Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

someone who knows more about the comic than i do please answer me - whose place are they in? clevins or alisons?

when clevin has his Pasta Moment he then says that there's ice-cream at home, implying they both share a home. i think they might actually live together now, clevin presumably paying rent in the form of swedish films. but i dunno if it's alison's flat or the clevsters

i guess the question is whether alison moved into a flat with a balcony after she got kicked out of her pro-rape flat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

someone who knows more about the comic than i do please answer me - whose place are they in? clevins or alisons?

when clevin has his Pasta Moment he then says that there's ice-cream at home, implying they both share a home. i think they might actually live together now, clevin presumably paying rent in the form of swedish films. but i dunno if it's alison's flat or the clevsters

i guess the question is whether alison moved into a flat with a balcony after she got kicked out of her pro-rape flat

I forgot, didn't she share a flat with Feral? Or how did Feral get there?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I think Alison and Clevin live together, mainly because I think Clevin is too lazy to make Alison pasta unless he lived at her apartment. As for Feral, Alison called her over for help when Patrick showed up.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

pospysyl posted:

I think Alison and Clevin live together, mainly because I think Clevin is too lazy to make Alison pasta unless he lived at her apartment.

You never know, he might be lugging a ten pound bowl of pasta several miles in the scorching heat of summer because she called him wanting pasta.

Only to find out that Patrick is also at her home...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Clevin's off panel, stirring linguini and gently sobbing.

Clevin gazes down at Allison's unconscious body, his hand full of sticky hot alfredo sauce.

"I'm so hosed up."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fister Roboto posted:

Clevin gazes down at Allison's unconscious body, his hand full of sticky hot alfredo sauce.

"I'm so hosed up."

Lol.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Alison was letting Feral crash at her place right after she bullied her dick ex into boosting Feral's regenerative powers. I don't remember them ever showing Alison getting a new place after her roommates kicked her out, but it doesn't look like they're rooming with Paladin anymore so whatever, it happened off camera. It's most likely still Alison's place since Feral is there.... some undisclosed number of weeks/months later? I'm going to assume Alison and Clevin are rooming separately right now. Cohabitation is the sort of relationship milestone you kind of have to acknowledge in a story for continuity's sake, but it wouldn't be the first time the comic just ignores important poo poo for no reason.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

THROW IT AT HIS HEAD

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

God each new page is a bigger letdown than the last

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The box holds Clevin's bloody glasses.

Or maybe Patrick's dick.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
CONFLICT: OBLITERATED

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Ha you all got tricked again, nothing ever changes. :smug:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Why does the dialogue remind me of The Room?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Typical Pubbie posted:

Why does the dialogue remind me of The Room?

Because you wish you were experiencing something with a more interesting plot.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
There was conflict here once. It was rendered pliable, neutralized...

Made

S O F T

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Patrick's shirt is the best joke this comic has ever had

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And once again all is Clevin.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Oh wait, I forgot! You're a creepy manchild that only knows violence! Whoops! I can't believe we almost dated. Bullet dodged!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think I remember reading somewhere the author said he doesn't read superhero comics, and touted this as selling point. Maybe... maybe he should. Stuff happens in those. Stuff called conflict. It can spice things up in your fiction, I promise.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I guess Patrick will have to hire sex workers to touch him.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

'You've never had a friend! I certainly don't count!'

I mean I get her point but lmao at that harsh burn/admission that she doesn't care.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I hope there's information about the conspiracy in the box.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope it some how breaks Allison and she throws herself at Patrick right as Clevin reenters the apartment

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's gonna be the glued-up Bugs Bunny mug.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Allison might have more luck finding out about the conspiracy if she'd try to at any point.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Cat Mattress posted:

And inside is gonna be a thumb drive full of information on the conspiracy because Allison has to be spoonfed everything (including pasta).

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

This.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Clevin is going to return home before she opens the box so get ready for the mildest case of blue balls or whichever euphemism for thwarted payoff fits your plumbing

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I hope Clevin will never return home.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Clevin never left and has actually been watching through the keyhole

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fuego Fish posted:

And inside is gonna be a thumb drive full of information on the conspiracy because Allison has to be spoonfed everything (including pasta).

I imagine Clevin does eat pasta with a spoon, as forks are two pointy for his soft liking.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

of course

Clevin is the conspiracy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

Clevin never left and has actually been watching through the keyhole

And Feral is snoring so loudly that he just heard Allison wanting a romance with Patrick was a good idea.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

clevspiracevin

also lol @ "let me tell you what you need". i mean admittedly she was in his head, but still. agency.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

The worst, blandest, least interesting twist I can think of is that Clevin actually ends up cheating on Allison by making another woman pasta.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Oy, I’m not here for this. I read this comic for the brilliantly applied philosophy. I never signed up for all these emotional dilemmas, I just wanna see the god dilemmas applied properly like they never are in fiction. Ok, who am I kidding? I’m glad to see this kind of emotional maturity and sweetness too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PetraCore posted:

The worst, blandest, least interesting twist I can think of is that Clevin actually ends up cheating on Allison by making another woman pasta.

But they haven't attached any pasta-based labels to their relationship, so it wouldn't be cheating.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

But this is both! If you could cheat on your man but it was only in a non physical realm of pure bullshit, is it really cheating?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Remember when Gurwara was inside Patrick's head? The author sure doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dawgstar posted:

I think I remember reading somewhere the author said he doesn't read superhero comics, and touted this as selling point. Maybe... maybe he should. Stuff happens in those. Stuff called conflict. It can spice things up in your fiction, I promise.

Also because if you're going to try and do like. A deconstruction or takedown of something you should probably be familiar with something on more than a vague cultural osmosis sense. Actual comics have tackled pretty much every subject this comic has, and done it better. With more depth, and usually more effort and care. I'm not even trying to say that super hero comics are good. Just that this comic is written by a garbage writer.

PetraCore posted:

Next page will feature clevin, cooking pasta for a second clevin. They will kiss over it and the contract will be complete.

• Locked thread