Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who's that guy even supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

lol how is Greg Horny getting worse

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
an immense feeling of regret washes over bruce wayne as he crosses the threshold

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

It looks like his entire midsection is missing about a foot of his torso/hip area. Like he's just legs and upper chest.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Poser is the future

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
got his shins blown off by th' nazzies

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It even looks like Bruce is clipping through Selina...

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
How the gently caress do you get away with a loving poser screenshot for a big tentpole comics cover.

How the in the gently caress.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Disproportionation posted:

How the gently caress do you get away with a loving poser screenshot for a big tentpole comics cover.

Name recognition, no joke. Greg Horn is a popular skeeve artist

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is Greg Horn a pseudonym

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Due to hair placement Selina's face looks like a mask.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
They look like one of those movie posters where the faces are obviously pasted in because they couldn't get the actors in for a photoshoot at the same time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Disproportionation posted:

Heck, the main Batman artist right now uses CG models (a little more artfully.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

frodnonnag posted:

It looks like his entire midsection is missing about a foot of his torso/hip area. Like he's just legs and upper chest.

It is missing. I don't have time myself to draw the lines just now, but Bruce's right leg is attached to his left hip.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

She's got some big feet. Bigger than Bruce's.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I said it in the DC thread but it looks like Selina is badly photoshopped into the cover like a bad photoshop for a movie poster where it is clear that the actors weren't around for the poster picture taking session (or whatever it is called). For it to look like that for a "drawn" cover is quite amazing.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Teenage Fansub posted:

True, but to be honest using CG models as a base for complicated or hard to reference poses is fine, it's like using an art mannequin and there's clearly more effort done on top of that.

This is just...dude took a poser render and put it through a paint filter, it's so bizarre to see.

Disproportionation fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 12, 2018

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How come so many professional American comic artists seemingly can't draw or compose anything appealing? It's absolutely bizarre.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

How come so many professional American comic artists seemingly can't draw or compose anything appealing? It's absolutely bizarre.

The universal design rule. Good, Fast, or Cheap: you can only have 2 of 3 of those.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why are there faces in the rose petals?

Edit: I guess they are supposed to be villains but other than the bad penguin one it's kind of hard to tell who they are supposed to be.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

Why are there faces in the rose petals?

Edit: I guess they are supposed to be villains but other than the bad penguin one it's kind of hard to tell who they are supposed to be.

Oh god I just saw the Riddler question mark petal and the literal penguin shaped petal, that is so dumb

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

IUG posted:

She's got some big feet. Bigger than Bruce's.

Poser models famously have really incredibly lovely anatomy, that is a signature DAZ Victoria 4 foot :jerkbag:

all this time spent and money earned and he never bothered to learn how to light worth a poo poo, even by straight Poser user standards that's a bad render.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah if you're gonna do superheroes in poser do it right

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I really like Janin's layouts so I will give him a bit more slack for his models.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah if you're gonna do superheroes in poser do it right

I would read this

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

site posted:

I would read this

Here's where it's from but most of the images are long dead :(

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=233067

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The editor was originally like 'No way am I putting my good name and the name of the company on this trash". But then they looked up at the clock in their office, saw it was beer o'clock and just went "gently caress it who cares, just pay the man lol."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lobok posted:

The editor was originally like 'No way am I putting my good name and the name of the company on this trash". But then they looked up at the clock in their office, saw it was beer o'clock and just went "gently caress it who cares, just pay the man lol."

I wish I could be so optimistic to think that the first sentence of this post has ever happened in the history of comic books

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

purple death ray posted:

I wish I could be so optimistic to think that the first sentence of this post has ever happened in the history of comic books

I'm sure Jim Shooter said something to that effect any time a story about gay people came across his desk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Original Writer has said it bunches

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Can I get some help here? I'm trying to track down a short-lived 90s Marvel POS superhero comic series that had some God-awful name like "Techno Force" or something. I ran across some old issues in a bargain bin years ago and now wish I had picked them up.

All I remember is that it had a very " Image Comics" feel to it, with off-brand artwork and a guest appearance by Wolverine in its first issue.

If no one remembers this, can anyone suggest a resource where I could look up defunct Marvel titles from the 90s?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So is Greg Horn ruining Batman's big moment on the interior art or is he just ruining the cover?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just a variant cover. Every artist in the world is doing 1-3 variants.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Death Ray posted:

Can I get some help here? I'm trying to track down a short-lived 90s Marvel POS superhero comic series that had some God-awful name like "Techno Force" or something. I ran across some old issues in a bargain bin years ago and now wish I had picked them up.

All I remember is that it had a very " Image Comics" feel to it, with off-brand artwork and a guest appearance by Wolverine in its first issue.

If no one remembers this, can anyone suggest a resource where I could look up defunct Marvel titles from the 90s?
Fantastic Force? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Force

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Mmm... nope! The title may not have "force" in the name, but I seem to recall it had some technological/computer theme.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
One of the Ultraforce series? The ones they took from Malibu.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You can search through here: http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

goatface posted:

One of the Ultraforce series? The ones they took from Malibu.

Still no! It is also nothing from this list: https://www.cbr.com/bad-90s-marvel-teams/

Oh God... some conspiracy must exist to hide all memory of this book.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
One of the Marvel UK titles? Warheads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Death Ray posted:

Still no! It is also nothing from this list: https://www.cbr.com/bad-90s-marvel-teams/

Oh God... some conspiracy must exist to hide all memory of this book.

I loved Strangers as a kid. This doesn't mention the lady that can control clothes, but it does have the gay guy who can burn in any color of the rainbow!