Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Just imagine the photo mode potential with that loveable fat sack of poo poo Wario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Netflix/Hulu/YouTube is just one more reason people have to not put their Switch in the corner of their house to collect dust between big releases

Instead of playing Breath of the Wild while you boil hot dogs, you can now watch someone else play Breath of the Wild, like a normal person

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
star fox is coming to mario odyssey and to splatoon2. this will be the year of star fox being in literally everything

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
octopath traveler dlc will be star fox

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
star fox in fire emblem (fuckable)

E; star fox will be the player character's little sister

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

If Star Fox Grand Prix is real, I want the storymode to start like Diddy Kong Racing or whatever, then halfway through Andross shows up, starts destroying poo poo, and the game goes into regular Star Fox mode.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

There will never be another star fox game. Never!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Jimmy Hats posted:

star fox in fire emblem (fuckable)

E; star fox will be the player character's little sister

your real little sister!!

laser~ laser~

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i like rail shooters, maybe they should make one of those with this fox guy

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Lobster posted:

Sony conference went over like a wet fart if you ask me. Nintendo just has to show up tomorrow.

Lots of games I will buy (but already knew about...) so, agreed.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I always wanted a Star Fox rip-off of the Rogue Squadron games.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Evidently, Nintendo is aware of the netcode issues with Mario Tennis Aces, and are looking to improve it by the game's release.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Super Mario Odyssey: F.L.U.D.D.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there actual tactics to Sushi Striker or is it mainly "grind levels, hope you get lucky with the RNG"

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Starlink is such a dumb idea and yet I want all of those stupid plastic spaceships for myself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Roadie posted:

Starlink is such a dumb idea and yet I want all of those stupid plastic spaceships for myself.

Same. I want that arwing toy since it looks to be an actual toy and not just some statue.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

9 hours remain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchkqXEg0qs

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

lelandjs posted:

*facepalm* I somehow had it in my head that Ubisoft (well one of their smaller studios) made Ori, my bad.

[Edit: I have the stream on mute because I'm on a call, someone tell me why the kid from Third Rock from the Sun is on the stage, is Third Rock alien a race in Beyond Good & Evil 2?]

Ubisoft made Child of Light which were both artsy 2D metroidvaniaish games set in a forest that came out close to each other. Child of Light had this weird turn based combat though

I liked both of them but never finished them, another casualty of "games I buy on PC". I have a much better success rate finishing games on Consoles for some reason

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ubisoft made Child of Light which were both artsy 2D metroidvaniaish games set in a forest that came out close to each other. Child of Light had this weird turn based combat though

I liked both of them but never finished them, another casualty of "games I buy on PC". I have a much better success rate finishing games on Consoles for some reason

:same: although steam link's helping, i think it's because it removes the temptation to shitpost instead of playing video games like a normal productive human being

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dr. Fetus posted:

Evidently, Nintendo is aware of the netcode issues with Mario Tennis Aces, and are looking to improve it by the game's release.
It's out next week. :confused:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

PC games are just more affordable. If I spend €50 on a Switch game you better believe I plan to play it right away and not just stash it in my hoard.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

goferchan posted:

I've been playing Trials Fusion again and I don't really understand how you'd play it without analog triggers. I guess it's technically playable on PC with a keyboard so it's possible? But I can't imagine being able to beat some parts without having fine control over acceleration

goferchan posted:

I'm sure somebody much better than me has beaten all the hardest levels out there using a keyboard but being able to just feather the gas seems really hard to give up. Trials is probably the most brutal precision platformer I've ever played lol, Celeste and The End Is Nigh got nothing on it

edit: also be excited if you haven't played it. I think Trials Fusion is the best non-Nintendo platformer I've played this console gen and the sequel looked great from what Ubi showed
:gitgud: :smugbert:

Actual reply: at a certain point you end up just maxing throttle anyways to beat the platinum times or other people, analog triggers just slow you down. They're mainly just useful for super steep slow crawls, but a lot of the time on those you can come in with momentum or attack them at full throttle if you have the rider body control down for it. Besides being a lot faster it can make things easier as well since you don't have to be as careful about it.

I started on Trials 2 way back, then got a 360 for Trials HD. Towards the end my wrists were jacked up from playing so much, particularly from the right trigger. I think I played with an arcade stick for a while before going back to the controller and just using the face button for gas from that point on for the most part.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/htmhYsc.mp4

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

^ lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Cant wait until Aces comes out. Was really into that demo. Only beat one tournament though. As Toad of all fuckin characters

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

There will never be another star fox game. Never!

why would you say these hurtful things

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People always say theres never gonna be another Starfox, or Metroid, or F-Zero game.

Well they got 1 out of 3 but still, lets be optimistic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There isn't going to be any Oddyssey dlc, ever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zas posted:

i like rail shooters, maybe they should make one of those with this fox guy

What's the difference between a rail shooter course and a race track? They're extremely similar if you think about it.

Take the first level of Star Fox 64, split the screen in two. Now imagine the silver rings you get from killing enemies instead of refilling your health refilled the boost meter. That's a racing game baby

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

There isn't going to be any Oddyssey dlc, ever

There already was

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean real dlc. Three will be no characters or levels

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Actually Ubisoft announced an Assassin Creed/Mario Odyssey crossover DLC.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sunning posted:

If the Switch sells ten million in its second year, then it would be the first Nintendo system in history to sell less units in its second year when compared to its first years. The vast majority of systems sell better in their second year due to better supply and a larger library of games.

Engagement is becoming more and more of an important factor than the sheer size of a system's userbase. A power user who spends $5000+ in games/subscriptions/microtransactions is worth worth much more than a casual user who might buy a half dozen games each year.

Yeah this isn't game specific either. Customer Relationship Management, Loyalty programs being data driven and selling it to your board with buzzwords like MACHINE LEARNING are being pushed hard by companies today

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/amiti_/status/1006358962026008581?s=21

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The new star fox is a space battle royale with racing elements

they should also make a new vigilante 8 and call it vigilante 100

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah this isn't game specific either. Customer Relationship Management, Loyalty programs being data driven and selling it to your board with buzzwords like MACHINE LEARNING are being pushed hard by companies today

Apologies in advance for :words:

“Ecosystem” is the prevalent idea behind this wave of customer theory. Most of the major players is the business consulting space (Bain, Deloitte, etc.) have sold their customers on the idea that short term sales/profit numbers, physical locations, and open platforms aren’t the way to succeed in the future. They are pushing that the companies sink a ton of money developing an ecosystem that provides value to the customer upfront but ultimately traps the customer in that companies ecosystem due to sunk cost. Think Apple and Amazon.

From a gaming perspective, exclusives, multiplayer, “freebies”, lots of apps, and transferability of purchases across same ecosystem devices are good ways to push this.

Sony has heavily pushed this through PS Plus, Vue, and PS Now. They have most major apps, they have a huge install base, and they are spreading to smart TVs. They still have a long way to go to catch up to Apple but they are there.

Microsoft shat the bed really hard with “tv, tv, tv, sports, sports, sports” instead of actually doing what brought to their platform, games. Now there ecosystem approach is “what poo poo can we buy well after they have reached peak popularity without really understanding the user base or what made them successful to force users into our ecosystem?” So they buy studios, ips, and things like Github and run them into the ground.

Nintendo has more or less said “gently caress that theory. We’re just going to make a game system.” Good for you Nintendo.

It’s interesting to watch and wonder what stupid consultant poo poo made a company make a horrible.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 12, 2018

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

see ya tomorrow evening for fortnite times

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lawlicaust posted:

Nintendo has more or less said “gently caress that theory. We’re just going to make a game system.” Good for you Nintendo.

Nintendo operates under a conparatively-simple theory of selling their products at a profit, since unlike Sony and Microsoft they're not also trying to control the Future of Computing or sell you a house full of appliances or anything.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I should be safe charging my Switch off a phone charger that's USB c on both ends, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Huxley posted:

I should be safe charging my Switch off a phone charger that's USB c on both ends, right?

It should be okay but it's safer to use a c to a charger as the voltage is lower.

The issues come from third party docks mainly.

• Locked thread