Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Transient People posted:

Thank god we have a real botlane carry incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dude looks loving sick. Their reworks keep getting better and better.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-aatrox

Here's the reveal!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kit looks like Riven on steroids. I like it. His dash looks like the coolest part since you can can combo it with Q. Really interested in seeing how he plays.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So its riven but with an innate 30% lifesteal

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
His dash seems way shorter than Riven's, and he only has two. That's something, at least.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

he seems powerful. thick. big. a good champ

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Riot seems to realize shields are too strong, so every other rework and new champ is going to come with something in their kit that is anti-shield, first irelia, now aatrox.

Sorta like how they started throwing "grounding" around for a bit.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Wangsbig posted:

:yikes:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Kit looks like Riven on steroids. I like it. His dash looks like the coolest part since you can can combo it with Q. Really interested in seeing how he plays.

Funny, my reaction was "gently caress's sake, just what this game needed: another loving Riven".

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Looks cool, still really weak to grievous wounds since the only defense he has is his sustain and revive.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

his weakness- having only twice the lives of most other champion

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I'm going to put this top laner in my rear end

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wangsbig posted:

:agreed:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also the riven comparisons are weird because he's still not even half as mobile as Riven even with those (really short) dashes. He's a big bulky juggernaut-flavored Riven and I'm into it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

new aatrox looks insanely cool

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-812-notes

Patch notes are up too.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rumbles ult is hosed up now. get 400 AP and you are doing 420 damage a second in a giant aoe. hit 3 people with the full duration of a 400AP ult and win the fight . looking forward to playing rumble - the yordle mech guy. i forget what his real title is and i shant be looking it up

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Riot seems to realize shields are too strong, so every other rework and new champ is going to come with something in their kit that is anti-shield, first irelia, now aatrox.

Sorta like how they started throwing "grounding" around for a bit.

Don't forget Urgot and Pyke, who can both execute through shields.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

pog boyfriend posted:

rumbles ult is hosed up now. get 400 AP and you are doing 420 damage a second in a giant aoe. hit 3 people with the full duration of a 400AP ult and win the fight . looking forward to playing rumble - the yordle mech guy. i forget what his real title is and i shant be looking it up

yea unfortunately it is hard countered by

*checks notes*

moving out of it

I do have like a 63% winrate on rumble still though, he's probably not as bad as people think so with buffs maybe he'll be ok

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This is all I can think of wrt rumble ult

https://youtu.be/RvxfkqyE8fc

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

yea unfortunately it is hard countered by

*checks notes*

moving out of it

I do have like a 63% winrate on rumble still though, he's probably not as bad as people think so with buffs maybe he'll be ok

this is where other cc abilities come into play in what is referred to by scholars and academia as the "Wombo Combo"

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Wow shields are getting kicked in the dick

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Joke's on them, I only pick Janna to vaporize motherfuckers with W anyway.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

This is all I can think of wrt rumble ult

https://youtu.be/RvxfkqyE8fc

I think that was back when it did instant damage though which was way better

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i had to boot up the client and look through the champion list to make sure I was not being trolled with the continued insistence that this champion 'rumble' exists in the game

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Wow shields are getting kicked in the dick

Yeah, all the shielding supports got massively owned. I dunno if it'll be enough to get people to stop playing Janna, but I'm expecting the only traditional non-tank supports you're gonna see much are Soraka and Nami.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think that was back when it did instant damage though which was way better

Definitely not, they changed that back in 3.05. That’s before I even started playing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

Definitely not, they changed that back in 3.05. That’s before I even started playing.

oh wow hm

because I was definitely playing rumble when they changed it, I just didn't realize it was that far back

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

pog boyfriend posted:

Rumble's real title is "Rumble - the guy who has the hots for Tristana"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

I mean I haven't been playing half as long as the people in the thread but I feel like if Rumble's ult isn't a groupwide "oh gently caress SCATTER" button t hen rumble's in a bad spot, just my 2c obviously

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
So, the shielding changes in 8.12 means that bot marksmen get kicked in the dick again?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pn41Ecefm4

his VO is so loving good

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Erdricks posted:

So, the shielding changes in 8.12 means that bot marksmen get kicked in the dick again?

yes

thank god most veteran ADCs have practice with morde

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Erdricks posted:

heck shields

Dragongem posted:

Rumble's real title is "Rumble - the guy who has the hots for Tristana"

ah, greetings rumble :grin:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
There was a memo, VARUS.

Also the line to void creatures.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 12, 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Erdricks posted:

The additional changes to all the shield/heal items came late and they surprise me. They’re just as impactful, maybe more, than the champion nerfs.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lux is a real champ now!!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRm964poaDM&t=47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

OK we have a new contender for best dance in the game.