Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Isn't it how the CIA learned that KJI had pancreatitis or w/e?

There's a surprising amount of information you can learn from poo and pee in a good assay lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought Donny cancelled this. What a flip flopper no-balls.

He uncancelled it after Lavrov visited KJU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
let me just have a jape about lil' kim jealously guarding hims poops <:mad:>

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought Donny cancelled this. What a flip flopper no-balls.

They accelerated Trump's departure from Singapore because negotiations were progressing so well*

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1006247192326270976?s=19

*actually Kim Jong Un is peacing the gently caress out early so the Trump admin made up some bullshit

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

They accelerated Trump's departure from Singapore because negotiations were progressing so well*

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1006247192326270976?s=19

*actually Kim Jong Un is peacing the gently caress out early so the Trump admin made up some bullshit

So Kim played Trump for a fool to get a bunch of good will, easing of sanctions from Russia/China/SK, and a free hotel stay at the most expensive hotel in Singapore?

Art of the Deal

:smugdon:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m sorry where I come from the US of A sets the deadlines not some tinpot dictator.
No-balls Trump!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Mr. Nice! posted:

SCOTUS just came down and upheld Ohio's removal of voting registration for people who didn't vote. This is blatant contradiction of the NVRA passed in 1993. SCOTUS just made it markedly easier for states to disenfranchise voters.

This and the verdict in the cakeshop case are enough reason to indict several of the judges on the supreme court.

It's not going to happen, though. We're stuck with POS SCOTUS for the forseeable future.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

The Atlantic posted:

“What is it?” I asked. Here is the answer I received: “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/a-senior-white-house-official-defines-the-trump-doctrine-were-america-bitch/562511/

I think I'd almost prefer President Hulk Hogan if we want to go (even further) down this road

Edit: and here comes Sessions with a folding chair!

The LA Times posted:

“Generally, claims by aliens pertaining to domestic violence or gang violence perpetrated by non-governmental actors will not qualify for asylum,” Sessions wrote in his ruling. “The mere fact that a country may have problems effectively policing certain crimes—such as domestic violence or gang violence—or that certain populations are more likely to be victims of crime, cannot itself establish an asylum claim.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-sessions-asylum-20180611-story.html

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 11, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/10/...col-left-region

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

CommieGIR posted:

http://kuow.org/post/immigrant-moms-seatac-prison-could-hear-their-children-screaming

The Trump Era: When we sold our souls down the river at the cost of all our humanity :smith:

See also: Trump Administration Will Stop Granting Asylum To Survivors Of Gang And Domestic Violence (HuffPo link)

quote:

Sessions has made clear for years that he believes most asylum claims are invalid or straight-up fraudulent, and the administration is pushing for legal changes by Congress that would allow the government to turn away or quickly deport more people who claim they fear returning to their native countries. Sessions noted during his speech Monday that most asylum applicants are already deemed ineligible by the courts.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I've been talking about this a bit in the Trump thread - any word on how VAWA/U-Visas and the like would be impacted?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AdamTuss/status/1006276260031496192?s=19

???

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Morbid and quick to judge post incoming but: I can't decide if this is more likely a maga chud trying to get at Mueller to stop the investigation or some super lefty thinking justice is bad because they are being extra racist lately.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Did Sessions finally snap?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Did Sessions finally snap?

Too many jazz cigarettes

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

citybeatnik posted:

I've been talking about this a bit in the Trump thread - any word on how VAWA/U-Visas and the like would be impacted?

I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if a judge used the directive to rule in a way that would affect them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

all clear, lol forever if DoJ HQ got swatted.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
There's no active shooter per Fox 5

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Kuroyama posted:

I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if a judge used the directive to rule in a way that would affect them.

Ech, I'd hope not.

Like, yeah, a large chunk of the asylum stuff that I touch does seem frivolous, but that's partially because it's a hail-mary for some after other attempts to adjust their status. But the solution to that problem is not to gently caress over the actual folks seeking it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

all clear, lol forever if DoJ HQ got swatted.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Negligient Discharge (of a firearm, also public duties)?

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 11, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:d2a:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Watch the Qanon people go apeshit over this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/uid_/status/1005795008581169152?s=21

:thunk:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Deathy McDeath posted:

Watch the Qanon people go apeshit over this.

They go ape poo poo over the sky being above their heads and the existence of the alphabet. I don't put much stock in what they're freaking the gently caress out about beyond advance notice of what President Pissbaby is going to be hearing on Fox.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Being on the other side of the world is rough. Every morning I have to wake up to an absolute torrent of poo poo news about Angry Orange and his band of merry morons, rather than slowly absorbing it throughout the day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

Being on the other side of the world is rough. Every morning I have to wake up to an absolute torrent of poo poo news about Angry Orange and his band of merry morons, rather than slowly absorbing it throughout the day.

Realtalk that sounds much easier to deal with

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Trump plugs it into his "workstation", immediately 2 years worth of unread emails containing the highest intelligence this nation has is copied to the Chinese.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Trump plugs it into his "workstation", immediately 2 years worth of unread emails containing the highest intelligence this nation has is copied to the Chinese.

With that and our OPM data, government has never run smoother

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

gently caress Jeff Sessions.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Viva Miriya posted:

gently caress Jeff Sessions.

gently caress old white men leading this country.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Back in 1956, when the Soviet army crushed the Hungarian uprising, we took in 20,000 refuges and resettled them all over the United States.

I can't help but wonder what Sessions would do if Russia invaded Belarus or Estonia.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Look on the bright side*, we're going to be hearing about how awesome and bigly a deal Two Scoops made tonight for as long as Trump is alive. "Unamerican Obama's nuclear deal fell apart, I MAGA'd all over Little Rocket Man. Fake News Media won't give me a Nobel for it will they?"

*There is no bright side.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Peace on the korean peninsula is a net good. The fact that trump is doing it and probably letting the crazy totalitarian leader keep his nukes and not have to stand trial for having literal concentration camps and killing fields is loving stupid. I hope things change for the good but with fuckface at the helm who knows

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Peace on the korean peninsula is a net good. The fact that trump is doing it and probably letting the crazy totalitarian leader keep his nukes and not have to stand trial for having literal concentration camps and killing fields is loving stupid. I hope things change for the good but with fuckface at the helm who knows

Trump isn't doing poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Trump isn't doing poo poo

He might be buying Trump Pyramid Pyongyang

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Nothing good will come of that meeting. I am psychic.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/martyn_williams/status/1006191512680480768

nothing is going to change except north korea will have actual legitimacy now

edit:

https://twitter.com/PostCultRev/status/1006324034517196800

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

The problem is that North Korea has no reason to give up its nukes. Threat of US invasion exists, but the chance of that happening is correspondingly less the more nukes they have. If they are happy enough with their current deterrent and miniaturization, there is no reason to continue nuclear testing. If their theoretical reach includes the Continental US, there is no reason to continue testing ICBM's. The only way this works out as a deal between the two countries is a halt on both of those things, which may have reached a point where it doesn't matter much to the North Koreans. This is a good thing. They are a nuclear power. Wishing they weren't is childish at this point.

South Africa denuclearizing is very much a fluke of location and lack of threats, not likely to be repeated. Ukraine and Kazahkstan denuclearized during Russia's weakest moment, a huge mistake for Ukraine at least. It really is a wonder of what the possible goals could be for a summit like this.

• Locked thread