Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

BGE was so good and to see it shoved into this modern Ubisoft poo poo is disheartening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Elijah Woods going on stage and excitedly whispering "psychologically mind-bending thriller VR experience" was the highlight of the day for me

that and the hitman 2 trailer honestly washed away all the other terrible poo poo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I did play Final Fantasy X. ANd I played Blitzball. And it was good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

that and the hitman 2 trailer honestly washed away all the other terrible poo poo

oooo did they show any more Hitman stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also yakuza games coming to pc is pretty surprising.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Uncharted Guy: I'm gently caress you.

Uncharted Gal: Not so fast slick. First we need to get the Golden Tablet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

On one of my BOTW streams Kongming said "wow just seeing this makes me want to play again. But I'd have to buy it on Switch" and then 2 hours later I got a little pop up notification that he just launched BOTW.

I have a structured settlement and I need cash now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Also yakuza games coming to pc is pretty surprising.

is fist of the north star also coming???

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

oooo did they show any more Hitman stuff.

crowd stealth in hitman 2 and the breifcase isnt just for the sniper but all the gear which makes me think youll have like breifcase space to manage a loadout instead of a set number of items which could be cool

also makes me wonder if theyll bring back the suit retrieval bonus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

crowd stealth in hitman 2 and the breifcase isnt just for the sniper but all the gear which makes me think youll have like breifcase space to manage a loadout instead of a set number of items which could be cool

Yeah..he'll Yeah.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

HormelChili showed up to my Final Fantasy X stream as soon as I started the Blitzball tutorial, said, "Blitzball was so good", left as soon as I was done, and within 4 hours I saw him playing FFX.

lol

I wanted to play this with my brother once but I knew he would't so I just did the "DUM-DADA-DUM!" from before Blitzball matches until it got stuck in his head and he said "I suddenly feel like playing Final Fantasy X."

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

In Training posted:

Elijah Woods going on stage and excitedly whispering "psychologically mind-bending thriller VR experience" was the highlight of the day for me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Daikatana Ritsu”" post="“484972625”"]
BGE was so good and to see it shoved into this modern Ubisoft poo poo is disheartening.
[/quote]

It’s so weird I can’t really form an opinion on it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lol

I wanted to play this with my brother once but I knew he would't so I just did the "DUM-DADA-DUM!" from before Blitzball matches until it got stuck in his head and he said "I suddenly feel like playing Final Fantasy X."

cool monarch programming you fed POS

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ahaha

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I will absolutely buy that game day 1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it works on everyone, my roommates fell for it too :getin:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol I would seriously be so hyped about Resident Evil style block puzzle inventory management . But yeah IT it wasn't at a conference but there's a big video up with stuff from the first mission. I'd be happy if we were just getting that and they were doing episodic again, beyond stoked for it to come out all at once

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Well. Spider-Man 2 on ps2 was godlike. But I don't trust any Sony first party game to be anything approaching cool.

It's insomniac so I have a small hype

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I never played an Uncharted game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I played the zombie one they made after Uncharted. It was okay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol I can't believe I talked poo poo about djWheat. Whoops. Hail.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

does last of us count as uncharted cause i played that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Oh yeah?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I've only played some of 4 because I got it for free and it's entertaining and has high production values but it's criminal how shallow the actual "game" part of it boils down to and it gets mind numbingly boring when you realize the structure of the game is never going to change. Also the multiplayer is really really horrible and the mp in Last of Us was sweet so it makes me think that they just lucked out with that game and won't repeat it for TLOU2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao the webcomic based battle Royale wasn't a joke

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

did they show anything about valkyria chronicles 4? hoping its not as crappy as 2 and 3 look

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Last Of Us MP is basically the closest thing to MGS4's Metal Gear Online mode that exists now and if anyone has a copy sitting around I recommend trying it just for that . It's got a heavy stealth focus and lots of traps and gadgets and stuff and felt really fresh when I first played it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This might be the first e3 where every show , discounting EA of course, had at least one game I was interested in

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

does last of us count as uncharted cause i played that

I watched a roommate play through the first Uncharted and the stealth mechanics seemed kind of the same, I think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

This might be the first e3 where every show , discounting EA of course, had at least one game I was interested in

This is the first one I've watched more than 3 minutes of since 2007 I believe. And it was a huge mistake. But I have nothing else to watch at the mome and everyone's watching this so streaming would be a waste.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I watched a roommate play through the first Uncharted and the stealth mechanics seemed kind of the same, I think.

also the general pacing of cut scenes into the next stealth section. they feel very related to each other IMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

This is the first one I've watched more than 3 minutes of since 2007 I believe. And it was a huge mistake. But I have nothing else to watch at the mome and everyone's watching this so streaming would be a waste.

The emotional gravitas of Sony's incredible first party output is gonna blow your mind dude. Hope you're ready for a feels injection straight your eyeballs.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

same but unravel two from EA looked nice

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I bet BFV mp will be fun for ppl who like those games. On paper I'm really down with vehicles and flying and destructible environments and stuff but I've tried a couple Battlefield games and it's never clicked. I can't call it bad but it's not for me at all

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

The emotional gravitas of Sony's incredible first party output is gonna blow your mind dude. Hope you're ready for a feels injection straight your eyeballs.

At least Aris will be streaming it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He talks and laughs loud enough to drown out the armchair game industry strategists.

• Locked thread