Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's a good alternative to Fallout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What's the difference between kill team and rogue trader?

From what I understand kill team will be releasing with some small base set of rules for "most" 40k factions and rogue trader is the first themed expansion ala the gang war books for necromunda. This is all based on rumors and random info drops from the last few events so who knows how accurate it is but it doesnt seem too far fetched.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Lupercalcalcal posted:

imperial cults

I will be so happy if they bring back imperial cults, you have no idea!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Zuul the Cat posted:

Necromunda doesn't interest me at all, but this sounds right up my alley. Can't wait.

I'm hoping they will basically be the same game, but one relies on a new model range, while the other is with the 40k models.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Uroboros posted:

I'm hoping they will basically be the same game, but one relies on a new model range, while the other is with the 40k models.

This is the ideal scenario after playing with the alternating activation's in necromunda i really want basically shadow war with its rule set and support.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I'm not thrilled with more trash units in 40k.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Cainer posted:

Same. Here's hoping that if they're usable in 40k they don'y completely gently caress the faction keywords.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

i'll be posting quite a lot more pictures of that warlad, it was assembled and painted in 48 hours to be ready for Knight release. The painter has quite a few more knights done up in the same style, he's taught me quite a few painting tricks in the time i've known him.

he prepared for that paint session by doing a regular knight in 48 hours. just a lil' warmup :P

here's a teaser for his next project.

(i'm fangirling aren't i?)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fangirl away.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Artum posted:

Your service getting knowledgeable people drunk is much appreciated.

A service I'm happy to provide.

There was also a bit of a disagreement in the group about new Ork models. Model range that's coming out apparently will include new trukks, trakks, bikes, buggies, Boyz and Nobz.

One opinion was that they were "disappointing", one opinion was that they were "loving awesome" and then there was a lengthy "debate".

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The more robots on crab legs or treads, the better, i say.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Cainer posted:

I did Redemptionists back in the day. I'd do it again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If Kill Team includes new Primaris models I declare it Cool and Good.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Frobbe posted:

i'll be posting quite a lot more pictures of that warlad, it was assembled and painted in 48 hours to be ready for Knight release. The painter has quite a few more knights done up in the same style, he's taught me quite a few painting tricks in the time i've known him.

he prepared for that paint session by doing a regular knight in 48 hours. just a lil' warmup :P

I scrolled by too fast and didn't think those exhausts were done with LensFX.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Frobbe posted:

Goddamn. The guy was an instant follow, his stuff is amazing.

Lupercalcalcal posted:

There was also a bit of a disagreement in the group about new Ork models. Model range that's coming out apparently will include new trukks, trakks, bikes, buggies, Boyz and Nobz.

One opinion was that they were "disappointing", one opinion was that they were "loving awesome" and then there was a lengthy "debate".

I find new Trukk/Nobz models hard to believe, those are recent and decent. Boyz are tired as hell though and the rest is like Gorkamorka stuff.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Cessna posted:

I did Redemptionists back in the day. I'd do it again.

Qtiyd.

The only thing keeping me from buying 40 Van Saar, is the prospect of 40 Retributionists.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What's the difference between kill team and rogue trader?

What other people said, but the name Rogue Trader has been used for a bunch of things. 1st edition was Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader, there's an RPG about rogue traders and a new product coming out iirc.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
AdMech friends, how do you run your Rangers/Vanguard? How many and what size units of both? I plan to have them support 2-3 Onagers and 4-6 Kastelans. Are arquebuses pretty reliable?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

AdMech friends, how do you run your Rangers/Vanguard? How many and what size units of both? I plan to have them support 2-3 Onagers and 4-6 Kastelans. Are arquebuses pretty reliable?

Arquebuses are good at making people be careful with their characters. You should run Skitarii is small squads because when they die (which they will), you don't want them to break from morale.

I ran my rangers stock, because they're some of the best infantry in the game bare bones. Vanguard I gave plasma calivers.

Also, just to point out since there are a bunch of new AdMech players here, you should always take Broad-Spectrum Data Tethers on your Dunecrawlers b/c they can be affected by doctrina imperatives. If you absolutely need to kill something, having BS2+ is real nice.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Good to know, I've been list-building in BS before my dex gets delivered and I wasn't aware of that.

What is doctrina imperative analogous to?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If Kill Team includes new Primaris models I declare it Cool and Good.

I wouldn't say no to a Primaris scout team to fit in that

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Lupercalcalcal posted:

I'm hoping for new buggies and more modular Boyz. I want a Kult of Speed again.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Deified Data posted:

What is doctrina imperative analogous to?

+1 to hit, +2 in the presence of certain wargear.

So a dunecrawler with a neutron laser hits -1 fliers at 2+.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's a good alternative to Fallout?

Friends with Illustrator and decal paper. I already bought the decals from Fallout Hobbies before they decided to like sexist garbage but I’m not supporting them going forward.

Lupercalcalcal posted:

I’m surprised they’d replace Nobz of all things, that kit is still great IMO, as is the Trukk. Boyz are great too but a little limited.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Castellan, Crusader, Warden, Helverin x 2 and a cheap guard battalion hits 2k on the nose, time to become the biggest jerk at the store

Join me on the dark side.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Boyz, Nobz, Trukks, and Bikes are all drat good. Not sure they need new kits.

Here's hoping they're not just monopose stuff. Though a new bike kit might mean options for Warboss/Big Mek/Painboy on bike and it might be less than $45 for 3 bikes.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Deified Data posted:

I run six MSU units of Rangers, half with Arc Rifles and half with Arquebii. This may coincide with me only owning three boxes but it’s a solid mix and both special weapons do great work.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Lupercalcalcal posted:

I don't suppose you'd happen to know anything at all about what the future holds for Inquisition / Imperial agents stuff would you?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

EvilBeard posted:

Join me on the dark side.

I'm thinking of kitbashing guard with empire models to create knightly retainers. At least look good while being cheesy.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Floppychop posted:

Though a new bike kit might mean options for Warboss/Big Mek/Painboy on bike and it might be less than $45 for 3 bikes.

Look inside your heart, you know this to be untrue.

I wonder if they will release the Ork boyz/nobz at a different scale. I can't see why they would release a new trukk/bike model.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

I'm thinking of kitbashing guard with empire models to create knightly retainers. At least look good while being cheesy.

I was planning the less lovely version of this at a valiant crusader preceptor and warglaives, since this game is at its absolute least fun when one sides getting shot off the board at long range. And then for the guard doing household troops ascadian bodies with the hexenheim heads from victoria miniatures to make them similar to the house varlock troops from dow3.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Artum posted:

And then for the guard doing household troops ascadian bodies with the hexenheim heads from victoria miniatures to make them similar to the house varlock troops from dow3.
There's a good chance I'll convert Sacristans from the upcoming Cawdor Necromunda gang members. Just cut the nooses around their necks flat and glue Mechanicus cogs in their place, and boom. Should fit in with my raggedy "feral" crew of Knights.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

BuffaloChicken posted:

There's a good chance I'll convert Sacristans from the upcoming Cawdor Necromunda gang members. Just cut the nooses around their necks flat and glue Mechanicus cogs in their place, and boom. Should fit in with my raggedy "feral" crew of Knights.

I'm leaning towards actual literal space bretonnia for my house with a nice red/blue halves scheme, with the household troops having their fatigues in that colour with the armour plates something else.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Giant Isopod posted:

I don't suppose you'd happen to know anything at all about what the future holds for Inquisition / Imperial agents stuff would you?

Nothing at all, but I'll try and steer them round to it next time we're in the pub.

And as to the other stuff, new Ork infantry surprised me and was mentioned only in passing it's possible that's not right, but since a good chunk of the debate was about the bike models in particular I'm pretty sure they're definitely on the way. I'm afraid the content of the debate was not... Terribly intelligible.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Nothing at all, but I'll try and steer them round to it next time we're in the pub.

And as to the other stuff, new Ork infantry surprised me and was mentioned only in passing it's possible that's not right, but since a good chunk of the debate was about the bike models in particular I'm pretty sure they're definitely on the way. I'm afraid the content of the debate was not... Terribly intelligible.

Any word on prime-ork ghaz?

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Artum posted:

Any word on prime-ork ghaz?

Wasn't mentioned at all. Makes me think it's either not coming or it's being considered separate for some reason.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Cainer posted:

It sounds like kill tram will be all the cults. That makes me happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnFVuxuMVc

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Castellan, Crusader, Warden, Helverin x 2 and a cheap guard battalion hits 2k on the nose, time to become the biggest jerk at the store

Gallent instead of Warden. Cawl's Wrath and ion bulwark for the castellan, Endless Fury for the crusader, Fist of Doom and Knight Seneschal for the gallant. No armigers but a pretty reasonable guard battalion instead is my plan.

If you're a real monster, you can fit in a guard brigade with those three - you only get naked guardsmen, three company commanders, three commissars and 9 mortars + sentinels though.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits
Oh and I guess I'll do my weekly drive by since I seem to have people's attention and say: if you want propsero or Calth boxes get them this summer, they're end of line in October and if they run out of stock before then it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Fantastic, thank you! They don't even tend to attract rumors so any scraps of info would be welcome!