural area close to a nice big vibrant city but far enough out that I can enjoy nature easily.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

oliwan posted:

I live in Berlin, the longest stretch I have been in NYC for was about 6 months. Why?

Because I know a lot of people who live in NYC, and if you ask them "Do you expect to stay in NYC?" the answer is a universal, resounding "gently caress no."

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Because I know a lot of people who live in NYC, and if you ask them "Do you expect to stay in NYC?" the answer is a universal, resounding "gently caress no."

Gonna end my end of the derail here but those people are probably the ones who are in normal, average salary jobs and realize paying 2k a month for a studio isn't worth all the benefits a place like NYC has to offer. It's all what you want out of life after all, some people like the hustle bustle and people watching more than staring at fields and hills.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Then why don't they gently caress off?

On the other hand, all my friends who live in NYC couldn't envisage themselves living anywhere else. Sounds like you're just hanging with the boring bougie crowd op.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The other good thing about NYC is that it deters computer touchers, in my opinion.

(as opposed to San Francisco, for instance)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

oliwan posted:

Then why don't they gently caress off?

On the other hand, all my friends who live in NYC couldn't envisage themselves living anywhere else. Sounds like you're just hanging with the boring bougie crowd op.

They're all journalists and that's where the jobs are.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, thought there'd been a transfer.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
i hope arsenal sign some more people, the torreira guy sounds promising.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I also read that they have a week to change their minds and will do so if the president resigns, but that doesn't seem likely. Rui Patricio had the same clause but went through with it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is the best drama to happen since the drop doctors.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

T Bowl posted:

i hope arsenal sign some more people, the torreira guy sounds promising.

That is looking like it really could happen. Napoli broke off talks with him, because they wouldn't match the wages that Arsenal are offering.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I lived in the south of the France for a year and it’s extremely cool and good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

I literally cannot understand why you would want to live in racist, mono-cultural, boring af southern France of all places instead of NYC, which is probably the second coolest place to live in the western world apart from Berlin.

berlin is so bad lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Resigning from Sporting? The national team?

Players can actually legit resign instead of just not showing up?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1006248816918573057
Verdi to Napoli is done

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Going off past form I expect Leicester to sign the lot within the month.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Did they already sign Inglese too? I remember that being a thing in the winter.

Torreira is good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

what the gently caress has happened at sporting lol. i thought fixed term contracts had issues with just players resigning?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

what the gently caress has happened at sporting lol. i thought fixed term contracts had issues with just players resigning?

Read the Portuguese league thread. The club melted down in the hardest way possible and it ended in the ultras attacking the players at the training ground.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1006292613803266048

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to Di Marzio, Arsenal are in pretty advanced talks for this Torreira dude, and will apparently pay more than his release clause in order to spread out the payments for him.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Di Marzio also said that Juve opened up discussions with Spurs for Dembele

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

trem_two posted:

Di Marzio also said that Juve opened up discussions with Spurs for Dembele

they are going for him or wilshere imo

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
vieira took the job because Nice is a step up in football terms from NYCFC not because the climate's better you mongs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1006433652790575104

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

EC10 posted:

vieira took the job because Nice is a step up in football terms from NYCFC not because the climate's better you mongs

Don't be silly. We all know the way to take a step up is to get your friends in the media to complain that you haven't been given a chance ad nauseam until you're given a job you're not capable of doing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mickolution posted:

Don't be silly. We all know the way to take a step up is to get your friends in the media to complain that you haven't been given a chance ad nauseam until you're given a job you're not capable of doing.

The only works if your'e English

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often

You should read the Serie A thread.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is there a rule on the maximum number of times a player can be transferred in a window or year? Or can you just buy em and flip em like pancakes if you want

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Waroduce posted:

Is there a rule on the maximum number of times a player can be transferred in a window or year? Or can you just buy em and flip em like pancakes if you want

I think you can only play matches for two teams per year (can't remember if it's season or calendar year though) but that wouldn't stop a player from being transferred like ten times in one window while no matches are being played.

Presumably the thing that stops it is that eventually the player would say no and refuse to sign a contract with the next club.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I think you can only play matches for two teams per year (can't remember if it's season or calendar year though) but that wouldn't stop a player from being transferred like ten times in one window while no matches are being played.

Presumably the thing that stops it is that eventually the player would say no and refuse to sign a contract with the next club.

quote:

Players may be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1 July until 30 June of the following year. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs.

edit: it was ammended:

quote:

As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Two

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:bisonyes:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1006488527650029568

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

This is going to be fun.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I hope he does what he did at Lazio and leaves after two days.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

haha no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Looking forward to football hipster journalists making more excuses for Bielsa after another failure

• Locked thread