Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Pick posted:

Sell the copy of Atlas Shrugged to someone, but when they show up to pay, kick him in the nuts and run off with the money and keep the book. it's what she would have wanted.

:emptyquote:

EDIT: gently caress, what a lousy page snipe. I .. uhh ... just got breakfast? Quiche and a southwestern-style egg and sausage wrap? Got nothin' :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Over the course of the last month or so!

New house on 12 acres of land!

Crapton of paint for the interior

Doggy prison

Need a new mower for said 12 acres

Remodeling the kitchen. Before:

After, gel stained the cabinets, painted the awful green laminate countertops, new appliances, still need to redo the flooring and backsplash tiles.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Post dog selfie.

(Gratz!)

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Aramek posted:

Post dog selfie.

(Gratz!)

Really ought to get some more doggo pictures. Hard to take a good picture with all three not derpin everywhere.

Temporary doggo prison

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

In my head you paid for this all with Amazon gift cards.

Congrats! Looks amazing and very jealous. Both the house and the pups.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I fully support private dog prisons.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

I fully support private dog prisons.

I do too, but give them a couple of those toys...that's just mean.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

colas posted:

I do too, but give them a couple of those toys...that's just mean.

That was taken when we literally had just signed the papers and walked into the house. They were only locked up for the time it took us to unload some stuff from the truck. Otherwise, they get the baby gate!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Coffee And Pie posted:

New 35mm friend off eBay

Now to find a place that will develop it...

The seller for this never shipped this or responded to my messages so I’m gonna lodge a complaint. Meanwhile, this should be in Thursday

Edit: lmao the new one just shipped about an hour after I paid for it

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Jun 12, 2018

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Because I'm classy as gently caress and it was $7. Good enough for hot days and simmering bratwurst.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

How have I not heard of "America's Classic Beer", which America?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

colas posted:

Trump’s America

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Casu Marzu posted:

Because I'm classy as gently caress and it was $7. Good enough for hot days and simmering bratwurst.

:hampants:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

colas posted:

North America.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Seven freedom bucks for 30 beers? My god. That'd cost us 40 bucks up here in Ontario.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Seven freedom bucks for 30 beers? My god. That'd cost us 40 bucks up here in Ontario.

:911:

That's not even the cheapest I've seen. Pretty sure I"ve seen Natty Ice or Milwaukee's Best for less.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

Goddamn that's cheap, I think we pay a full $13-15 for 30 Hamm's. I've been noticing it's getting more and more recognition outside of the middle of nowhere now, and I can only hope that it doesn't get too trendy and get expensive, cause it's been the cheap lovely beer of choice here for years now, at the very least since a local bar started selling them for $1 a can.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Casu Marzu posted:

Protip: Hamm's on tap is even better than in a can.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I saw in a convenience store the other day that Natural Ice now is called Natty Daddy's on the packaging and I almost respected it enough to buy that trash

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

Casu Marzu posted:

a 30 pack of beer for loving 7 dollars?

There's no way. post the receipt.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's less than 25 cents a beer! Why didn't you buy a pallet of them?!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When I was a kid I had a ceramic Hamm's piggy bank. Got it for a quarter at a garage sale. Didn't know it was a beer, I just liked the bear... skunk thing.

My grandpa, every time he saw it, would say something like, "That poo poo sucks!"
I thought he hated my taste in ceramic piggy banks but it turns out he was warning me.

He was right

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Etrips posted:

Need a new mower for said 12 acres

Enjoy tearing up the lawn if you do a tight turn. (I actually test-drove lawn mowers for my job for a while.)

e: I got to test the Official NASCAR lawnmower that year and it was utter poo poo and didn't even fit between all the hedges but you could do wheelies on it and it had a cup-holder.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's less than 25 cents a beer! Why didn't you buy a pallet of them?!

Have you ever had Hamm's? There's a reason it's that cheap.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good sir, I have helped drink a bar out of Hamms before.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hamm's isn't any worse than other lovely beers, and when I visit my friends out in the boonies of northern Illinois I can get drafts of it for a dollar apiece. I'm 100% on board with Hamm's.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

The best BBQ in the world is in Kansas City and the longest you should wait for any of it is 30 minutes.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I really like Gates and Joe's when we visited there.

Hell yeah and HELL YEAH to these. I'd take Arthur Bryant's over Oklahoma Joe's, but Gates is close enough to Union Station that when I take a train back I make sure to pick up a Gates burnt ends on a bun to go

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I would, and I'm not kidding, punch a man square in the face for a plate of Gates burnt ends and some pickles.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I'm a vegetarian now but if you set down some Oklahoma Joe's better watch you don't get your fingers bitten.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Enjoy tearing up the lawn if you do a tight turn. (I actually test-drove lawn mowers for my job for a while.)

e: I got to test the Official NASCAR lawnmower that year and it was utter poo poo and didn't even fit between all the hedges but you could do wheelies on it and it had a cup-holder.

What riding lawnmower doesn’t have a beer holder? Also already learned that lesson quite early. Whoops!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I'm a vegetarian now but if you set down some Oklahoma Joe's better watch you don't get your fingers bitten.

Kansas City Joes now! Give me a ZMan any day of the week with some Night of the Living and I am a happy man.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good sir, I have helped drink a bar out of Hamms before.

When aforementioned local bar first put Hamm's on for a dollar, they sold the distributor out of Hamm's on three separate occasions before they started ordering in larger quantities. They started carrying Schmidt's for a time as back-up Hamm's.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There is a bar out in Steven's Point Wisconsin that some of my really good friends used to go to where they started a tradition of drinking a little dive bar Morey's out of Hamms after some 5k run they have every year. It eventually got sponsered by Hamms and they would give out merchandise and ship like thousands of beers to be drank to try and "win." I went maybe 3 years for it and we drank the bar out 2 of those times. I think I have pictures on one of my phones.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think I have pictures on one of my phones.

Look at this playa-playa over here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't be too impressed. I just don't throw cell phones away when I replace them. I was rocking a Galaxy s4 up until two months ago.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pictured, a classy bar:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pictured, a classy bar:

Cuidado, indeed. A pile of empties that tall represents a significant amount of human suffering.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Casu Marzu posted:

Hamm’s: the beer for the road.

Used to drink this back in college. It’s a midwest tradition of cheap, somewhat palatable beer. I also remember someone buying a ridiculous toucan pitcher that held exactly two cans of Hamm’s, leading to the Toucan Two-Can Hamm Slam.

Also, to keep vaguely on topic: bought a bunch of tiny mdf buildings to build and eventually use to simulate the apocalypse via nerdy games.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

There is a bar out in Steven's Point Wisconsin that some of my really good friends used to go to where they started a tradition of drinking a little dive bar Morey's out of Hamms after some 5k run they have every year. It eventually got sponsered by Hamms and they would give out merchandise and ship like thousands of beers to be drank to try and "win." I went maybe 3 years for it and we drank the bar out 2 of those times. I think I have pictures on one of my phones.

Oh hey I've drunk at Morey's before. Ahhh I miss central Wisconsin drinking.

Smackdillion posted:

a 30 pack of beer for loving 7 dollars?

There's no way. post the receipt.

No receipt anymore sorry. It's normally like $9.39 or something for a 30 pack at the gas station, which is still insanely cheap. I can take a picture of that next time.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
A lot of people with no taste buds in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
And vapid alcoholism. I bring Hamm's for us to drink after our soccer games