Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Remember the good times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Oh hey it's me!

Kicking people to death was never not amusing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I miss jail.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Can't wait for Age of Wushu 2, a thing that is certainly going to happen

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

angerbeet posted:

Can't wait for Age of Wushu 2, a thing that is certainly going to happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKbh9mS3bY

I WANT TO BELIEVE

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Yes, they used the best town track! Qiandeng Town. That means thousand lamps for you aspiring wuxiaboos.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That's Age of Wushu Remastered not AOW2 Grithok!!! Not that I could expect you to tell the difference between that and a simple bookcase

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

they are supposed to come out later this year in china around the same time

but aow2 is 100 people servers

neither will come out

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

throw to first drat IT posted:

What game is that?

hello yes hi this is moonlightbladeonline.exe

its a really fun game but after 2 years pay2catchup.exe in CN

in kr they will ban you after one month if you don't know your 5 dollar internet bought KR ssn details/mobile verification, due to butthurt players repeatedly reporting you for "not being a community player"

I've played both and still want this in NA

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Is anyone still playing this??? It has a lot of neat systems but seems like if you don't have a group of like 10 people at least you're kind of screwed for a long time.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Pretty sure it's literally nothing but brokebrained whales.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Got nostalgic today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1s69I6l8k

:allears:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I still remember when one of the Vietnamese guilds tried to gank me while I was fishing and messed up their RG hook so I just skipped away on the water and they didn't have water running.

Fishing always gives you mysterious water powers.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
If there's anything I've learned from Kung Fu movies, it's to never mess with a Kung Fu master while they're doing some incredibly innocent, mundane activity.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I hadn't seen this before - holy poo poo some of the background music is from Gallipoli of all things.... :aaaaa:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Despite all its flaws, Wushu was actually a beautiful game in aesthetic design and great base mechanics.

Also the fast travel being in carriages was really great.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, it really was a beautiful, environmental experience.

Shame everything else was kinda bad.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'd say that if wushu was just slightly better mechanically executed and ran a whole lot better with less blatant cashgrabs then it would have been one of the best MMO experiences to this day. Closed beta was the highlight of the game when we weren't subjected to full snail, those few months were easily the most original experience Ive had in an MMO in years.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
But are you ready for Age of Wushu 2, that hot new game in Unreal Engine 4 that is taking pre-sign ups in china and is totally real and not at all a desperate grab for relevance? Do you believe in magic, in a dog-beater's heart?

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I was reading about that game it is weird seeing such a VAPORWARE looking game getting so much coverage with just NOTHING to show other than the developer shooting the poo poo about what they think would be cool. Maybe the AoW revamp will be cool????

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

not sure vaporware is the word you are looking for

the game exists, a lot of poo poo to do it in, but the developer is scummy, some content was cut for NA, and the translation is bad

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Conceptually, offline players becoming NPCs is cool a heck. Kidnapping them and selling them into indentured servitude was also funny and excellent.

But yes, Snail things ruined it all.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Oh I was talking about AoW2's coverage, which the only thing I've seen is some CGI stills of the environment.

I've tried AoW, but it's too dead to get a lot out of it, because you kind of need a group of people playing around you on your level to not burn out, I feel like.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heartcatch posted:

Conceptually, offline players becoming NPCs is cool a heck. Kidnapping them and selling them into indentured servitude was also funny and excellent.

There is a lot of original poo poo thats great in Wushu. Non standard leveling system that has you interact with people to maximize your levels and not just poopsocking quest or mobs is cool. The ability to learn other schools abilities (at a penalty) or learning neutral schools is cool. The ethical system of the schools (Having to be bat poo poo crazy to join female only hidden school, allowing a single dude in the server to be able to join your bat poo poo coven) + crime and punishment is cool (empress wu and her merry ban of ninja police) Having to chop off your dick to gain ultimate power. Bucket Brigade.

But for every good thing the game had there was a myriad of other problems mostly stemming from incompetence and downright greed.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Heartcatch posted:

And then the teleporting bots came and never loving left and suddenly kidnapping wasn't even vaguely worth your time but it was certainly worth the 1000+ bots time making all those dings.

gently caress this game. Every time I'm like man I wish I could still play it I just remember how frustrating the day-to-day was due to Snail.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Haquer posted:

And then the teleporting bots came and never loving left and suddenly kidnapping wasn't even vaguely worth your time but it was certainly worth the 1000+ bots time making all those dings.

gently caress this game. Every time I'm like man I wish I could still play it I just remember how frustrating the day-to-day was due to Snail.

Sometime it felt there was 2 factions in the dev teams.

One full of bright ideas coding cool uniques game systems (The whole NPC like/dislike system, Life skill battles, Shen needle healing skills, Xu family bonfires, Peach Blossom disguises, weirds arrays and shark riding) while the other job was finding way to gently caress players at every possible occasions.

Having other players PVP the adds on a boss fight was one of the most innovative MMORPG feature i saw but everytime i think about going back "just for fun" i remember the grind to unlock the meridians and suddenly reconsider.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh man being the PvP antagonist in Green Cloud Castle was just the best as a Tangman.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
So, in the brief game montage towards the end of the Microsoft E3 conference, a familiar looking game popped up. Please be excited for Wushu Souls with a 1:1 copy of Snow Sword and 18 Dragon Subduing Palms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pJtQv6hwyw

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

This game owned and I miss it and I'll admit to having gone on giant rambling talks to friends about it before, when I inevitably mention or show something from the good times of the game.

Then I have to go on a similarly giant ramble each time about how snail ruined everything.

I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to get rid of this goofy rear end infographic

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 3, 2018

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

This game owned and I miss it and I'll admit to having gone on giant rambling talks to friends about it before, when I inevitably mention or show something from the good times of the game.

Then I have to go on a similarly giant ramble each time about how snail ruined everything.

:same: and :same:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So I know a guy who knows a guy at Snail and some of this AoW2/Remake talk is interesting.
Remake is CryEngine-based and visually it's comparable to AoW2. Development paused temporarily to focus on AoW2. Public alpha testing has already begun. They might hand it off to Snail USA for a Western release but there's also talk of it being handled entirely by Snail CN. Kinda sucks because I was hoping they'd do a fresh start with Snail USA handling the Western release but I get the sense they'll double down on the poo poo that made people quit in the first place. If Snail USA handles it and they went for a fresh start, they'd be able to change the business model but for now, they're in too deep.

AoW2 isn't doing early access like Dark & Light. Being distributed by Snail CN worldwide, localization constantly being done so content updates should be a simultaneous worldwide release. Has a $30 million budget and they insist it'll release December 2018. Testing should open up sometime soon.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 4, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You are a curse upon threads. Please follow the lady to get out.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I want to have hope that age of wushu can live again. Doesn't mean it will happen but hope isn't so bad.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Wasn't too active, but yeah, I'd like to hope too. Next time I'll try to get in earlier, if there is a next time. :unsmith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I have a good feeling that the next chinagame will be the one!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

You can't go wrong with wuxia games, right? Right? :ohdear:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
If anyone wants to play a garbage chinagame in actual moonrunes, give this one a shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYgGG-HxrU

e: apparently, there's a system to marry NPCs!

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 6, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I would try it but I am busy in bad game project gorgon

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

That looks like fun, but trying to puzzle my way through untranslated stuff on top of everything else might be a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I would, but I'm busy going through my JRPG backlog at the moment.