Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Nah, considering "triggerin da snowflakes umad" is the start for a whole bunch of bigots online now, it's pertinent to bring up that being the real end-point of that dumb sentiment, no sense beating around the bush.

Yeah but I mean the point of this specific video game is dropping nukes on unsuspecting pubbies and making them mad, so I'm curious as to why you're even following a thread about a bigoted neo-nazi game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I absolutely cannot wait to break the poo poo of every NMA crybaby on the internet

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 12, 2018

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

I absolutely cannot wait to break the poo poo of every NMA crybaby on the internet

I thought NMA types just played Fallout 1 and 2 over and over and complained about the new games not being real Fallout games.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

I thought NMA types just played Fallout 1 and 2 over and over and complained about the new games not being real Fallout games.

My brotha this thread is full of NMA sadposting

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NofrikinfuN posted:

so like half the posters in this thread?

CJacobs posted:

There is a point at which 'ahh that's okay I'll pass it's just not for me :)' means you are being a doormat and is not actually a good opinion to have about a series you enjoy. Good on you if you hold that opinion, but not so good on you if you can't see the forest for the trees on how important this is to Bethsoft in determining the direction they're going with the next iterations of fallout
I don't think any of us know how important or not this is to Bethesda in determining the direction they're going with the next iterations of Fallout and I think it's dumb to assume that it is (or not). To say that someone is a doormat for not getting mad at a video game is kind of weird, too.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The funny thing is that it's not like there aren't alternatives for those kind of RPGs, you have to search a bit deeper but it's not like they're loving hidden

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

NofrikinfuN posted:

Actually, one interesting way to do nukes would be to require the permanent death of the character that launched the nuke. Want to make your mark on the world? Make a sacrifice.

Someone would still mash all the buttons, but it would take longer if they had to keep resetting.

Nah. They just hand off the keys to their buddy, who logged in on his newbie specifically for this.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also it bears repeating that the battlecry studios they just absorbed are the people doing this game, it's not like bethesda maryland aren't focusing on anything else, namely Space Goatses.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Pete Hines Tweet:

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/1006544156414566400

So, looks like there may be a PvP challenge system? That'd solve the griefing problem, but would take a lot of the fun/paranoia out for people who want to go full on PvP

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Time out bro don't shoot me.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

Pete Hines Tweet:

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/1006544156414566400

So, looks like there may be a PvP challenge system? That'd solve the griefing problem, but would take a lot of the fun/paranoia out for people who want to go full on PvP

Instead of killing you, they follow you around everywhere hitting challenge any time they are able. Griefing can be a lot more subtle than actually player killing. I know that seems pedantic, but when the solution is as simple as the other person not being present, I cannot understand any reason to force them together. You're not going to get "emergent gameplay" from people that are not interested in interacting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

NofrikinfuN posted:

Instead of killing you, they follow you around everywhere hitting challenge any time they are able. Griefing can be a lot more subtle than actually player killing. I know that seems pedantic, but when the solution is as simple as the other person not being present, I cannot understand any reason to force them together. You're not going to get "emergent gameplay" from people that are not interested in interacting.

It's not like this is something new. Just like in MMOs that don't allow high level players to attack newbies, you just train enemies into them until they die.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Griefing.... Griefing never changes. There literally hasn't been a single online multiplayer game without griefing.

ask me why I'm not into multiplayer games :v:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I seriously can't think of a group of fans I would love griefing more than fallout fans

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Liquid Communism posted:

Yup. I absolutely cannot think of a single thing I want less than a Rust or PubG where poopsockers get to accumulate better stuff and stats and keep them persistently. It sets a deadline for the point new players should even bother buying the game.

Agreed. I get the feeling that I'm going to finish work and come home and play on launch day only to be dumpstered by the people who had it installed at midnight and took the the day off to play.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Icedude posted:

For the nukes I wouldn't be surprised if they require two people, if just by doing the whole "turn two keys simultaneously" thing.

I mean that wouldn't slow truly dedicated people down much, but it's something.

do people even watch the loving trailers?

They specifically had 5 keys that spelled out bingo to launch the nuke.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

I kinda want the option for both, a bunch of chill, ez-mode brownie batter BGS game crap with looting and shooting, and a brutal grief simulator. There'd be a pretty easy solution to both by setting some servers to open PvP, some PvE and letting people choose what to play

Their refusal to engage with the idea is baffling.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Donovan Trip posted:

My brotha this thread is full of NMA sadposting

The game just sounds real bad amigo

Minorkos posted:

Yeah but I mean

Trying too hard.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 12, 2018

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

TheSwizzler posted:

I kinda want the option for both, a bunch of chill, ez-mode brownie batter BGS game crap with looting and shooting, and a brutal grief simulator. There'd be a pretty easy solution to both by setting some servers to open PvP, some PvE and letting people choose what to play

Their refusal to engage with the idea is baffling.

It's going to be added like a year in when they realize the game has absolutely abysmal sales as a pure PVP game, the same way Zenimax Online did with ESO.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Agnosticnixie posted:

It's going to be added like a year in when they realize the game has absolutely abysmal sales as a pure PVP game, the same way Zenimax Online did with ESO.

From the sounds of it they're watering down the PvP too. It's like they're trying to please everyone with one product and just kinda annoying everyone at the same time.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Donovan Trip posted:

I seriously can't think of a group of fans I would love griefing more than fallout fans

Bethesda already does that to the NMA/RPG Codex grognards just by existing daily

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

making bad games to own the grogs

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I have to wonder how much of this was even Bethesda's idea and not Zenimax trying to force them to branch out while everyone else rolled their eyes.

Regardless of what people want the devs are in too deep now and I doubt there will be any significant changes between now and November. The results and feedback from the beta test will be very interesting.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

if you dont like the boring rear end watered down skyrim mine craft fallout(very cool) ur a nma grognard (wtf is a grognard)

goons are so dumb lol

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

AutomaticPrince posted:

Agreed. I get the feeling that I'm going to finish work and come home and play on launch day only to be dumpstered by the people who had it installed at midnight and took the the day off to play.

I look forward to the entrance of Vault 76 being constantly nuked 5 hours after the beta launches.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

[intelligence 10/10] mayhaps you sound like a Grognard, friend.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dongicus posted:

if you dont like the boring rear end watered down skyrim mine craft fallout(very cool) ur a nma grognard (wtf is a grognard)

French word for old soldier. It later got used for people who play fiddly wargames and mutated from there.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Dongicus posted:

[Science 100] You can't release this game. You're an abortion of game design. You need to die...

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dongicus posted:

literally your entire post history in this thread is talking about how much FO3/4 sucks and how people who like them are "smooth brains"

mayhaps you do sound like a grognard, friend. mayhaps you do.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

In his defense fall out 3 and 4 aren't very good

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

oh like the really nerdy dnd stuff that has a million numbers?

not my thing but id rather play some nerds excel spreadsheet RPG than Destiny but with iconic fallout crap shoved in

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Your Computer posted:

literally your entire post history in this thread is talking about how much FO3/4 sucks and how people who like them are "smooth brains"

mayhaps you do sound like a grognard, friend. mayhaps you do.

lol congrats on proving my point, post history goon :-)

Halser posted:

[Science 100] You can't release this game. You're an abortion of game design. You need to die...

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dongicus posted:

not my thing but id rather play some nerds excel spreadsheet RPG than Destiny but with iconic fallout crap shoved in

Modern usage is more for the kind of person who uses "casual" as an insult.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dongicus posted:

Uh excuse me

Destiny has npcs, singleplayer, and quests.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Pretty sure the vast majority of them love New Vegas, too.

They just don't like the bad Fallout games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Pretty sure the vast majority of them love New Vegas, too.

They just don't like the bad Fallout games.

I thought they also hated Fallout 2.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've played every fallout game, the first one was the first video game I really obsessed over until I realized how terrible the fanbase is. Putting all the awful fallout fans in pvp where you can be a wrecking ball thru some nerds painstakingly designed house is the most hilarious thing I can think of doing with this series and the amount of tears over this reveal is like a cherry on top. It also comes out on my birthday all y'all gettin shidded on

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought they also hated Fallout 2.

hilariously enough they hated the fun parts of it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Donovan Trip posted:

I've played every fallout game, the first one was the first video game I really obsessed over until I realized how terrible the fanbase is. Putting all the awful fallout fans in pvp where you can be a wrecking ball thru some nerds painstakingly designed house is the most hilarious thing I can think of doing with this series and the amount of tears over this reveal is like a cherry on top. It also comes out on my birthday all y'all gettin shidded on

youre such a dweeb dude lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It's a reasonable viewpoint, they just get a lot weirder about it. There's a guy whose signature is "They RAPED Fallout!" and it's always like, you lost me there guy.

That said, there's nothing inherently wrong with liking 1, 2, and NV better. 76 does look like a poo poo show but I'm going to give it a go, absolutely.

[Edit] also the "lol gonna wreck some nma babbies" guys in here aren't making the game sound any more appealing.