Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm glad that dude was excited to be in a videogame, too bad its a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I said come in! posted:

We were talking about Bethesda, not Nintendo.

Why talk about Bethesda when you can talk about Nintendo.

Unless you want to talk about how much better Nintendo games are.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Harrow posted:

They're reportedly only showing things that are coming out in 2018, after all.

I'm kind of pissy going into it, the last :effort: release was half a year ago.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

We were talking about Bethesda, not Nintendo.

I was replying to someone comparing Nintendo's strategy of "we're only showing things coming out in 2018" to Bethesda's "Elder Scrolls 6 is going to happen someday" so I was speculating about what Nintendo might show that comes out this year

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I say this as someone that is often critical of Nintendo and wants good things from Sony: Nintendo will have to royally gently caress up to not walk away with E3 this year. Like just the games we know that are already coming alone are enough and I doubt they aren't going to have at least something that hasn't been announced yet. Like to fail this year they'd have to have no new games outside of Star Fox racing, reveal that Smash is just a port of Smash 4 without the licensed characters, only show the Pokemon spinoff rather than the new main game, no Bayonetta footage and only have a cinematic trailer for MP4.

All they have to do to make this legendary is just loving announce Ridley for Smash already!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Taintrunner posted:

I'm glad that dude was excited to be in a videogame, too bad its a bad game

I'm glad he seems to be aware of it, he seems cool

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

XenobladeX port or X2, so that E3 will have a good open world game announced.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

chumbler posted:

XenobladeX port or X2, so that E3 will have a good open world game announced.

That is the opposite of a good open world game announcement?

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

I said come in! posted:

That is the opposite of a good open world game announcement?

XenobladeX was a very good open world they just forgot to implement the actual game into it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There hasn't been such thing as a good open world game since Steambot Chronicles I am sad to say.

So of course the answer is to make a new steambot chronicles.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I have zero interest in actually playing Fallout 76 but I'm very, very eager to see just how broken it is going to be; four people simultaneously creating and destroying and killing and moving objects at the same time in a Bethesda game, my god.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can't make games like they do without the jank!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

glam rock hamhock posted:

All they have to do to make this legendary is just loving announce Shovel Knight and Rabbid Peach for Smash already!

:yeah:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Samuringa posted:

I have zero interest in actually playing Fallout 76 but I'm very, very eager to see just how broken it is going to be; four people simultaneously creating and destroying and killing and moving objects at the same time in a Bethesda game, my god.

lol you think its only four people. No my friend, todd said dozens per server.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

My death was certain
I bumped in to an object
A Bethesda game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also is this the year that companies have completely forsaken just numbering games in a series sequentially

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cannot join Fallout 76 server. Server's mod "Massive Mutant Cocks Clean Edition V4.0" is different from your client's mod "Massive Mutant Cocks V3.3"

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The real question is: can you hold a physics object where a player would spawn and kill them instantly?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tes6 is skyrim 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khajit game when

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Snooze Cruise posted:

There hasn't been such thing as a good open world game since Steambot Chronicles I am sad to say.

So of course the answer is to make a new steambot chronicles.

Granzella are somehow still alive and set to finally drop their delayed-since-the-Tokyo-quake Disaster Report 4 this year so there is at least a studio out there to make our bumpy trot dreams come true.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should just call every new entry in a series by its original title since everybody says "oh it's the new so-and-so" in conversation anyway. Colon subtitle is ugly af aesthetically speaking.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Getting a Colonoscopy To See if You Have Subtitles

e: i imagine this would be like, when you see a medical book and its labeling out all your body parts

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 11, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

$229.99

exquisite tea posted:

They should just call every new entry in a series by its original title since everybody says "oh it's the new so-and-so" in conversation anyway. Colon subtitle is ugly af aesthetically speaking.

Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
BRING ARTS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nintendo's definitely announcing fire emblem switch, at the very least a teaser trailer. its been in development for like 2 and a half years and echoes was done by a b-team and directed by some random guy whose dad gave him a copy of fire emblem gaiden on his deathbed, pretty much solely to buy time for fe switch.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1006256828806762496

oh my god, that game isn't coming out for a very long time

unrelated:

https://twitter.com/PAMaster2/status/1006236690128699392

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oh

well I'll enjoy it in 2022 I guess

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pre-production meeting:

"Is there any other system we can port ES5 to?"

"No."

"Okay, time to start work on ES6."

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
We know literally nothing about starfield besides it being a single-player game, right? The rumor mill is treating it as fact that it's a sci-fi fallout/tes-like but the trailer sure as hell doesn't say that.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

We know literally nothing about starfield besides it being a single-player game, right? The rumor mill is treating it as fact that it's a sci-fi fallout/tes-like but the trailer sure as hell doesn't say that.

Everything's speculation at this point, I'm just hoping for Skyrim meets Mass Effect.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FanaticalMilk posted:

Everything's speculation at this point, I'm just hoping for Skyrim meets Mass Effect.

But DA:I was bad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

You start bound in a space wagon, going down a snowy space mountain. The man next to you is gagged.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TES6 was never going to come this decade. Bethesda said so many times that its the lowest priority for them until they've done at least one more big game (which we now know is Starfield).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Starfield using the main bethesda RPG team would explain the long delay between fallout 4 and tesvi at least

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

People are assuming that because Bethesda can make only one game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what the heck........

https://twitter.com/DREADWYRMTRANCE/status/1006229668217925634

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

My first guess is that it's a reddit meme, since a friend of mine who browses reddit regularly said the exact same thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

it's a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

am i... old...

• Locked thread