Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

the voice acting in ghosts was killing me, the japanese people were switching between perfect english and accents, and the chinese enemies were voiced by dsp

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kongming posted:

Mongolians.

The Yuan army probably was 90% Chinese and 10% Mongolian

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Honestly my buying the game might hinge on this. The English VA was so bad and downright jarring alongside Mongolian VA. Nioh spoiled me.

im not gonna buy it because it looks like the same boring poo poo as every other major sony game with a big rice hat thrown on top

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

sucker punch hasn't made a good game imo since Sly Cooper 1

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Plutonis posted:

The Yuan army probably was 90% Chinese and 10% Mongolian

Look, the heavily accented VA was calling them Mongolians so that's what they are. There's no way the people who are making this game make that distinction.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

drat Mongolians! Lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

im not gonna buy it because it looks like the same boring poo poo as every other major sony game with a big rice hat thrown on top

it really was but the big rice hat is luring me in. these sons of bitches got their rusty hooks in me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

at least ghosts of tsushima devs get to make something pretty. i feel bad for the last of us animators spending another 3 years rigging a screwdriver going through an eye socket

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

although with Sekiro and then Nioh 2 probably all out next year, idk if this game stands a chance to be worthy of attention

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

at least ghosts of tsushima devs get to make something pretty. i feel bad for the last of us animators spending another 3 years rigging a screwdriver going through an eye socket

The segue from brutally beheading a man who is kneeling and choking on his own blood to her kissing her girlfriend had me laughing, probably to mask my utter disgust with the game and myself.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dont know why the feels game needs to have Serbian film style ultraviolence but the crowds a hooting and a hollering so it's working I guess.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the zombie neck bite or whatever in re2 was when it got to me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

it really was but the big rice hat is luring me in. these sons of bitches got their rusty hooks in me

Okay but sekiro has a rice hat shield mother fuckerrrr

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I dont know why the feels game needs to have Serbian film style ultraviolence but the crowds a hooting and a hollering so it's working I guess.

how can you expect to feel anything with only mild violence?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Baxate posted:

sucker punch hasn't made a good game imo since Sly Cooper 1

imo infamous 1 and 2 ruled

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I rewatched the Spider-man trailer, a game I’m overall really sympathetic to, and I got to say the redesigns they shitted out for these classic Spidey villains are pretty disheartening

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I rewatched the Spider-man trailer, a game I’m overall really sympathetic to, and I got to say the redesigns they shitted out for these classic Spidey villains are pretty disheartening

all theyve shown is this really scripted stuff and a big part of a spidey game for me is swinging around the city freely, it looks like arkham:spiderman edition with some pretty generic character designs

at least the arkham games had a really cool style lol. im not saying make spidey grimdark but have some personality ffs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Who the hell was that negative dude

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hoping TLOU2 actually brings some real gender equality to the mass killing demographics. more young women need to see themselves behind the gun sights

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

not surprised reggie uses a grappler style

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Last Of Us 2 is queering horrifying ultra-murder, and these LGBTeens are loving it!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Theres 100% chance after release somebody's going to write a thinkpiece about how they never thought about violence in games until they strung a looter up by his own intestines and gave him a Glasgow smile in tlou2 and the devs need to be appluaded.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Kongming posted:

The segue from brutally beheading a man who is kneeling and choking on his own blood to her kissing her girlfriend had me laughing, probably to mask my utter disgust with the game and myself.

no joke an actual comment i saw online about this exact moment went like this "a tender moment contrasted by a grim reality of the world we live in", a statement said while kissing his fingertips

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Oh it’s detestable when a woman does it? :allears: B-but those emails though!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that trailer is absolute loving dogshit. i feel like hayao miyazaki watching that procedurally animated zombie.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

that trailer is absolute loving dogshit. i feel like hayao miyazaki watching that procedurally animated zombie.

lol thats truly the feeling of e3

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Who the hell was that negative dude

His name is literally Mister Negative

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Last night I got violently ill in every imaginable way, I can only imagine from food poisoning, and I would rather go through it all again than watch the Devolver video.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

on the plus side, i'll be home to watch Nintendo now.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

lmfao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Nintendo, deliver us from this evil and epic cinematic QTEs of the visceral violence of the world we live in and its tender moments. Amen.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bolverkur posted:

Nintendo, deliver us from this evil and epic cinematic QTEs of the visceral violence of the world we live in and its tender moments. Amen.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh drat, the Treehouse starts right after the Nintendo direct. Nintendo has like three more days of content.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this is one of the most surreal E3s I’ve watched, please Nintendo just show us fun games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bolverkur posted:

Amen brother.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hopefully Nintendo has retired from musical acts after last year's successful "Jump Up, Superstar!" and just shows us some brand new games for the Switch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

oh drat, the Treehouse starts right after the Nintendo direct. Nintendo has like three more days of content.

last year they dropped metroid 3ds during the treehouse so maybe theyll have another treat like that this year

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

sector_corrector posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

blessed treehouse

• Locked thread