Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yuuuup Daisy is in smash!!!

:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

juche avocado posted:

i hate things that are fun

Hell yeah brother this poo poo is why i love fire emblem

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Nintendo does what they want I guess.

E3 is supposed to show the big stuff coming.

Nintendo did show big stuff. Fortnite announcement on Switch and released today is pretty huge considering that is literally the biggest video game right now. That, Smash Brothers, and Pokemon were huge. These are all massive game series.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Was only half watching and totally missed that. Any idea when abouts in the stream it was?

like 5 minutes in i think

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo did show big stuff. Fortnite announcement on Switch and released today is pretty huge considering that is literally the biggest video game right now.

plus Hollow Knight

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Can I play smash with single joycons

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo did show big stuff. Fortnite announcement on Switch and released today is pretty huge considering that is literally the biggest video game right now.

Dota for switch when

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

People were trashing battle royales but Nintendo brings one to the Switch and its big news.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
By this time tomorrow, GameXplain will have somehow produced 72 hours worth of new videos.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jellymouth posted:

Any chance they might pull a Metroid: Samus Returns and drop more reveals during the treehouse? I hope so.

I assume at least a bunch of wii u ports. Please give me Xenoblade X.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Hollow Knight isn't even up yet and yeah the stuff they showed was cool, but holy poo poo that was a ball drop. Nintendo, yeesh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I want to play fire emblem three houses

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Atoramos posted:

I mean why make Waluigi and Bomberman assists and not characters

waaaaaaah

Waluigi not being in the game as a character is a crime against humanity.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fortnite is the most tolerable of the big battle royales and having a game like that on the Switch is pretty cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo, you guys are such cunts about literally everything gaming related. Why do some of you even bother to play games anymore? Pick a new hobby, please.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Pakistani politics posted:

Hollow Knight isn't even up yet and yeah the stuff they showed was cool, but holy poo poo that was a ball drop. Nintendo, yeesh

they said fortnite would be 10am pacific (which is like, now) so maybe hollow knight is the same time

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

chumbler posted:

I assume at least a bunch of wii u ports. Please give me Xenoblade X.

Yeah, if they give us some Wii U ports like XBCX, WWHD or TPHD, or Mario Maker I'll be pretty happy.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Smash was fun like 10-15 years ago when I used to live in shared accommodation with a load of other guys and gals, and you were sat in the same room as the people you were playing with, these days I'm in my 30s and if I have guests round there's a ton of other things I'd do before playing smash. Playing online (does it have online?) just doesn't seem like the point of that kind of party game?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo, you guys are such cunts about literally everything gaming related. Why do some of you even bother to play games anymore? Pick a new hobby, please.

Cry more.

Not everything is happy times no matter what. We are allowed to criticize things.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo did show big stuff. Fortnite announcement on Switch and released today is pretty huge considering that is literally the biggest video game right now. That, Smash Brothers, and Pokemon were huge. These are all massive game series.

Fortnight has been available for literally months on other platforms. It's news for investors because of the financial implications, not something new and exciting for your player audience. It's something that should be announced in a press interview on the show floor (or in an earnings call), not in the keynote.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

Fortnite is the most tolerable of the big battle royales and having a game like that on the Switch is pretty cool.

I am going to try it out for the first time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

being insufferable about games is almost integral to the 'gamer' persona

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pakistani politics posted:

What the gently caress.

Did you just not watch the ms, sony, bethesda, or pc conferences?

That was not a ball drop.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Bad Parenting posted:

Smash was fun like 10-15 years ago when I used to live in shared accommodation with a load of other guys and gals, and you were sat in the same room as the people you were playing with, these days I'm in my 30s and if I have guests round there's a ton of other things I'd do before playing smash. Playing online (does it have online?) just doesn't seem like the point of that kind of party game?

I'm happy to report that smash is still fun

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yuuuup Daisy is in smash!!!

Daisy is bi-curious at best, Rosalina is the lesbian princess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fortnite is up but hollow knight still isn't

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Ganon has sword attacks for all his smash moves. gently caress yeah.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I never played Smash so I can't really discern from watching it what separates it from any other fighting game, other than the insane roster that is.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Bad Parenting posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Nintendo does what they want I guess.

E3 is supposed to show the big stuff coming.

Smash is a big thing. So is Fire Emblem.

Like someone else said, Nintendo tends to have big reveals during other Directs throughout the year and focus a lot on their One Biggest Thing at E3, like Breath of the Wild a couple years back.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I'm a oval office about way more than just games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I am going to try it out for the first time

gl!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Fortnite is up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zaphod42 posted:

What the gently caress.

Did you just not watch the ms, sony, bethesda, or pc conferences?

That was not a ball drop.

They showed a fuckton more of things coming out this year, 2019 and in the future.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Fortnite will not allow you to play with the same skins you have on PS4/Xbox

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cactus posted:

I never played Smash so I can't really discern from watching it what separates it from any other fighting game, other than the insane roster that is.

the gently caress have you never played Smash?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bad Parenting posted:

I love Smash and I agree with this. I have no interest in playing Smash online.

Luckily even in my 30s I have friends who love Smash and Mario Kart and poo poo like that, so I can still have the real Smash experience of sitting on a couch swearing at that one rear end in a top hat who keeps swallowing you as Kirby and jumping off the level

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this smash looks like they've had a lot of time to make lots of little Quality of Life adjustments and fine-tuning of characters, i feel like every 30 seconds there's something new or something Sakurai points out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Smash is cool but I dont think we needed 30 minutes of patch notes

• Locked thread