Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

I always thought Snake being in Smash was dumb as hell but other people really like him so good for them. At least I'll get funny codec calls out of it.
Kojima really wanted Snake in Smash. If I remember right he tried getting him in Melee but couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly though I'm disappointed by Nintendo's E3 presentation a bit.

No Metroid Prime footage, no Animal Crossing, no Pikmin. Only thing I saw that I was anticipating was a trailer for the new FE, but that didn't exactly wow me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm going to buy the ridley amiibo

Ridley should be as big as mega yarn yoshi.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly though I'm disappointed by Nintendo's E3 presentation a bit.

No Metroid Prime footage, no Animal Crossing, no Pikmin. Only thing I saw that I was anticipating was a trailer for the new FE, but that didn't exactly wow me.

How many years has it been since Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 was almost done.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

Two.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't even know Pikmin 3 was a thing lol.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat could have sworn it was longer than that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I rescind one of my E3 disappointments! Now just need Ace Combat to make a showing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUCTknBG10

Bamco said it's showing AC7 details on the 15th

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat could have sworn it was longer than that.

It was before the switch was out at least

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

It's v good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I rescind one of my E3 disappointments! Now just need Ace Combat to make a showing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUCTknBG10

I don't think Nightmare was officially announced before this video, was he? Not like it matters since I think the entire Soul Calibur cast will be returning.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think Nightmare was officially announced before this video, was he? Not like it matters since I think the entire Soul Calibur cast will be returning.
No, he's been confirmed for a while. He was in the Geralt trailer for example.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Lizardman doesn't come back I will be crushed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Raxivace posted:

It was pretty good! Not as good as Pikmin 2 but that's a hard game to top. I'm very excited to see where they could go with the series on the Switch but there's been nothing! NOTHING!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd buy the Pikmin trilogy for the Switch

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Same. I really wanna replay the Pikmin games but that would requires digging my gamecube out, hooking it up, and praying everything still works.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you're gonna play Pikmin 1 and 2 you should play the Wii versions imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I don't want to

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

What he meant by done is not what you are hoping.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't think I ever actually finished Pikmin 1 or 2 back on the GCN. I should go back to those at some point, I remember having fun with them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

homeless snail posted:

I fuckin loathe motion controls so nah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theybwork really well in Pikmin. You're just pointing a cursor like a mouse to direct and throw Pikmin

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I would be all over a Pikmin remastered trilogy. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

Theybwork really well in Pikmin. You're just pointing a cursor like a mouse to direct and throw Pikmin

i see a game with m+kb and toss my computer across the room

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pikmin 3 also had a cool touch control scheme with the Wii U gamepad where you would tap where you wanna throw your pikmin

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

I know people say they work well but I'm utterly inept when it comes to motion controls. Even in the games where they function properly and add a lot to the experience I end up hating them just because I handle them so poorly.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

If Lizardman doesn't come back I will be crushed.

Seriously, show us Aeon and Voldo already, Bamco.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Add Hilde, because spears and charged attacks are cool.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/baronbattle/status/1006612964475011072

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

I know people say they work well but I'm utterly inept when it comes to motion controls. Even in the games where they function properly and add a lot to the experience I end up hating them just because I handle them so poorly.

I dont like when my hands get out of sync with the action. Like if you are swinging a sword you dont feel when it is blocked by a shield so the character is staggered but im following through my swing. It feels bad to me idk

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Lizardman is supposed the head of the series favorite character so he'll likely be in there. I also really can't imagine them leaving out Voldo

Still, who knows? It's not like SC is a series that hasn't made a bunch of baffling decisions

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Help Im Alive posted:

Pikmin 3 also had a cool touch control scheme with the Wii U gamepad where you would tap where you wanna throw your pikmin

which i never played with because having that map that I could move my guys around on and look at while playing was invaluable

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

I think this is reading really hard into "wolf guy with wolf claw hands projects claws outward like a wolf guy would = anime fighting guy pose"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

suuma posted:

I think this is reading really hard into "wolf guy with wolf claw hands projects claws outward like a wolf guy would = anime fighting guy pose"

Nobody tell him

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saint Freak posted:

Nobody tell him

I'm gonna tell him

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pikmin 1 > pikmin 3 just slightly over pikmin 2 in my opinion

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they're all really good

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Pikmin 1 and 3 are perfect games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the juice rendering in pikmin 3 that is so taxing on the physics calculation that the game droops to single digit framerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

In Training posted:

I love the juice rendering in pikmin 3 that is so taxing on the physics calculation that the game droops to single digit framerate

this is actually why Pikmin 4 is taking so long, the juice rendering technology must run at 60 jfps (juice frames per second) before they feel comfortable showing it off

• Locked thread