Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The robot also then whined about SJW shutting down the creep shots reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/TwitterGov/status/1005661879170052102

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i forgot where i read it but one of the best trump twitter things is how he excluded jack dorsey to his industry council or whatever because they refused to sell the campaign a promoted hashtag of #CrookedHillary with an emoji of a woman with a big bag of cash

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1006173209442553857

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lmao at how corporations have so much money from not paying workers or taxes that they can afford to provide neglected infrastructure support as advertisements.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ikanreed posted:

Lmao at how corporations have so much money from not paying workers or taxes that they can afford to provide neglected infrastructure support as advertisements.

they probably did the math and figured out it was costing their business money by having their delivery drivers’ cars get wrecked and put out of commission by crumbling roads.

I bet they’re only filling holes on main delivery routes pulled from their GPS data.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

they probably did the math and figured out it was costing their business money by having their delivery drivers’ cars get wrecked and put out of commission by crumbling roads.

I bet they’re only filling holes on main delivery routes pulled from their GPS data.

i doubt it. their delivery drivers pull like min wage and any car damage is pushed on to them

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Nah they're filling them on roads rich (ish) people drive on

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Rated PG-34 posted:

i doubt it. their delivery drivers pull like min wage and any car damage is pushed on to them

I doubt it too but it’s not like their business is unaffected if a drivers car stops working.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I doubt it too but it’s not like their business is unaffected if a drivers car stops working.

if a driver can't drive they just fire that person and take on another soul desperate enough to burn an asset for petty cash now

only a handful of people outside of management tend to last more than a few months at a pizza place

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

HEY NONG MAN posted:

nah, it's exclusively about takeout. not a single mention of delivery

it seems to be the latest entry in a stunt-filled advertising campaign for takeout pizzas, mostly consisting of headline-grabbing stunts like this based around the threat of your lovely pizza literally falling apart or something while you take it home in your own car

the last big entry for the campaign was "carryout insurance". it actually had nothing to do with insurance, nor did it cost anything. it was just a bog-standard "if your pizza looks like poo poo, take it back to the store and we'll remake it" guarantee. but by calling it insurance, they managed to grab a bit of buzz from confused people

as for "Paving for Pizzas", the deal Domino's seems to be cutting with cities is that it gets to put an advertising sign next to every pothole they pay to fix. probably a lot cheaper than buying billboard space, and they get a lot more choices about where their ads get placed

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

nah, it's exclusively about takeout. not a single mention of delivery

it seems to be the latest entry in a stunt-filled advertising campaign for takeout pizzas, mostly consisting of headline-grabbing stunts like this based around the threat of your lovely pizza literally falling apart or something while you take it home in your own car

the last big entry for the campaign was "carryout insurance". it actually had nothing to do with insurance, nor did it cost anything. it was just a bog-standard "if your pizza looks like poo poo, take it back to the store and we'll remake it" guarantee. but by calling it insurance, they managed to grab a bit of buzz from confused people

as for "Paving for Pizzas", the deal Domino's seems to be cutting with cities is that it gets to put an advertising sign next to every pothole they pay to fix. probably a lot cheaper than buying billboard space, and they get a lot more choices about where their ads get placed

i take back everything i said about libertarianism

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

but seriously they’re definitely grinding up the bones of older employees and using the detritus as fill.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if Dominos is using organized labor for this work?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

HEY NONG MAN posted:

rofl

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

jesus christ dude be careful with that poo poo. i read that link unprepared and i think i had an aneurysm. no joke my brain broke for about 30s

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
gently caress i mean seriously i can't even describe what i experienced and then i sorta came back to consciousness with a vision of people going on bitcoin bodyheat farming websites to talk about what temperature they overclock themselves to in order to make more money mining bitcoin

"hey guys, what's the consensus on overclocking with induced fevers? i'm making some nice money at my regular old 98.6, but i sure would like to break even on my mining rig and bodysuit some time soon"

"Everybody seems to think 99F is safe, I mean it's some people's ambient body temperature. I've been trying to push past it a little bit recently, seeing a small but significant increase in my btc/day at around 99.6"

"YO BOYS ive been making MAD money at 100.3 which i CALCUlATeD to be the HIGHEST SAFE SUSTAINABLE TEMpERATURE"

"awesome thanks for the advice, what supplements and methods does everybody use to overclock?"

"Best solution we've found for the lowest money is to get yourself a disease like Brucellosis characterized by an undulating fever which can reach as high as 102 for several hours, but generally won't stay up there long enough for you to get brain damage. Obviously, the power fluctuations will cause problems for maximizing mining potential, but it's great bang for your buck once you put in the three months necessary to pay for the triple cocktail antibiotic treatment when you want to go back to stock clockspeeds."

"Yeah, we've had luck ordering unpasturized dairy products from a few family owned French farms with online shipping and an export license."

then there's just a forum called FURNACEHEADS (Medical Advistory) where everybody's at 100.5F or higher and talking about neuroprotectives

Sing Along has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Jun 11, 2018

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lmao halfway through this I started thinking of a post about how I'm gonna get mad coin by getting pneumonia but then I scrolled further down.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/carolrosenberg/status/1006249149682081793

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The heart warming story of an SS officer and an undesirable bonding over a piece of foreign film

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

The heart warming story of an SS officer and an undesirable bonding over a piece of foreign film

lol that movie would win a bunch of awards too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Slavery is still essentially legal in Mauritania

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

Pretty sure there's an italian movie like that already.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Come to think of it thats basically the plot to The Pianist

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

HEY NONG MAN posted:

they're just giving the city money, it's up to the city to hire people to do the actual work...

...the catch being that Domino's is keeping close track of how that money is spent, because their site lists how many man-hours were spent on pizza-funded pothole filling in each city. so they're probably imposing contractual conditions on the money or refusing to pay more than a certain amount per man-hour, regardless of what it actually costs. also, the workers have to use equipment that's covered in Domino's logos and ad print

for example, in Athens, GA, pizza money paid for 12 crewmembers to work for 3 hours on road repaving. in Burbank, CA, the pizza lords funded 8 hours of work by 5 roadworkers to fix 5 potholes on a single road. presumably including the time it took to paint a permanent Domino's advertisement directly onto the road

all hail our benevolent corporate overlords

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

"as i was being sodomized he would yell "this is what you get for loving a stranger in the rear end!" and we'd both laugh"

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The Spanish soccer league's official app stealth activated the microphones to find out whether the users were watching soccer at an unlicensed public location

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1006227134778445824

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ubisoft just announced they're crowdsourcing content for a AAA game lmao

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Well at least that'll make the reality of labor-management relations a bit easier to understand for the libertarian dunderheads in this subculture.

I mean at some point all those modders might start to question why Ubisoft gets all the money (I'm assuming they'll be paid jack poo poo, or at best a pittance). Right? Maybe? A little?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

ubisoft just announced they're crowdsourcing content for a AAA game lmao

havent they already been doing this for years with like skyrim and team fortress 2

or is this some new crowdsourcing where they'll sell it but wont even give the modders a cut

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Well at least that'll make the reality of labor-management relations a bit easier to understand for the libertarian dunderheads in this subculture.

I mean at some point all those modders might start to question why Ubisoft gets all the money (I'm assuming they'll be paid jack poo poo, or at best a pittance). Right? Maybe? A little?

they'll hold some half-assed protest where tons of people say they plan to boycott the game then all roll over and buy the game on day one like a bunch of cucks like gamers have done every other time they get mad about the game companies loving them

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i don't buy games all the time but no one seems to particularly notice

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
the story on this thing is they'll pay if they pick your art to appear in their new game

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
idk what the pay is also gently caress ubisoft and video james

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

havent they already been doing this for years with like skyrim and team fortress 2

or is this some new crowdsourcing where they'll sell it but wont even give the modders a cut

I'm betting they mean it's going to be entirely conceptualized by a mass focus group

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

they're just giving the city money, it's up to the city to hire people to do the actual work...

...the catch being that Domino's is keeping close track of how that money is spent, because their site lists how many man-hours were spent on pizza-funded pothole filling in each city. so they're probably imposing contractual conditions on the money or refusing to pay more than a certain amount per man-hour, regardless of what it actually costs. also, the workers have to use equipment that's covered in Domino's logos and ad print

for example, in Athens, GA, pizza money paid for 12 crewmembers to work for 3 hours on road repaving. in Burbank, CA, the pizza lords funded 8 hours of work by 5 roadworkers to fix 5 potholes on a single road. presumably including the time it took to paint a permanent Domino's advertisement directly onto the road

all hail our benevolent corporate overlords

This stage of capitalism is free if it's late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

SaTaMaS posted:

This stage of capitalism is free* if it's late

*Taken out of delivery driver's wages