Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lmao he does actually look like a cartoon character. The man is much too wide to be a normal human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

I legit love Gerald McCoy. Why he gotta be a Buc?

I know, some people just don't deserve what happens to them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

I know, some people just don't deserve what happens to them.

ikr

We all coulda been Pats fans

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I haven't posted in here for ages cos as a foreign noob the draft and associated poo poo blows my fragile euro mind, but i'm still lurking intently and super excited for next season and wish every one in the south thread well apart from the Saints fans.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

That spoiler text felt a little forced and performative. You are still better than NE fans. gently caress me you should see how insufferable British NE fans are. Probably like American Chelsea fans I guess

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Serotonin posted:

That spoiler text felt a little forced and performative. You are still better than NE fans. gently caress me you should see how insufferable British NE fans are. Probably like American Chelsea fans I guess

Don't backtrack you were fine with your original stance!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I’m still learning

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jerks

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fiz's...I dunno...someone probably couldn't handle the truth lol

i had the obama "Im Gay" gangtag from cspam

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

i had the obama "Im Gay" gangtag from cspam

You drat racist homophobe!

Are you homophobic only for people of color?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You drat racist homophobe!

Are you homophobic only for people of color?

dang, Hap and Leonard is such a good show too *tsk tsk tsk*

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Serotonin posted:

Well, I guess it has New England directly in the team name, so it would make sense.

I guess I'll be the idiot American who doesn't know much about international soccer and assume Chelsea is the New England of soccer. Who is their Brady?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I was referring to glory hunting fans rather than a direct analog.

Manchester Utd in the Fergie years are the direct analog to the Patriots.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1002571358793027584

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol...oh JR...never change

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

You'd think it would be hard to feel sorry for a multimillionaire megaathlete like LeBron, but dammit he was robbed last night.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Julio is officially Jul-ding out :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, I knew it.

Everyone was like "it's fine" uh, it's not fine. He must be asking for a trade.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1006284506851094528

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ Yeah. Problem is he currently has no more guaranteed money left on his contract.

Chilichimp posted:

lol, I knew it.

Everyone was like "it's fine" uh, it's not fine. He must be asking for a trade.

That's quite the leap, Chili. Unless you know something...do you know something?!

Pay the drat man!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Yeah if I was Julio I wouldn't set foot on a field without guaranteed money either. One bad injury and suddenly you're not worth anything.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Yeah if I was Julio I wouldn't set foot on a field without guaranteed money either. One bad injury and suddenly you're not worth anything.

Just fully guarantee his contract, do it 3 months ago when all of this was going down.

That's an easy fix and the fact that that isn't just done tells me that something more is going on here.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Just fully guarantee his contract, do it 3 months ago when all of this was going down.

That's an easy fix and the fact that that isn't just done tells me that something more is going on here.

I hope the front office isn't that dumb to call his bluff...

The Ridley pick and subsequent stuff though is looking more and more :thunk:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I hope the front office isn't that dumb to call his bluff...

The Ridley pick and subsequent stuff though is looking more and more :thunk:

Maybe his foot is busted and they know it. :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I messaged my group text that has a bunch of Falcons fans on it about this and they immediately started making GBS threads on Julio lol Falcons fans are trash

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I messaged my group text that has a bunch of Falcons fans on it about this and they immediately started making GBS threads on Julio lol Falcons fans are trash

You should see the boards right now lol

It's glorious

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Juliowned

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Maybe they want a wr who can catch passes in the end zone

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

More like Juliowed

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Gonna be sad if we lose Julio.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

More like Juliowed

Hah!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Serotonin posted:

Gonna be sad if we lose Julio.

Tbf there is a lot of time and Blank has already said Julio will be a Falcon for life so I dont think he is going anywhere and they will rework his deal to give him some guaranteed money and be done.

The nfl is weird tho so anything is possible, I just really dont see it happening.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'm kinda not interested in football anymore I think. With the concussion poo poo already and now the NFL throwing its hat into the ring on political policy it's making me feel pretty uncomfortable supporting or watching the NFL in any way. Will see if I can hold out past preseason though. An entire lifetime of behavior is hard to change.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

That Works posted:

I'm kinda not interested in football anymore I think. With the concussion poo poo already and now the NFL throwing its hat into the ring on political policy it's making me feel pretty uncomfortable supporting or watching the NFL in any way. Will see if I can hold out past preseason though. An entire lifetime of behavior is hard to change.

ehhhh I will still watch and love my stupid team but it's definitely lost some appeal, 100% agree. Have to look at it the same way you look at some crazy countries (like the US right now, tbh), awesome people (players), cool countries to visit (stadiums), awful awful leadership that should be fired into the sun

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Good for you! I kinda had a similar stance last year and I ended until watching much more than I anticipated. The nfl has its hooks in me deep :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Y’all could watch college football instead

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I mean I watch at least triple as much CFB as NFL already duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Y’all could watch college football instead

Uhhh, yeah, debating giving up football on moral objections kinda already took care of that (also Texas has sucked for a while), NFL was all I was really following.

• Locked thread