Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

death stranding is going to be the best game ever made. just five more E3's to go of norma reedus walking before we can play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

were the musical stingers not leading up to Dreams? lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SUNKOS posted:

Starting to think Death Stranding is just a Kojima walking simulator, first gameplay footage seems to imply as much anyways. I guess they're saving gameplay mechanics for E3 2019, E3 2020 or E3 2021? Or you really just do walk around barren landscapes carrying stuff?

My friend if you look at MGS4 its mostly a walking simulator already. There are guns but you really don't spend much time running around shooting dudes. You spend a lot of time walking around from A to B, then stopping, then hiding for a bit, then more walking, then a 2 hour cutscene.

That's pure unadulterated Kojima.

The really cool things about MGS5 people liked where it was a big open sandbox of shooting mechanics was the engineers at Konami making a game out of what Kojima gave them. Now he's going full George Lucas.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Nodelphi posted:

People get so worked up over this stuff. I enjoyed some of the stuff presented yesterday and a lot of the stuff I saw today. Games are cool and good and I like games.

same

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

yeah, won e3 for me just means showed the most games I wanted to play. They had Sekiro and DMC5 and... something I forget. Literally all of the games were non-exclusive and nobody in their right mind should care about Gears or Halo at this point, but their conference was miles better than Sony's.

A lotta people are saying nintendo are gonna win but what are they gonna show? Another Smash?
show yoshi, metroid, mario tennis, fe, etc. they announce 2 new games and its automatic

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I liked the quick draw samurai game. Does anyone know anything about it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Did Spidey just kick that man off a skyscraper? :rip:

I saw him dropkick at least two men into the great hereafter

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

SUNKOS posted:

Starting to think Death Stranding is just a Kojima walking simulator, first gameplay footage seems to imply as much anyways. I guess they're saving gameplay mechanics for E3 2019, E3 2020 or E3 2021? Or you really just do walk around barren landscapes carrying stuff?

There was a part where he got to the edge of a cliff and pulled out some Bazzooka-looking thing, but it cut or faded before he did anything w/ it

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

lvl 20 weeb vs lvl 99 weeb

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Super Smash Bros Showdown is gonna blow people's minds and is really all Nintendo needs, though showing off some Bayonetta 3 would make me happy

Agreed on the Bayonetta point. That would make my month.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

That Control game is also coming out on Xbox and PC.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SUNKOS posted:

Yes

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Policenaut posted:

This conference would have been so much better without the THIRTY MINUTES of TLoU 2 fart smelling. gently caress off Naughty Dog.

i'm not even particularly interested in it but thats silly, it was one of like... one actually impressive looking games.

death stranding looks great but is literally just walking atm

ghosts looks... kinda basic for what it is, ill take it though, nice leaves

spiderman is spiderman 2 in 4k with batman combos

tLoU2 at least looked like it had some interesting improvised combat if that wasn't all bullshit

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nodelphi posted:

People get so worked up over this stuff. I enjoyed some of the stuff presented yesterday and a lot of the stuff I saw today. Games are cool and good and I like games.

:emptyquote:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When I think professional games conference, I think hoodies

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
This is giving me flashbacks to that Spider Man 2 game they made for Gamecube/PS2.
That is a very good thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKeny1 posted:

death stranding is going to be the best game ever made. just five more E3's to go of norma reedus walking before we can play it

maybe Kojima is doing a really meta thing and by E3 2025 we'll have seen the entire game through previews

the game was actually an art-installation by way of E3 presentations

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

holy poo poo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I want to thank you and Insomniac for MAKING IT.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Be careful who you make fun of in high school

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

The really cool things about MGS5 people liked where it was a big open sandbox of shooting mechanics was the engineers at Konami making a game out of what Kojima gave them. Now he's going full George Lucas.

thank gently caress

MGS5 had easily the best gameplay and a nothing story, if they could give that game a good story it would be amazing

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Spidey is gonna be good.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

SUNKOS posted:

You also get instant death stealth sections against invisible enemies

Like I'm sure there's gonna be more to it what with all the talk about death, but I mean, it was still that

Lambs
Feb 11, 2014

Norman Reedus will age in the game as he ages during development. It will be called art.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

spider-man looks dope as hell

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

nopantsjack posted:

i'm not even particularly interested in it but thats silly, it was one of like... one actually impressive looking games.

I think he means the thirty minutes they wasted on moving the whole audience over to a new venue

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
feels like this spiderman game is 5 years too late

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Microsoft killed it this year.
Sony deserve all the poo poo they're going to cop for this

Literally impossible for Nintendo to gently caress up a prerecorded Direct.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lessail posted:

cause they've been showing it off for five years adn it feels like it should have been released before the movie

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Looking forward to playing Death Stranding on the PS5. It will be at E3 a minimum of 2 more shows.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lessail posted:

yep

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

nopantsjack posted:

death stranding looks great but is literally just walking atm

ghosts looks... kinda basic for what it is, ill take it though, nice leaves

spiderman is spiderman 2 in 4k with batman combos

tLoU2 at least looked like it had some interesting improvised combat if that wasn't all bullshit

The pacing of that Conference was insanely bad. TLoU 2 might be a great game but the entirety of Square-Enix happened in the duration of the conference starting to the actual first real trailer happening. That's insane. Sony's weird pretentious setting killed this so hard and it took loving REmake 2 to save it. If the entire thing had been a shorter conference in the same building it would have been much better.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Microsoft killed it this year.
Sony deserve all the poo poo they're going to cop for this

Literally impossible for Nintendo to gently caress up a prerecorded Direct.

they did kill the xbox yes, I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisneyXD's restream cut out the lesbian kiss but kept all the violence

• Locked thread