Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Doesn't Nintendo do their own thing? Like on YouTube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Links in the op to the youtube + twitch streams VVVVVVVVV

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think Dead Stranding gameplay will be something like this:

- You start in a weird place. Find a safe place.
- Build stuff in the homebase. Like a Oxygen generator and other stuff. A garden. Beds.
- Detect "life signals" out there.
- You go explore out there for these signals, and rescue people.
- You develop technology to find people, rescue them. But you need lots of deployables. So you move around with the deployables around. Oxygen generators.
- The more poeple you rescue, the bigger the base, more services.

I think is going to be a copy of Metal Gear Survive.

Fight me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And it's over!

Congrats to uh...Microsoft I guess. Didn't see that coming.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Saint Freak posted:

And it's over!

Yeah. Quantity wins!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Freak posted:

seriously, Microsoft had been at the top for me and I was excited for Nintendo and then they just kind of farted out thirty minutes of smash. Sure smash looked cool, but meh.

I'd say my list is something like

Microsoft
Sony
devolver
nintendo
pc gamer
ubisoft
ea
limited run

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Microsoft's conference was rock solid. Showing off 50 games back to back was fantastic.
Sony's was a technical mess, but the games were really cool.

End of the day tho you just can't beat the 'Nintendo Direct immediately into Treehouse dev talk' format tho.
It works super well for E3

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Saint Freak posted:

And it's over!

Microsoft had more games I want to buy than any other conference so yeah congrats Microsoft!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Christ, what an awful E3.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Infinitum posted:

End of the day tho you just can't beat the 'Nintendo Direct immediately into Treehouse dev talk' format tho.
It works super well for E3

Even if it's just Smash into more Smash?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

And it's over!

thanks microsoft for being the husk of a presentation for showing off Devil May Cry and the new From ninja game

Smash Bros is going to make loving crazy numbers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Even if it's just Smash into more Smash?

Nintendo always does this tho. Last time it was a deep dive into Odyssey and BotW, this time it's Smash.

The Treehouse streams last all week, and they generally announce 1-2 new games during them as well.

Plus did you miss like the 50 other games they announced during the stream?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

How is Yakuza? I saw some games were coming to PC, can you compare it to anything.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Doom Goon posted:

please, at least no one walked out on stage and horribly embarrassed themselves (except tinybuild and devolver). it was middling at worst

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Limited Run games wins for effort I think. Using DD to take the piss out of E3 and show off a bunch of bullshit.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

How is Yakuza? I saw some games were coming to PC, can you compare it to anything.
river city ransom

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Doom Goon posted:

It was fine, just not surprising

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fat_Cow posted:

It's an action RPG like Tales or something. You run around a city and when you meet Punks you get into a contained fight with them. It's not like GTA, you can't just punch innocent people walking down the street or whatever. You get money or exp and use it to upgrade yourself and get new moves. The story is mostly really serious crime drama while all the optional side quests and minigames are silly and light hearted. One of its greatest strengths is how well it manages to balance the two.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

I bought Yakuza0 on a whim because I heard a lot of good feedback about it
It's easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Like if you want RED HOT BLOODED MEN OF ACTION this game is for you.
Brutally beating the absolute poo poo out of punk Yakuza is just the goddamn besttttttt.

While the main story line is high stakes drama, it can switch gears instantly to some of the most hilarious side missions you've ever played.
The deadpan delivery on some of the lines loving kill me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Doom Goon posted:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
yet another e3 where I liked some games, didn't like other games and had no opinion either way on some games I'll never play :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I bought Yakuza0 on a whim because I heard a lot of good feedback about it
It's easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Like if you want RED HOT BLOODED MEN OF ACTION this game is for you.
Brutally beating the absolute poo poo out of punk Yakuza is just the goddamn besttttttt.

While the main story line is high stakes drama, it can switch gears instantly to some of the most hilarious side missions you've ever played.
The deadpan delivery on some of the lines loving kill me.

Also a Chicken manages real estate

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I feel like I have never ever seen the consensus on these forums be "wow, great E3!"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Seemed like everyone had something I wanted to check out. I'm intrigued by Bethseda's Starfield, already ordered Ubi's Starlink, Control and Death Stranding seem like they'll be worth checking out, and I'm going to be getting quite a few of the games Nintendo announced.

Orv
May 4, 2011

robot roll call posted:

I feel like I have never ever seen the consensus on these forums be "wow, great E3!"

Goons suck, this E3 was good both for games and as a train wreck, though the latter not as good as some years and in different ways.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

homeless snail posted:

please, at least no one walked out on stage and horribly embarrassed themselves (except tinybuild and devolver). it was middling at worst
I'd take schadenfreude over 30+ minutes of patch notes and excitement about ports you can already get 5 times over :shrug:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

robot roll call posted:

e3 is good when you announce a bunch of vaporware that doesn't happen for half a decade at best

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad there's two developers making ninja/samurai Assassin's Creed if Ubisoft won't.

They both look pretty good too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doom Goon posted:

It was extremely mediocre. Lost some points for me since Fallout 76 is just some MMO thing, and no word at all on Square’s Avengers project or the leaked existence of Splinter Cell

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Motto posted:

e3 is good when you announce a bunch of vaporware that doesn't happen for half a decade at best
Nah, Sony was pinged for that earlier. I did want updates on a bunch of Nintendo titles for last year that weren't anywhere though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

robot roll call posted:

This was a really good E3.
Sony's conference was a technical hot mess, but other than that the Big 3 put out a great showing.

Ubisoft was easily the best of the publisher conferences.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Doom Goon posted:

I'd take schadenfreude over 30+ minutes of patch notes and excitement about ports you can already get 5 times over :shrug:

lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This was a really good E3 all-in-all imo. Everyone (who had a conference that mattered) showed at least 1 game coming out within the next 365 days that I went "yeah I'll buy that."

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think part of what feels off about e3 this year is that some product cycles are pretty clearly focused on consoles they aren't talking about yet.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is this the time we share the report cards?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I liked it

Also e3 isn't over it literally started today, there's more announcements coming for games that aren't necessarily fit for the widest audience possible like what they show at the press conferences

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
E3 owns

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

lets hang out posted:

I liked it

Also e3 isn't over it literally started today, there's more announcements coming for games that aren't necessarily fit for the widest audience possible like what they show at the press conferences

What could be a bigger announcement then telling us they're moving journalists from a tent to a theater for 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

This was a really good E3 all-in-all imo. Everyone (who had a conference that mattered) showed at least 1 game coming out within the next 365 days that I went "yeah I'll buy that."

same, as I get older I don't need 50 games coming down the pipe for me, I'm really happy with RE2 in January, DMCV coming back, plus Smash/Octopath/Fire Emblem coming soon. Really happy with how Spider-Man and Sekiro look and I'll be having shitloads of fun with Hitman 2 later on.

• Locked thread